PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

4 hours ago, Foooooooootball said:

Yeah, the 4th round has been slow. Everyone did pretty well there at first which is expected, but the 4-6 rounds are historically very slow. Probably because there aren't any good players left and now it's time for the boring Def and K picks lol. I know that life happens and FF is the last thing on someone's mind during a busy day. I think the 24 hour rule is still appropriate because of that; making sure the next person up is private messaged and tagged can help too. No matter what type of draft schedule is created, there will always be one or two people who throw it all off. Just how it goes sometimes. The draft will get done, the season is a month away, it's all good.

I agree with this, but have been throwing around the Idea of:

(if you miss your 24 hour draft window you have to wait to select your pick until your next 24 hour draft window, or the last pk in the draft, whichever comes first) -VS- (if you miss your 24 hour draft window you can make your at pick anytime)

Folks,

IMHO, we need to pump the brakes a little bit.  We are just about halfway through the 4th round in what is a six round draft.  Heck, the season doesn't kick off until the 5th of Sept for cryin' out loud.  It seems like every year it's the same old thing. 

So as a great man once said, "R-E-L-A-X".  There's a reason why @WE-R-Lions started the draft when he did.  We still have PLENTY of time....

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, USMC_PackFan said:

Folks,

IMHO, we need to pump the brakes a little bit.  We are just about halfway through the 4th round in what is a six round draft.  Heck, the season doesn't kick off until the 5th of Sept for cryin' out loud.  It seems like every year it's the same old thing. 

So as a great man once said, "R-E-L-A-X".  There's a reason why @WE-R-Lions started the draft when he did.  We still have PLENTY of time....

To me it's just more fun when things move along. I know that we have time, but it's more fun for everyone else when things move at a steady rate. It's not fun to check in here every few hours only to find that nothing has happened. At the same time, we all have cell phones, guys. I know that this isn't life or death, but if you signed up for a league, you should be able to check in every 12 or 24 hours or whatever we have set up. It's not that much to ask. It's just being courteous to everyone else in the league. If you know you won't be able to do that, send a big board to someone else. 

Edited by Lions017

51 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

To me it's just more fun when things move along. I know that we have time, but it's more fun for everyone else when things move at a steady rate. It's not fun to check in here every few hours only to find that nothing has happened. At the same time, we all have cell phones, guys. I know that this isn't life or death, but if you signed up for a league, you should be able to check in every 12 or 24 hours or whatever we have set up. It's not that much to ask. It's just being courteous to everyone else in the league. If you know you won't be able to do that, send a big board to someone else. 

I definitely agree with you that it's more fun when things are moving along smoothly.  However, I'm also mindful of the fact that real life just doesn't work that way.  A lot of us have things outside of Fantasy Football that take precedence (family, work, after school activities, etc.). 

Do I want everyone to get their picks in quickly? Of course!  But in the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal if someone takes all of their allotted time to make their pick (as long as we're on schedule of course).  If you're skipped, no problem.  Make your pick as soon as you can get back on.  Having said that, we do have a 2 skip rule in place for reason.  We've had these & other draft rules in place a while now to mitigate the risk of us not finishing on time (which we've never done BTW).  If it's looking like we're really running up against it, we can & should tighten up the draft window.  But as it stands now, I see no legitimate reason to do so.

We can agree to disagree but, that's just my .02...  

Edited by USMC_PackFan
  • Like 1

If we're so worried about speeding things up then we should time slot out the draft ahead of time so everyone knows when they're picking. We don't need to start adding rules over one guy having something to do, lol. Missed picks happen every year in every league. I'll always be against adding rules we don't need. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, X_Factor_40 said:

If we're so worried about speeding things up then we should time slot out the draft ahead of time so everyone knows when they're picking. We don't need to start adding rules over one guy having something to do, lol. Missed picks happen every year in every league. I'll always be against adding rules we don't need. 

I'm more in favor of time slots. That way you know when you have to pick and can make arrangements if you can't do it. It also cuts down on having to check in to see where the draft is. You know when your pick is due. 

Work it in next year. 

1 hour ago, winitall said:

Not going to be able to make my pick for another 2 or 3 hours until I can get to a laptop to see what defenses are still on the board. If anyone wants to move up, just let me know. Pick will be very cheap. 

Whew, I needed  a break from listing the pk's............All kidding aside, thanks for keeping us in the loop!!

Edited by WE-R-Lions