Pat Bowlen & Champ Bailey elected to HoF

Broncofan

22 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I don't know how Ty Law got in over Atwater. He is a HOVG in my eyes, not a HOFer. Patriot bias strikes again.

If anything isn't the NFL biased against the Patriots? Deflategate was a joke, they've put up with more crap from the NFL than any other franchise.

2 hours ago, Royal_VT said:

If anything isn't the NFL biased against the Patriots? Deflategate was a joke, they've put up with more crap from the NFL than any other franchise.

Are you kidding? Belichick, Brady, Ernie Adams, and other parties in on it should have been banned 11 years ago for Spygate. This championship is another black mark for the NFL.

Long overdue for Mr. B and great to see Champ rightly elected on the first ballot. 

I was born in 1982 so I saw and remember most of Elway’s career and he still is the best ever Broncos player, but Champ is a close second and the most dominant defensive Bronco I’ve seen, Von included.  

One thing that always sticks out to me about Champ is how whenever we played the Pats, Belichick just ceded that side of the field to Champ, basically saying, “he’s too good so we’re just going to give them that.” And one of the few, literally one countable on one hand, times Brady threw his way Champ had the iconic 99-yard interception return that helped hand Brady/Belichick their first ever playoff loss in the 2005 divisional round. 

Hopefully Steve Atwater can get in next year because in 2020 Peyton will be elidgable and it’d be great see Bronocos elected in several consecutive years. 

29 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Long overdue for Mr. B and great to see Champ rightly elected on the first ballot. 

I was born in 1982 so I saw and remember most of Elway’s career and he still is the best ever Broncos player, but Champ is a close second and the most dominant defensive Bronco I’ve seen, Von included.  

One thing that always sticks out to me about Champ is how whenever we played the Pats, Belichick just ceded that side of the field to Champ, basically saying, “he’s too good so we’re just going to give them that.” And one of the few, literally one countable on one hand, times Brady threw his way Champ had the iconic 99-yard interception return that helped hand Brady/Belichick their first ever playoff loss in the 2005 divisional round. 

Hopefully Steve Atwater can get in next year because in 2020 Peyton will be elidgable and it’d be great see Bronocos elected in several consecutive years. 

Recent history suggests Atwater has a great chance of getting in next year.

They are floating the idea of an expanded class for the NFL's 100th anniversary as well. That could open the door for someone like Gradishar. I wasn't alive at the time but it's pretty absurd that not one member of the Orange Crush defense is in the HOF. 

7 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Recent history suggests Atwater has a great chance of getting in next year.

They are floating the idea of an expanded class for the NFL's 100th anniversary as well. That could open the door for someone like Gradishar. I wasn't alive at the time but it's pretty absurd that not one member of the Orange Crush defense is in the HOF. 

No one really knew the Bronco's existed which is really a shame. Joe Collier was the greatest DC I've ever seen and what a team they put on the field.  It's unbelievable that Rubin Carter and Barney Chavous never had one pro bowl between them.

Gradishar, Louis Wright and Billy Thompson should've been 1st or 2nd ballot HOF guys. They were the best at their positions for a decade, just nobody ever saw them play until the 1977 playoffs. Then forgot them just as quickly.

Still though, the best example of ignoring Bronco's players has to be Simon Fletcher. How does a guy play eleven years, never missing a game in ten of them, rack up 97.5 sacks and 830 tackles from an OLB spot with a 6 year stretch from 88-93 that was statistically incredible and never get selected to one pro bowl? Beats the hell out of me.

Archived