Sign in to follow this  
Broncofan

Pat Bowlen & Champ Bailey elected to HoF

Does this mean he is in?  Or he is just a finalist? if he is going up against Gil Brandt who was with the Cowboys, I am almost certain I know which way the final vote will sway...but hey...a nomination.  

10 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Does this mean he is in?  Or he is just a finalist? if he is going up against Gil Brandt who was with the Cowboys, I am almost certain I know which way the final vote will sway...but hey...a nomination.  

It almost certainly locks in that he’s getting in this year or next.  If each get 80 percent of votes both get in.  It would be an upset if both didn’t get in TBH.   Both are no brainer inductions.  Jerry Jones getting in ahead of Brandt was ridiculous.  

Edited by Broncofan

Great news.

I can basically force myself to tears imagining the "This ones for John" / "This ones for Pat" playing side by side in my head. It's unfortunate that his health has declined so much, hopefully the committee gets it right and gives the family a great memory.

While Bowlen is almost certainly a shoo-in, a few former Broncos made the finalist stage.  I think Bailey is the one who gets in, maybe not this year (Tony Gonzalez, Tony Boselli & Ed Reed are big headliners this year).   Atwater & Lynch, not so sure how they fare, especially since Reed likely gets seen as the top safety among this group.

Atwater should have been in like 10 years ago...wasn't like a 7,8,9 time all-pro and two time SB Champ?  

I will be making the drive from Philadelphia to Canton in August if/when Champ/Pat get in. If Atwater gets in it's an added bonus. Lynch is not a Bronco in my mind (personally), but I expect he gets in. I've told myself for almost 15 years when Bailey lands in the HOF I will be there since he's my favorite player of all time. Crazy that's almost here now.

35 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I will be making the drive from Philadelphia to Canton in August if/when Champ/Pat get in. If Atwater gets in it's an added bonus. Lynch is not a Bronco in my mind (personally), but I expect he gets in. I've told myself for almost 15 years when Bailey lands in the HOF I will be there since he's my favorite player of all time. Crazy that's almost here now.

Crap it never even entered my mind, but do I need to make the pilgrimage as well?!

Well earned for both.  

Edited by Broncofan

Figured Atwater would be the one left out among the finalist. No way 3 broncos were going in one year.

26 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Figured Atwater would be the one left out among the finalist. No way 3 broncos were going in one year.

Plus Ed Reed in this class.   But his time will come.  Just a matter of when not if in his case.  

Great!

Edited by AKRNA