Preseason Week 3: Indianapolis Colts vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Who is this Mark Nzeocha and does he have any potential?

I'd be surprised if he does, but he's not having a bad camp as far as I know, and he was always going to be a long term play (german born player with upside but limited to no actual football experience when he was drafted). So it's possible. 

He's a 28 year old who's spent the great majority of his career on and off the Dallas practice squad before we signed him. He entered the draft as a 24 year old, I think, so he was a little old at the time.  I believe this is actually only his 4th season. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd be surprised if he does, but he's not having a bad camp as far as I know, and he was always going to be a long term play (german born player with upside but limited to no actual football experience when he was drafted). So it's possible. 

He's a 28 year old who's spent the great majority of his career on and off the Dallas practice squad before we signed him. He entered the draft as a 24 year old, I think, so he was a little old at the time.  I believe this is actually only his 4th season. 

Wait what? He played college at Wyoming. He played both off ball LB and strong safety. Will be paying close attention to him tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wait what? He played college at Wyoming. He played both off ball LB and strong safety. Will be paying close attention to him tomorrow. 

Yeah, he did. I believe he didn't start playing real football until he was at wyoming. The information I found was that he played "club football" in europe before that, but the information is sketchy, but others indicate he didn't start playing football until college (Gary Horton). Even though he was in college for 4 years, he missed the bulk of one season with an injury, and only played about 2 years total in those 4 years (like 25 games is what I'm seeing?) and that was split between multiple positions. The no part of little to no shouldn't have been used, but it was just to turn a phrase. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why not? Williams and McNichols didn't really impress last game so let's see what Morris can do. 

Yeah, really disappointed with what they did in week 2 overall. One of them really had a chance to step up and potentially earn a roster spot if we were uncomfortable with McKinnon / Breida in week one from an injury perspective and decided to keep an extra running back. Not sure that we are planning to keep an extra running back yet, but Morris may already be the favorite for that spot (I'd assume maybe the first two weeks before we have to let someone go for Foster to return) because of the Williams' injury and McNichols largely being ineffective. 

17 hours ago, Forge said:

but limited to no actual football experience when he was drafted). So it's possible. 

That's the part that confused me from your post. I was like what what?? I'm pretty sure he did play college football before getting drafted lol.

Barrows did his 53 man projection a little bit ago.  

Pretty standard fare for the most part. JG / Beathard at QB. Does have the additional running back with the injuries to breida and mckinnon, and gave that spot to Morris. 

He has Burbridge > James in the wide receiver battle. O-line is standard. With the injury to Mags, Cooper / Garnett / Person are all on the roster. 

No surprises on the defensive line (unless you consider Blair making the roster a surprise). 

Linebacker is a little surprising - there is no Watson. He has Pita / Nzeocha making the roster, and then in a bit of a surprise, Elijah Lee as well. I'm sure this is due to the Foster suspension. Mabin is the corner who wins thats dangling final cornerback spot. 

Still has Harris making the roster, which still doesn't make much sense to me overall I guess. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's the part that confused me from your post. I was like what what?? I'm pretty sure he did play college football before getting drafted lol.

Yeah, I was bad decision there - was just turning a phrase and didn't actually consider what I was writing lol

Archived