PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

Pettis should be interesting to watch going forward. I was hoping to pick him and watch him develop in SF with Jimmy G, but you took him right before my pick. I ended up with James Washington, who hasn't done much so far. 

There's still time for Washington to develop, Pettis is seeing playing time do to WR Inj's & SF W/L record. They mite as well see what he can do. The playing time should help his development as a WR.

I thought he mite lay an egg vs Sea....he did better than Ok!! :)

22 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

There's still time for Washington to develop, Pettis is seeing playing time do to WR Inj's & SF W/L record. They mite as well see what he can do. The playing time should help his development as a WR.

I thought he mite lay an egg vs Sea....he did better than Ok!! :)

Players like Washington just really make me wish that we either got to keep everyone, like a true dynasty league, or that we had a taxi squad of some sort. It makes it hard to keep those developmental guys on your roster when you can only keep 12 players each year. 

Edited by Lions017

20 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Players like Washington just really make me wish that we either got to keep everyone, like a true dynasty league, or that we had a taxi squad of some sort. It makes it hard to keep those developmental guys on your roster when you can only keep 12 players each year. 

I get what your saying, but that would basically leave no FA's, It could promote more trades, which could mean more tracking/work for me (not a fan of).

As GM's that would make our decisions easy, (who do I keep...I keep them all) that feels like a cop-out to me. I like managing my team to be challenging at times.

With our format,  the real good teams have to make tough cuts or make trades, that in he end can help the bad teams improve to help keep the league competitive.

The better a team gets the harder the cuts become. Just like the NFL.  

I don't know if you will keep/trade Washington, but if not, you would still have a chance to re-draft him the following year if you believe in him. I re-drafted Gordon a year ago.

17 hours ago, honolulu2786 said:

ESPN has me (6th seed) playing against Tako (2nd seed). Shouldn't I be playing the #1 seed? Can this be adjusted? @WE-R-Lions

It's the format ESPN sets for the playoff brackets: http://games.espn.com/ffl/h2hplayoffs?leagueId=86442

Bracket-1

#1 has a bye, then plays the winner of seed #4 or #5

Bracket-2

#2 has a bye, then plays the winner of seed #3 or #6

It's the same format in the USMC Dirty Dozen League that were both in.

11 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

This is the most important MNF game that I can recall in a while...for fantasy purposes haha

Mostly a def game but a lot riding on the line as far as the FF playoff's, It came down to the wire... that last fumble changed the outcome of who would play in the SB. Congrats on the W & good luck next wk in the FF SB!