2019 draft/QB position league wide

OrangeNBlue86

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I had a dream we drafted Grier a while back. He throws too many picks for my liking. 

He's making full field reads in that offense it literally is prostyle . I have no problem with a few more picks. 

He'll come in the league to some franchise and he may not be a franchise qb. He's probably more Andy dalton but after what we've seen I have no problem with that.

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

He's making full field reads in that offense it literally is prostyle . I have no problem with a few more picks. 

He'll come in the league to some franchise and he may not be a franchise qb. He's probably more Andy dalton but after what we've seen I have no problem with that.

He’s 24 year 1 NFL who didn’t succeed in college until he was 22.    He’s still limited now.  That’s exactly the kind of reach in Rd1 that we should avoid IMO.   Like Dalton a much more justifiable pick if he’s Day 2.   Because he probably never becomes a true franchise QB just a guy who’s league average with the odd career year or two that sniffs top 12 territory.  

Personally for me it’s Herbert or pass early on QB this year.  Problem being Herbert looks like the top guy on the board so we better have a top 5 pick and be ahead of NYG and maybe OAK if we want him.  Not great odds. 

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He’s 24 year 1 NFL who didn’t succeed in college until he was 22.    He’s still limited now.  That’s exactly the kind of reach in Rd1 that we should avoid IMO.   Like Dalton a much more justifiable pick if he’s Day 2.   Because he probably never becomes a true franchise QB just a guy who’s league average with the odd career year or two that sniffs top 12 territory.  

I'd be fine getting a plug and play qb in round 2 with his head on straight. 

The success issue was because he was suspended at Florida for a pd violation it was an over the counter supplement guys make mistakes. 

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd be fine getting a plug and play qb in round 2 with his head on straight. 

The success issue was because he was suspended at Florida for a pd violation it was an over the counter supplement guys make mistakes. 

It still doesn’t change the fact he’s not a complete prospect at age 23.  That’s a huge flag.   He should be complete by now in terms of college play.   

The problem with saying Rd2 is that in this class he’s likely the 2nd QB off the board.  That means likely a top 15-20 pick at latest.   No thx. 

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Personally for me it’s Herbert or pass early on QB this year.  Problem being Herbert looks like the top guy on the board so we better have a top 5 pick and be ahead of NYG and maybe OAK if we want him.  Not great odds. 

After today I wouldn’t count out a pretty high pick

Just now, Broncofan said:

It still doesn’t change the fact he’s not a complete prospect at age 23.  That’s a huge flag.   He should be complete by now in terms of college play.   

The problem with saying Rd2 is that in this class he’s likely the 2nd QB off the board.  That means likely a top 15-20 pick at latest.   No thx. 

Not really because an older qb tends too fall in my opinion.  This league has a bunch of ocs that think they can turn every young qb into the next Wentz, Mahomes, the next big thing.

Grier is gonna be 24 hes not gonna have a higher ceiling as some others. Coaches will fall in love with Lock or The Ohio State guy.

I read Daniel Jeremiahs report on Grier. And I like what I read. He's smooth in a lot of the stuff that he does just needs to improve the deep ball. 

Our qbs have been so bad I'd be comforted with an andy dalton style of player.

3 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

After today I wouldn’t count out a pretty high pick

Yeah I hear you.  I hate to say it but if we want to get Herbert we’d likely have to go 3-13 and also pick ahead of NYG and OAK to be sure.   And still someone could trade up with any team who doesn’t need QB who is picking ahead.   Nick Bosa and Ed Oliver likely can separate themselves enough that 1.1 and 1.2 won’t likely budge they are generational talents at premium positions.   But after that it’s anyone’s guess.  

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Not really because an older qb tends too fall in my opinion.  This league has a bunch of ocs that think they can turn every young qb into the next Wentz, Mahomes, the next big thing.

Grier is gonna be 24 hes not gonna have a higher ceiling as some others. Coaches will fall in love with Lock or The Ohio State guy.

I read Daniel Jeremiahs report on Grier. And I like what I read. He's smooth in a lot of the stuff that he does just needs to improve the deep ball. 

Our qbs have been so bad I'd be comforted with an andy dalton style of player.

Meh either a guy is a franchise level QB we get excited about - or we might as well roll with Kelly for a full 2nd year.   I really do hope Kelly shows something when he gets his chance.   Even if it’s just dumb luck on Elway’s part I’ll take it.  Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than smart/good.  

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Meh either a guy is a franchise level QB we get excited about - or we might as well roll with Kelly for a full 2nd year.   I really do hope Kelly shows something when he gets his chance.   Even if it’s just dumb luck on Elway’s part I’ll take it.  Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than smart/good.  

That qb from duke is supposed to be a solid prospect you think he'll be draftable?

24 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

That qb from duke is supposed to be a solid prospect you think he'll be draftable?

Daniel Jones?  He needs so much more work, and he lost valuable time already this year.  I really would be surprised if he declared TBH.   I get the 2020 class looks better so bigger fish in a small pond...but man.  Great physical tools...very little actual QB skills so far (read progression, anticipation, recognition of D's).  We've had our fill of that type for a while IMO.

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Daniel Jones?  He needs so much more work, and he lost valuable time already this year.  I really would be surprised if he declared TBH.   I get the 2020 class looks better so bigger fish in a small pond...but man.  Great physical tools...very little actual QB skills so far (read progression, anticipation, recognition of D's).  We've had our fill of that type for a while IMO.

I really like McKenzie Milton if we could snag him in the 3rd I'd love that gamble. He needs to get to 200+ pounds. But man he can move in the pocket, throw off different platforms. 

I know its cliche and I'd like to wait until the combine but the guy reminds me a lot of Russell Wilson. Think he could become a player.

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

It's October 8th and we're talking about the draft. Just want to put that out there. How depressing.

I was hoping we can at least out on that until Thanksgiving.

Good news is this year we will likely have a coaching search to look forward to. 

Yea I was hoping to be competitive till Thanksgiving but thats not happening. 

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah I hear you.  I hate to say it but if we want to get Herbert we’d likely have to go 3-13 and also pick ahead of NYG and OAK to be sure.   And still someone could trade up with any team who doesn’t need QB who is picking ahead.   Nick Bosa and Ed Oliver likely can separate themselves enough that 1.1 and 1.2 won’t likely budge they are generational talents at premium positions.   But after that it’s anyone’s guess.  

Where is this 'OAK is in the QB market' narrative coming from? And if it's true, why aren't we talking more about Derek Carr in orange and blue?

Archived