PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

Has the schedule always been like this, where you play the same three opponents twice in the first six weeks? If so...is that something that's done by choice? Seems kind of strange to me, even if you're just playing your division, to play them all back-to-back like that. What if you have a key injury or something? 

3 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Has the schedule always been like this, where you play the same three opponents twice in the first six weeks? If so...is that something that's done by choice? Seems kind of strange to me, even if you're just playing your division, to play them all back-to-back like that. What if you have a key injury or something? 

I’m pretty sure that’s how ESPN sets up the schedule automatically. In another dynasty league of mine that has been going on for some years now we switched platforms from ESPN because of the scheduling along with some other things we wanted to be able to customize.

44 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

The ESPN site does allow you to adjust the sch.

Yes, we have always played our divisional games the first six weeks for two reasons.

1. The odds of our players being the healthiest are at the start of the season.

2. The first 3 wk's we don't have bye wk's to deal with when your playing your divisional opponents so teams are at full strength for 3 of them.

Each year I rotate the last 7 games with the other divisions in the league from year, to year, to year.   

Edited by WE-R-Lions

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

The ESPN site does allow you to adjust the sch.

Yes, we have always played our divisional games the first six weeks for two reasons.

1. The odds of our players being the healthiest are at the start of the season.

2. The first 3 wk's we don't have bye wk's to deal with when your playing your divisional opponents so teams are at full strength for 3 of them.

Each year I rotate the last 7 games with the other divisions in the league from year, to year, to year.   

Ok, got it. I was just curious. It stinks being in a division with a couple of other really good teams (we have 3 of the top 8 in points), but that's just the luck of the draw I guess. 

Edited by Lions017

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

Ok, got it. I was just curious. It stinks being in a division with a couple of other really good teams (we have 3 of the top 8 in points), but that's just the luck of the draw I guess. 

Yes!! I'm in that same Division.....My team is not one of the three powerhouses....UG! :$

On 8/27/2019 at 3:44 PM, WE-R-Lions said:

He does have some nice talent around him, but he's still a 29 year old back-up. I would temper any thoughts about a big breakout...I think he could have some nice games this year, but I don't see him being a top 12 QB.

so far so good on jacoby. saved my season so far

Ugh. My team has just had horrible luck this year. Not one player has taken the next step - many have even regressed.

Cohen isn't getting as many touches, neither is Lindsay. 

Samuel, Thomas, JuJu, and Washington are all dealing with backup QB's. 

Mike Williams has been hurt. 

Bruce Arians hates tight ends for some reason, so OJ Howard hasn't done much. 

There's my starting lineup, essentially...

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Ugh. My team has just had horrible luck this year. Not one player has taken the next step - many have even regressed.

Cohen isn't getting as many touches, neither is Lindsay. 

Samuel, Thomas, JuJu, and Washington are all dealing with backup QB's. 

Mike Williams has been hurt. 

Bruce Arians hates tight ends for some reason, so OJ Howard hasn't done much. 

There's my starting lineup, essentially...

I feel your pain regarding players not taking the next step & regressing.......UG!! :S