PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Don't think I'm being mentioned in tanking because I've made a lot of moves to fill injuries etc. 

I did trade off players that I didn't like in order to stock up early picks next year. 

I know this was a competitive roster but I wanted to make it my own. 

next year I'm excited to have likely 100% my own roster moving forward

My first rounders I mildly hit on Dotson, like what I saw in Cook and Skyy Moore was a bust so far. But Skyy is on a great passing team so we shall see.

Can't wait to see how you all finish out for my draft picks. 

24 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Don't think I'm being mentioned in tanking because I've made a lot of moves to fill injuries etc. 

I did trade off players that I didn't like in order to stock up early picks next year. 

My first rounders I mildly hit on Dotson, like what I saw in Cook and Skyy Moore was a bust so far. But Skyy is on a great passing team so we shall see.

No, it's @CalLionsFan the last two wk's he been awall. Just hoping he's ok.

On 12/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, detfan782004 said:

What you did is called rebuilding. That's what you're supposed to do - if you don't want to start a bunch of vets and win, you trade them. 

What we're having the issues with are people not bothering to set their lineups and starting players on BYE weeks or IR. 

• Like 2

Guys, 

I have been commissioner of the Detroit Lions podcast’s fantasy leagues for several years now and running eight to ten cash leagues a year has just sucked the fun out of fantasy football for me. I’m not tanking, I just don’t care. I didn’t even notice I had two QBs and two other starting players on bye weeks until half way through the early games last week.  

I’m going to step out of the league after the year. I feel like the level of effort I’m putting is not fair you guys. I’ll keep making line ups for the rest of the year.

You guys are making rules to essentially deal with my apathy. I was the problem last year too if we’re being honest. It didn’t affect any game results but I forgot to even look before kickoff a few times last year too.

Edited by jollyninja
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, jollyninja said:

Guys, 

I have been commissioner of the Detroit Lions podcast’s fantasy leagues for several years now and running eight to ten cash leagues a year has just sucked the fun out of fantasy football for me. I’m not tanking, I just don’t care. I didn’t even notice I had two QBs and two other starting players on bye weeks until half way through the early games last week.  

I’m going to step out of the league after the year. I feel like the level of effort I’m putting isn is not fair you guys. I’ll keep making line ups for the rest of the year, You guys are making rules to essentially deal with my apathy. I was the problem last year too if we’re being honest. It didn’t affect any game results but I forgot to even look before kickoff a few times last year too.

It's been fun playing with you, If things change your welcome back! Enjoy the holidays!

2 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

It's been fun playing with you, If things change your welcome back! Enjoy the holidays!

You too man, zero saltiness on my end, wish you guys all the best. This is a great league, so much so it was the last “for fun” league I was in, now it’s just a terrible paying job. Well, the league was great except for that one owner who regularly plays injured guys on bye weeks like a ****. Luckily he’s gone now. Lol

1 minute ago, jollyninja said:

You too man, zero saltiness on my end, wish you guys all the best. This is a great league, so much so it was the last “for fun” league I was in, now it’s just a terrible paying job. Well, the league was great except for that one owner who regularly plays injured guys on bye weeks like a ****. Luckily he’s gone now. Lol

Mite have been a couple wk's (miss stepped over the years), to be fair, there were no FA QB's to be pickup the wk you needed one. Just poor future planning, but it didn't affect the standings so all was good.

14 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Out of curiosity @WE-R-Lions: was there a rationale behind adding Rypien yesterday, then dropping him today with no corresponding add to take his place?

Wasn't planning on playing Smith vs SF, was planning on playing White vs the Lions, then he was listed as Out. Had Huntley as a third option but wasn't sold on him so after White was ruled out I picked up Ryien for an option, decided to go with Huntley...dropped Rypien looks like I made the wrong choice. Go figure.

5 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Wasn't planning on playing Smith vs SF, was planning on playing White vs the Lions, then he was listed as Out. Had Huntley as a third option but wasn't sold on him so after White was ruled out I picked up Ryien for an option, decided to go with Huntley...dropped Rypien looks like I made the wrong choice. Go figure.

But... why drop Rypien without a corresponding add? If there wasn't someone else that you wanted, why drop him at all?

42 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Didn't need him, I already played Huntley. Didn't look for another player to add.

Noted.

I think we absolutely, positively need to add a rule that prevents "waiver cycling" in the league. If you add a player, they can't be dropped for 2 days (or something). Without such a rule, it would be way too easy to abuse the waiver system.

18 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Noted.

I think we absolutely, positively need to add a rule that prevents "waiver cycling" in the league. If you add a player, they can't be dropped for 2 days (or something). Without such a rule, it would be way too easy to abuse the waiver system.

No, the site already does this for us. When a player is picked up & droped within 24 hours the player would still be available as a FA not put on wavers. Allowing other GM's to pickup said player, or other FA players during that time.

I also wouldn't want to handcuff a GM by forcing them to hold a player they selected for 2 days, then a player on his team gets Injured with no IR slots available and unable to fill a starting roster spot. Not good!

Edited by WE-R-Lions

20 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Out of curiosity @WE-R-Lions: was there a rationale behind adding Rypien yesterday, then dropping him today with no corresponding add to take his place?

So I saw this a couple times this year from a couple owners. It felt like it was a way to control players people didn't want but didn't want them available for others to pickup,

it happened with the qb position 3 times. I had eye on QB only for him to be picked up and dropped before games but not in time to clear any waivers obviously.

it really sucked 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

So I saw this a couple times this year from a couple owners. It felt like it was a way to control players people didn't want but didn't want them available for others to pickup,

it happened with the qb position 3 times. I had eye on QB only for him to be picked up and dropped before games but not in time to clear any waivers obviously.

it really sucked 

Yep. And, if we want to allow that in a 16 team league: so be it. I think that allowing it makes for problematic situations in the future, but rules are rules.