PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

57 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

So I saw this a couple times this year from a couple owners. It felt like it was a way to control players people didn't want but didn't want them available for others to pickup,

it happened with the qb position 3 times. I had eye on QB only for him to be picked up and dropped before games but not in time to clear any waivers obviously.

it really sucked 

I had a QB issue going into a playoff game, I was looking to have options available to me on my roster so I could determine who I was going to play. That's the prudent thing to do as a GM. 

Edited by WE-R-Lions

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

So I saw this a couple times this year from a couple owners. It felt like it was a way to control players people didn't want but didn't want them available for others to pickup,

it happened with the qb position 3 times. I had eye on QB only for him to be picked up and dropped before games but not in time to clear any waivers obviously.

it really sucked 

Once again, if a player is pickup & then dropped within 24 hours he go's back as a FA not in wavers.

All I can say, if you want a player put a waver clam in or pick him up after wavers if he's still available.

1 minute ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Once again, if a player is pickup & then dropped within 24 hours he go's back as a FA not in wavers.

All I can say, if you want a player put a waver clam in or pick him up after wavers if he's still available.

It explains the Rypien situation: you dropped him just after the 24 hour window passed. He was on waivers and unavailable.

Here's what I'm saying: this is a 16 team league with a relatively small bench. With those rules, I could, in theory, note which positions my opponent has questionable players starting in, pick up a few available players at that position on Saturday morning, drop them after 24 hours and pick up different players at that position. I could, in theory, prevent him from having access to 6-10 players at that position by using the rules to manipulate the waiver system. If we're cool with that, that's completely fine. I just wanted to make sure before it becomes an issue.

Honestly...I don't see a problem with what happened. I don't know how you really regulate some of that, especially when our waivers don't go through until Thursday, and then you end up having Thursday (and now Saturday) games. We have very small benches for a dynasty league, even one with 16 teams. As long as people aren't going over their roster limits then I don't see an issue really. 

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It explains the Rypien situation: you dropped him just after the 24 hour window passed. He was on waivers and unavailable.

Here's what I'm saying: this is a 16 team league with a relatively small bench. With those rules, I could, in theory, note which positions my opponent has questionable players starting in, pick up a few available players at that position on Saturday morning, drop them after 24 hours and pick up different players at that position. I could, in theory, prevent him from having access to 6-10 players at that position by using the rules to manipulate the waiver system. If we're cool with that, that's completely fine. I just wanted to make sure before it becomes an issue.

I guess if your willing to drop all of your bench players on Thu, Fri, Sat, & Sun you could cycle though 24 scrub FA's?

But chances are if there was a solid FA or two available this late in the season they will be picked up in wavers on Thur.

11 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I guess if your willing to drop all of your bench players on Thu, Fri, Sat, & Sun you could cycle though 24 scrub FA's?

But chances are if there was a solid FA or two available this late in the season they will be picked up in wavers on Thur.

Perfect. Just making sure.

With injuries and 16 teams, there are often owners looking to add players on Sunday. I have more than 12 probable keepers, and tend to keep 2 D/ST on the bench for match-ups. I can just use those spots every weekend to restrict the number of FAs available for owners looking for injury replacements.

Thanks for the clarification. 

12 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Perfect. Just making sure.

With injuries and 16 teams, there are often owners looking to add players on Sunday. I have more than 12 probable keepers, and tend to keep 2 D/ST on the bench for match-ups. I can just use those spots every weekend to restrict the number of FAs available for owners looking for injury replacements.

Thanks for the clarification. 

That happened to me this wk as white was ruled out after wavers ran & I was a tad panicked tring to figure out what to do...it was a total failure 

10 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

This isn't true. I tried to add Rypien Sunday morning and he was on waivers.

Yea it's not always true. Like I said it happened 3 times to me. My QBs were all banged up for 3-4 weeks there so QB stuff was tough. I had to drop a hurt QB because they couldn't go as out ...think back or emergency QB and some on byes.

QB situation can get sticky here. 

Just for clarification, are we discussing whether it should be allowed for owners to pick up players to block other owners from picking them up? Or whether a player should be designated FA or waiver after having been dropped? Or whether the last point should pertain if a player hasn't been owned for a long enough period of time?

I think blocking owners by picking players up is fine if you're willing to take the bench hit and/or waiver claim.

I think if a player is owned for a short period of time, say, less than 24 or 48 hours, they should be a FA and not waiver. Isn't that how it currently is?

12 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Just for clarification, are we discussing whether it should be allowed for owners to pick up players to block other owners from picking them up? Or whether a player should be designated FA or waiver after having been dropped? Or whether the last point should pertain if a player hasn't been owned for a long enough period of time?

I think blocking owners by picking players up is fine if you're willing to take the bench hit and/or waiver claim.

I think if a player is owned for a short period of time, say, less than 24 or 48 hours, they should be a FA and not waiver. Isn't that how it currently is?

The conversation was whether or not owners should be able to add/drop players on Saturday/Sunday with the sole intention of making all viable players at a position unavailable. 

Right now, the window is only 24 hours, meaning that a player dropped Sunday morning is not available for Sunday games. This means that an owner can add 3-4 players Saturday morning, then swap those players out for different players on the following morning, essentially removing 8+ FAs from being available for those games.

The verdict seems to be that this is acceptable behavior, which works for me.

Building a winning team from this wk's FA pool.

Lots of goodness in the FA's

Tyler Huntley -            15.2

DeeJay Dallas -           11.2

Kenneth Gainwell -      9.8

Kendrick Bourne -      25.9

Isaiah Hodgins -         22.9

Trenton Irwin -            19.5

Ray-Ray McCloud III - 15.1

Shane Zylstra -          25.6

Rams D/ST -               21.0

Matt Gay -                  19.0

Total score:              185.2