Rate my DRAFT Thread

EaglesPeteC

12 team PPR, RuYD bonus @ 100 (3), 150 (4) and 200 (5) // ReYD bonus @ 100 (2), 150 (4) and 200 (5) // PaYD bonus @ 300 (3), 400 (3) and 450 (7).

Pick #2

QB - Matthew Stafford, Phillip Rivers

RB (4 max) - Derrick Henry, Lamar Miller, Jamaal Williams, Adrian Peterson

WR - Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams

TE - Evan Engram, Mike Gesicki

K - Dan Bailey

D/ST - LAC

48 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

12 team PPR, RuYD bonus @ 100 (3), 150 (4) and 200 (5) // ReYD bonus @ 100 (2), 150 (4) and 200 (5) // PaYD bonus @ 300 (3), 400 (3) and 450 (7).

Pick #2

QB - Matthew Stafford, Phillip Rivers

RB (4 max) - Derrick Henry, Lamar Miller, Jamaal Williams, Adrian Peterson

WR - Antonio Brown, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Jamison Crowder, Tyrell Williams

TE - Evan Engram, Mike Gesicki

K - Dan Bailey

D/ST - LAC

Love the QBs for the yardage bonuses. Your RBs absolutely leave something to be desired. Henry being your best isn't going to be helped by the PPR setting because Lewis will get a lot of that. With that said you have 3 Top-15 WRs and that will catapult you into contention easily. If you can muster even 1 Top-15 RB I think you'll be fine. 

10 Team Keeper PPR league 2 Flex starters. I took over an abandoned team at the start of last year, so I am recovering from having crap keepers to start with (k) indicates my keepers. 

QB- Andrew Luck

RB- Alvin Kamara(k), Jerrick McKinnon

WR- Allen Robinson, JuJu Smith Schuster(k)

TE- Travis Kelce(k)

Flex- Royce Freeman, Marquise Goodwin

K- Boswell

DST- Titans

Bench- Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Robby Anderson, Mike Williams, Randall Cobb, Alex Smith (wanted insurance for Luck)

Basically, I went after all the rookie RB's trying to see if one can develop into a Keeper this year. 

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

10 Team Keeper PPR league 2 Flex starters. I took over an abandoned team at the start of last year, so I am recovering from having crap keepers to start with (k) indicates my keepers. 

QB- Andrew Luck

TE- Travis Kelce(k)

K- Boswell

DST- Titans

Bench- Kerryon Johnson, Sony Michel, Robby Anderson, Mike Williams, Randall Cobb, Alex Smith (wanted insurance for Luck)

Basically, I went after all the rookie RB's trying to see if one can develop into a Keeper this year. 

Who do you feel has the best opportunity to?

I think i would go Freeman just because Detroit's backfield is crowded and Michel is a NE running back and...those don't normally turn out great. 

19 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Who do you feel has the best opportunity to?

I think i would go Freeman just because Detroit's backfield is crowded and Michel is a NE running back and...those don't normally turn out great. 

I drafted Freeman the highest and will be the one in my lineup to start. Hopefully i can be patient with the other two to see if one can emerge as a legit guy 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Getting McCaffrey in the 3rd is a pretty big steal. Really made going WR-WR work to your benefit. Ajayi is a risky pick. He could really boom but you never know how the Eagles will use RB's week to week or he could really be their bell cow for the year. 

Yeah I was pretty happy with McCaffrey in the 3rd, but when I was up at 2.8 and Mccaffrey, Mixon and Jordan Howard were all there, I felt okay about going WR. 

I am currently trying to trade Ajayi and a later WR for either Mixon or Howard

12 team, non ppr league. QB, 2RB, 2WR, FLEX, TE, K, D.

I'm not too happy with my haul this year. Everybody went deep at the RB position this year which was a complete change from every year prior. Caught me completely off guard and that is why I have a bunch of sleepers on my RB corp. Everyone zigged so I zagged and filled out every other position. What are your thoughts?

QB: Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck
RB: Kareem Hunt, Royce Freeman, Peyton Barber, Jamaal Williams, Samaje Perine
WR: Julio Jones, A.J. Green, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Kenny Stills, Kenny Golladay
TE: Delanie Walker
PK: Robbie Gould
TD: Minnesota Vikings

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

QB- Andrew Luck

TE- Travis Kelce(k)

K- Boswell

DST- Titans

Good idea covering the high potential/risk of Luck with the higher floor of Smith. McKinnon's ability to handle a full workload worries me but in a PPR league he should be a fine #2. A-Rob/Juju/Royce/Goodwin are all really good options imo and the bench has a lot of solid potential as well

9 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah I was pretty happy with McCaffrey in the 3rd, but when I was up at 2.8 and Mccaffrey, Mixon and Jordan Howard were all there, I felt okay about going WR. 

I am currently trying to trade Ajayi and a later WR for either Mixon or Howard

If you can do that I definitely would. Ajayi is on a "do not want list" of mine. 

2 hours ago, 559Raider said:

12 team, non ppr league. QB, 2RB, 2WR, FLEX, TE, K, D.

I'm not too happy with my haul this year. Everybody went deep at the RB position this year which was a complete change from every year prior. Caught me completely off guard and that is why I have a bunch of sleepers on my RB corp. Everyone zigged so I zagged and filled out every other position. What are your thoughts?

QB: Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck
RB: Kareem Hunt, Royce Freeman, Peyton Barber, Jamaal Williams, Samaje Perine
WR: Julio Jones, A.J. Green, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Kenny Stills, Kenny Golladay
TE: Delanie Walker
PK: Robbie Gould
TD: Minnesota Vikings

I think you absolutely killed it. Do you have a proven #2? No, but I bet if you look at most teams only 2-3 do and they cant possibly have 3 WRs as strong as the ones you have. I wouldn't say "I'm not too happy" about this team at all. I just don't understand how the heck you got AJ Green, Juju and Royce Freeman in rounds 3-5. AJ Green was a 2nd rounder in my 12 team league, Royce and Juju were 4th rounders and yet the RB pool was awful at best

12-team PPR

(1 QB) - Matthew Stafford

(2 WR) - Marvin Jones, Chris Hogan

(2 RB) - Ezekiel Elliot, Joe Mixon

(1 TE) - Rob Gronkowski

(1 FLEX) - Will Fuller

(1 K) - Justin Tucker

(1 DEF) - Philadelphia

BENCH - Mark Ingram, Randall Cobb, Keelan Cole, Tyler Eifert, Jared Goff, Corey Clement, John Ross

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

12-team PPR

(1 QB) - Matthew Stafford

(2 WR) - Marvin Jones, Chris Hogan

(2 RB) - Ezekiel Elliot, Joe Mixon

(1 TE) - Rob Gronkowski

(1 FLEX) - Will Fuller

(1 K) - Justin Tucker

(1 DEF) - Philadelphia

BENCH - Mark Ingram, Randall Cobb, Keelan Cole, Tyler Eifert, Jared Goff, Corey Clement, John Ross

Don't love the WRs but in a 12 team, this depth is pretty amazing.
Lots of lotto tickets. I expect one of Keelan Cole or John Ross to have big years. Good work. 

6 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Don't love the WRs but in a 12 team, this depth is pretty amazing.
Lots of lotto tickets. I expect one of Keelan Cole or John Ross to have big years. Good work. 

I sense a Will Fuller breakout. Deshaun First round pedigree in his third season, Watson is going to have a big year, and Hopkins will be occupying double coverage in which Fuller can take advantage of - especially deep, his specialty. 

Hogan is the only reliable receiver for Brady on the roster until Edelman gets back Week 5. Hopefully he can continue his Superbowl form and chemistry with Tom.

Love Marvin Jones. Probably the Lions best redzone and deep threat. I don’t think too highly of the Lions this season so I think they play a lot of catch-up and pad soft coverage snaps. 

And Cole could develop into the defacto #1 WR in Jacksonville. He’s a decent punt. And John Ross is going to see the field a ton and will have his breakout games. 

All in all I didn’t snag a target hog 1WR, but I grabbed every WR2 with consistent output in good situations.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

I sense a Will Fuller breakout. Deshaun First round pedigree in his third season, Watson is going to have a big year, and Hopkins will be occupying double coverage in which Fuller can take advantage of - especially deep, his specialty. 

Hogan is the only reliable receiver for Brady on the roster until Edelman gets back Week 5. Hopefully he can continue his Superbowl form and chemistry with Tom.

Love Marvin Jones. Probably the Lions best redzone and deep threat. I don’t think too highly of the Lions this season so I think they play a lot of catch-up and pad soft coverage snaps. 

And Cole could develop into the defacto #1 WR in Jacksonville. He’s a decent punt. And John Ross is going to see the field a ton and will have his breakout games. 

All in all I didn’t snag a target hog 1WR, but I grabbed every WR2 with consistent output in good situations.

Yeah I agree about Fuller. Not sure how I missed him. He's a top 20 WR imo. 

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm a little surprised you took DJ at #2. Figured Bell or Gurley were Top-2 but I love Adams, Goodwin and McCaffrey(especially in this setting). Ingram is a strong stash guy and Smith will be a fine fill-in while Wentz recovers. I think you did pretty well.

Yeah the consensus is definitely Gurley/Bell as 1a/1b - I'd probably put Gurley as the #1 there but in general I think you can make a case for any of the top 4 RB's - Gurley/Bell/DJ/Zeke being #1. I may have been overthinking it but I just don't love Bell's situation this year, at some point the high volume of touches will take its toll and you never really see it coming until it happens (see: DeMarco Murray last year). Then you add in the fact that he knows its his last year in Pittsburgh and probably has more to lose in FA if he ends up with another 400 touch season than he has to gain and there's always the possibility he takes himself out of games for what others might consider minor injuries. 

That's all extremely speculative, and there's good reason to think the Steelers will just run him into the ground this year and he'll produce big since they know it's his last year with them - but that was basically why I stayed away from Bell at 2. Not crazy about Arizona's offensive situation overall but DJ is just electric and is going to be the focal point there, if he can stay healthy there's no reason he can't be a version closer to his 2016 self. 

Archived