12-team PPR

(1 QB) - Matthew Stafford

(2 WR) - Marvin Jones, Chris Hogan

(2 RB) - Ezekiel Elliot, Joe Mixon

(1 TE) - Rob Gronkowski

(1 FLEX) - Will Fuller

(1 K) - Justin Tucker

(1 DEF) - Philadelphia

BENCH - Mark Ingram, Randall Cobb, Keelan Cole, Tyler Eifert, Jared Goff, Corey Clement, John Ross

That's a good team for 12 man.  Your WRs are a bit weak, but Hogan could be a solid WR 1 the first 4 weeks.  One option is when Ingram comes back, trade Jones and Mixon/Ingram for an upgrade at WR.

8 hours ago, 559Raider said:

12 team, non ppr league. QB, 2RB, 2WR, FLEX, TE, K, D.

I'm not too happy with my haul this year. Everybody went deep at the RB position this year which was a complete change from every year prior. Caught me completely off guard and that is why I have a bunch of sleepers on my RB corp. Everyone zigged so I zagged and filled out every other position. What are your thoughts?

QB: Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck
RB: Kareem Hunt, Royce Freeman, Peyton Barber, Jamaal Williams, Samaje Perine
WR: Julio Jones, A.J. Green, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Kenny Stills, Kenny Golladay
TE: Delanie Walker
PK: Robbie Gould
TD: Minnesota Vikings

I like your team.  My biggest concern is at QB.  Maybe you could snag Tyrod off WW, i think he'll be good this year.  And better to play him early, because if Cle starts to struggle, they may pull him for Baker. 

RB could use an upgrade, but between Freeman and Barber, one should put up fringe RB 2 numbers. 

11 minutes ago, derekstanggt said:

That's a good team for 12 man.  Your WRs are a bit weak, but Hogan could be a solid WR 1 the first 4 weeks.  One option is when Ingram comes back, trade Jones and Mixon/Ingram for an upgrade at WR.

Thanks, man. Yeah the WRs aren’t top heavy, but they are deep and there is a lot of optimism to hit on one or two of them. Love Fuller to breakout. 

In round 3 I had a choice of the remaining receivers being Diggs, Hilton, Juju but opted for Gronkowski who was surprisingly still available. No brainer. 

20 minutes ago, derekstanggt said:

I like your team.  My biggest concern is at QB.  Maybe you could snag Tyrod off WW, i think he'll be good this year.  And better to play him early, because if Cle starts to struggle, they may pull him for Baker. 

RB could use an upgrade, but between Freeman and Barber, one should put up fringe RB 2 numbers. 

Is QB really a concern? Stafford is as solid as they come and Luck has ultra potential. Tyrod is a risky play every week it seems but he has a rushing floor

7 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is QB really a concern? Stafford is as solid as they come and Luck has ultra potential. Tyrod is a risky play every week it seems but he has a rushing floor

There's talk of Tate being traded to NE.  Blount is there now, and Patricia has a crush on him, plus they took a 1st round OL mauler.  It looks like they'll be a run first team to me.  I agree with you, Luck has lots of potential, but he's still an unknown after the injury.  I am, admittedly, high on Tyrod this year.  He'll finally have a bevy of weapons and he's got a very good OL.  Plus he runs.  This is all just my opinion, I don't claim to be an expert.   

Looking for some feedback, gents, on both my teams for this year.  I tried not to draft the same players in both leagues, but I couldn't help it a few times, there was too much value to pass on. 

8 team PPR auction draft

Cousins

Gurley, McKinnon, Ingram II, R Freeman, Hyde, J WIlliams

Green, M Thomas, Adams, Evans, Robinson

Burton, Njoku

Vikings

Gostkowski

10 team PPR snake

Cousins

Elliot, McKinnon, L Miller, Ingram II, Michel, A Morris

Adams, Evans, Garcon, Gordon, Gallup, DJ Moore

Burton

Vikings

Elliot

5 hours ago, derekstanggt said:

There's talk of Tate being traded to NE.  Blount is there now, and Patricia has a crush on him, plus they took a 1st round OL mauler.  It looks like they'll be a run first team to me.  I agree with you, Luck has lots of potential, but he's still an unknown after the injury.  I am, admittedly, high on Tyrod this year.  He'll finally have a bevy of weapons and he's got a very good OL.  Plus he runs.  This is all just my opinion, I don't claim to be an expert.   

Shocked they would deal Tate. Don’t understand the love for Blount. Kerryon would do just fine behind a mauler too. Didnt they trade up for Kerryon too? I feel like that might be more telling than the small deal Blount got. My issue with Tyrod is longevity and the fact he has never been an above

12 man PPR + 1 defensive player... yes I went a little "homer-ish" late. Overall though what do you guys think?

1.11 DeAndre Hopkins, HOU
2.2 Melvin Gordon, LAC
3.11 T.Y. Hilton, IND
4.2 Kenyan Drake, MIA
5.11 Golden Tate, DET
6.2 Marquise Goodwin, SF
7.11 Sterling Shepard, NYG
8.2 Rex Burkhead, NE
9.11 Drew Brees, NO
10.2 Kerryon Johnson, DET
11.11 Los Angeles Chargers, LAC
12.2 Trey Burton, CHI
13.11 Philip Rivers, LAC
14.2 Mike Williams, LAC
15.11 George Kittle, SF
16.2 Lavonte David, TB
17.11 Ka'imi Fairbairn, HOU

53 minutes ago, Zappaz said:
12 man PPR + 1 defensive player... yes I went a little "homer-ish" late. Overall though what do you guys think?

2.2 Melvin Gordon, LAC
3.11 T.Y. Hilton, IND
4.2 Kenyan Drake, MIA
5.11 Golden Tate, DET
6.2 Marquise Goodwin, SF
8.2 Rex Burkhead, NE
9.11 Drew Brees, NO
12.2 Trey Burton, CHI
13.11 Philip Rivers, LAC
14.2 Mike Williams, LAC
15.11 George Kittle, SF
16.2 Lavonte David, TB

I like it a lot.

QB - Brees/Rivers will be solid all year long.

RB - After Gordon I'm not crazy about your RB's but I don't mind Drake, I just wonder how much Gore is going to eat in to his workload. However, given that it's PPR and he's the bigger receiving threat I think that will help offset whatever Gore siphons from him. Also, somebody has to make up for all the offense lost in Landry and I don't see any reason why he won't get a chunk of it. I've personally never been big on NE RB's but if your good at guessing which one's gonna go off that week I don't mind Rex at all at 8.2. I don't like Kerryon, Detroit's backfield is a fantasy nightmare.

WR - Easily your best position. Hopkins is a stud, Hilton will be a stud if Luck is healthy (I'm presuming he will be) and Tate/Goodwin/Shepard are A+ depth in case he isn't. 

TE - Good job. I really like Burton heading in to this year. I have him in that Olsen/Walker/Engram tier. Chicago wouldn't have paid him what they did if they didn't want to feature him in some way. If Nagy's time with Kelce is any indication on how Burton will be featured, getting him at 12.2 is a steal imo.

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I like it a lot.

QB - Brees/Rivers will be solid all year long.

RB - After Gordon I'm not crazy about your RB's but I don't mind Drake, I just wonder how much Gore is going to eat in to his workload. However, given that it's PPR and he's the bigger receiving threat I think that will help offset whatever Gore siphons from him. Also, somebody has to make up for all the offense lost in Landry and I don't see any reason why he won't get a chunk of it. I've personally never been big on NE RB's but if your good at guessing which one's gonna go off that week I don't mind Rex at all at 8.2. I don't like Kerryon, Detroit's backfield is a fantasy nightmare.

WR - Easily your best position. Hopkins is a stud, Hilton will be a stud if Luck is healthy (I'm presuming he will be) and Tate/Goodwin/Shepard are A+ depth in case he isn't. 

TE - Good job. I really like Burton heading in to this year. I have him in that Olsen/Walker/Engram tier. Chicago wouldn't have paid him what they did if they didn't want to feature him in some way. If Nagy's time with Kelce is any indication on how Burton will be featured, getting him at 12.2 is a steal imo.

I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. I really wanted to go heavier on RB this year but the board just didn't work well for me on that. 

I didn't think Hopkins would be there at 11, I assumed I would go with 2 of Gordon/Hunt/Cook/McCaffrey, so when he was there it threw me out of my plan immediately. By the time my 3rd pick was there basically all of the good rb1s were long gone. 

Shocked Brees was there at the end of round 9 and pleased I was able to nab the 2 TEs late that I was targeting. At this point I'm hoping a couple of my WRs go off the first couple weeks and I can work a deal to upgrade my rb2. 

Thanks for the input.

12 team ppr draft i just did

QB: Matt Stafford (10) // Ben Roethlisberger (12) 
RB: Saquon Barkley (1) // Jordan Howard (3) // Kenyan Drake (4) // Bilal Powell (11)
WR: Davante Adams (2) // Chris Hogan (5) // Emmanuel Sanders (6) // Cooper Kupp (7) // Jamison Crowder (8) // John Brown (13) // Keelan Cole (14) 
TE: Trey Burton (9)
DST: Lions (16) 
K: Jake Elliott (15)

QB-1
RB-2
WR-2
FLX-1

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

RB: Saquon Barkley (1) // Jordan Howard (3) // Kenyan Drake (4) // Bilal Powell (11)
WR: Davante Adams (2) // Chris Hogan (5) // Emmanuel Sanders (6) // Cooper Kupp (7) // Jamison Crowder (8) // John Brown (13) // Keelan Cole (14) 

QB-1
RB-2
WR-2
FLX-1

Solid draft. I like the top 3 RBs, would be nice to see maybe 1 more RB with some upside late. WRs are good and you have good depth with a couple guys who could breakout. Burton is the popular choice for those waiting to draft a TE. I think you should do well with that team.

11 hours ago, Zappaz said:

2.2 Melvin Gordon, LAC
3.11 T.Y. Hilton, IND
4.2 Kenyan Drake, MIA
5.11 Golden Tate, DET
6.2 Marquise Goodwin, SF
8.2 Rex Burkhead, NE
9.11 Drew Brees, NO
12.2 Trey Burton, CHI
13.11 Philip Rivers, LAC
14.2 Mike Williams, LAC
15.11 George Kittle, SF
16.2 Lavonte David, TB

I don't think you went homerish at all. Yea you drafted Chargers but Rivers/Williams there are great value! Burton and Kerryon are also great value. Love the 1st 2 picks. I'm not big on Hilton because his value is immediately tied to Luck who I don't trust. Not big on Drake either because of the team/OL. Love Tate/Goodwin in a PPR league . Overall I think you did very well

3 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

QB-1
RB-2
WR-2
FLX-1

Good 2-QB duo

Barkley is great, I like Howard in standard leagues but his value in a PPR league is hurt some and like I said to others, I'm not big on Drake

Curious what WRs were available when you took Adams just because he isn't the best PPR WR. Like Hogan and Kupp a lot and you got good value on Burton

Archived