PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

1 hour ago, LionsRock said:

This is PAINFULLY Slow!!

Yes, Lets try get this moving a little quicker, I know things happen...(I just lost power for two hours) I also understand wanting to make a good Pk and enjoying the draft and all, But we could all try to move it along a tad faster.

Thanks! 

9 hours ago, Irish Ninja said:

New rule idea, the team with the lowest accumulative draft time gets week 1 waiver wire precedence? 

Example- I took 14 hours combined between my 6 picks.

it would have to be implemented next season but just an idea 

I love the creative thinking, always open to Ideas! I don't see that being fair as a GM could always be on the clock at midnight or waiting on a response on a trade multiple times throughout the draft.

The draft is an exciting time to build your team, & can also be a frustrating time waiting to do so.

I've racked my brain on this subject for sometime, this is the best I could come up with & have it in our rules:
"It's encouraged and good etiquette not to take the full 24 if you can". 

If we all do our part during the draft, is all we can ask of each other.

Enjoy the process of the draft but don't hold it up.

Assuming everyone has the site setting, set at:  "Notify me of replies" As that could help move things along. If not I would recommend changing it. 

• Like 1

I think that after the first three rounds the time limit should go down to 12 hours or even less. At a certain point it becomes mostly kickers and defenses anyway, and people stop caring. And I bring this up every year, but it really sucks when the draft takes too long, since players are getting hurt and we start getting reports about who looks good in camp and all of that. I’d almost rather do the draft earlier in the year so everyone is on the same footing. 

Time slots also work. Two or three hours each, announced the day before. 

11 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I think that after the first three rounds the time limit should go down to 12 hours or even less. At a certain point it becomes mostly kickers and defenses anyway, and people stop caring. And I bring this up every year, but it really sucks when the draft takes too long, since players are getting hurt and we start getting reports about who looks good in camp and all of that. I’d almost rather do the draft earlier in the year so everyone is on the same footing. 

Time slots also work. Two or three hours each, announced the day before. 

I proposed the 6th Rd  on June, 28 but only got two responses.

"Posted June 28

For this years draft, I'm considering changing the draft window for the (6th round only) to 12 hours -vs- 24 hours as trades are non existent after we get to the 6th Rd.

Thoughts?"

I see the draft as a three fold strategy. (and of course team needs) 

One can trade up to grab a highly rated rookie, trade back hoping to land a player making noise in camp that stay's healthy, or trade for a future pk.  

Rd's 3-4 your looking for players making noise in camp that stay's healthy for the most part

Rd's 5-6 K's & Def's for the most part

3 hours ago, SimsZilla said:

This is soooooo slow lol. It’s crazy. I think time slots or 12 hours or less would be good. 

Yeah, the 4th round has been slow. Everyone did pretty well there at first which is expected, but the 4-6 rounds are historically very slow. Probably because there aren't any good players left and now it's time for the boring Def and K picks lol. I know that life happens and FF is the last thing on someone's mind during a busy day. I think the 24 hour rule is still appropriate because of that; making sure the next person up is private messaged and tagged can help too. No matter what type of draft schedule is created, there will always be one or two people who throw it all off. Just how it goes sometimes. The draft will get done, the season is a month away, it's all good.