Pat Bowlen & Champ Bailey elected to HoF

Broncofan

7 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

No one really knew the Bronco's existed which is really a shame. Joe Collier was the greatest DC I've ever seen and what a team they put on the field.  It's unbelievable that Rubin Carter and Barney Chavous never had one pro bowl between them.

Gradishar, Louis Wright and Billy Thompson should've been 1st or 2nd ballot HOF guys. They were the best at their positions for a decade, just nobody ever saw them play until the 1977 playoffs. Then forgot them just as quickly.

Still though, the best example of ignoring Bronco's players has to be Simon Fletcher. How does a guy play eleven years, never missing a game in ten of them, rack up 97.5 sacks and 830 tackles from an OLB spot with a 6 year stretch from 88-93 that was statistically incredible and never get selected to one pro bowl? Beats the hell out of me.

‘92 when he had 16 sacks and didn’t make it is an obvious joke.  It’s why Pro Bowls as a standard of being good or greatness is also a joke.  

Brian Griese has a pro bowl under his name in a season he threw 19 TDS and 2700 yards.  

That entire system is completely screwed up.

10 hours ago, AKRNA said:

No one really knew the Bronco's existed which is really a shame. Joe Collier was the greatest DC I've ever seen and what a team they put on the field.  It's unbelievable that Rubin Carter and Barney Chavous never had one pro bowl between them.

Gradishar, Louis Wright and Billy Thompson should've been 1st or 2nd ballot HOF guys. They were the best at their positions for a decade, just nobody ever saw them play until the 1977 playoffs. Then forgot them just as quickly.

Still though, the best example of ignoring Bronco's players has to be Simon Fletcher. How does a guy play eleven years, never missing a game in ten of them, rack up 97.5 sacks and 830 tackles from an OLB spot with a 6 year stretch from 88-93 that was statistically incredible and never get selected to one pro bowl? Beats the hell out of me.

As someone whose first Broncos memories were the Elway Super Bowl years, I really appreciate when you reach back into the vault and talk about the unsung heroes of yesteryear. You should start a thread where you just go off each week or so and highlight either a player, game, year, unit whatever is on your mind. 

6 hours ago, Royal_VT said:

As someone whose first Broncos memories were the Elway Super Bowl years, I really appreciate when you reach back into the vault and talk about the unsung heroes of yesteryear. You should start a thread where you just go off each week or so and highlight either a player, game, year, unit whatever is on your mind. 

Glad you like it. You'll just have to wait for my rants though. I never know what might set me off but it's a pretty good bet that HOF discussions will do the trick.

Archived