Looking back at Reggie's drafts as the Raiders GM.

RaidersAreOne

How has Reggie done at drafting while our GM?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is Reggie cutting it as our GM with regards to draft picks?

• Yes. I am happy having him handle our drafts.
    • Wouldn't be bothered if he was in charge or not.
    • No. He hasn't done enough with the opportunities.

55 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

I don't think the only two options were expensive "reputable coach" or Dennis Allen. Yes our options were limited. But its not like Allen was our only option. Reggie struck out badly on DA. And my statement applies to Del Rio as well. And more so for hiring coaches who continuously made terrible coordinator selections.

Reggie never should’ve fired  Hue Jackson.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You can't be serious? Hus Jackson is a garbage HC.

When Reggie fired Hue Jackson he was  8-8 with the Raiders and Reggie had no other HC lined up. 

Sounds like a great decision to me.

and  by the way he’s way better than DA

On 8/26/2018 at 3:04 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'll say pump the brakes on this one. He's never even been allowed to play significant snaps at FS. He's a solid player at this stage of his career. Not a bust.

I don't get this. Everyone here beats this "Jospeh as FS drum" but if he looked like he could excel there, wouldn't the coaching staff put him there?

Further, it's pretty well known that in Guenther's system the safeties are interchangeable. So Jospeh is being beaten out by more versatile players with better size. 

Fact is.... there is only 1 Bob Sanders. Joseph is just a liability in coverage at his size. It was a reach draft pick, Keanu Neal was the best safety in the class and the Raiders got cute

7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

You're joking right? Hue Jackson crippled this team with his FA moves and trades AND he threw the players under the bus at the end of the year. 

And that problem was solved when they stripped him of his GM duties.

He was a good coach terrible GM but a good coach.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

And that problem was solved when they stripped him of his GM duties.

He was a good coach terrible GM but a good coach.

His 8-8 season with Oakland was good for 3rd in the division. Didn't make the playoffs. And that was in a poor AFC West at the time. That season was a false positive. Any intelligent fan could see that Jackson completely lost the team and buried them with poor decisions.

He is a terrible coach. 1 win in the last 2 seasons with the Browns. Watch 1 episode of Hardknocks and you'll see he has no idea what he's doing and will soon be jettisoned for Todd Haley. They have literally no respect for the guy.

He is 9-39 as a HC. Find me any coach that is considered "a good coach" with a .188 winning record. Only reason he has a job now is becuase he knows how to brown (no pun intended) nose ownership. Dorsey would have sent him packing day 1 if Haslam would have let him.

Amazing to me some Raider homers can't let this argument go still after a .188 record as a HC. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

His 8-8 season with Oakland was good for 3rd in the division. Didn't make the playoffs. And that was in a poor AFC West at the time. That season was a false positive. Any intelligent fan could see that Jackson completely lost the team and buried them with poor decisions.

He is a terrible coach. 1 win in the last 2 seasons with the Browns. Watch 1 episode of Hardknocks and you'll see he has no idea what he's doing and will soon be jettisoned for Todd Haley. They have literally no respect for the guy.

He is 9-39 as a HC. Find me any coach that is considered "a good coach" with a .188 winning record. Only reason he has a job now is becuase he knows how to brown (no pun intended) nose ownership. Dorsey would have sent him packing day 1 if Haslam would have let him.

Amazing to me some Raider homers can't let this argument go still after a .188 record as a HC. 

At that point in time with the Raiders he was a good coach and Reggie had no adequate replacement .

57 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

At that point in time with the Raiders he was a good coach and Reggie had no adequate replacement .

So Cable was a good coach by that definition? Hue went 1-4 down the stretch and missed the playoffs, finished 3rd in a bad division. Think about it. We're talking pre Andy Reid. Broncos were working with Tebow at QB. Chargers were a mess. 

He would have been rocked the next season with no draft capital (because he pissed it away) and bad team in an improving division.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

So Cable was a good coach by that definition? Hue went 1-4 down the stretch and missed the playoffs, finished 3rd in a bad division. Think about it. We're talking pre Andy Reid. Broncos were working with Tebow at QB. Chargers were a mess. 

He would have been rocked the next season with no draft capital (because he pissed it away) and bad team in an improving division.

I think you’re getting off point,  I’m saying firing Hue Jackson for Dennis Allen was a bonehead move.

I like Hue, but I don't think during Reggie's time we've ever had a coaching staff that's been veteran or good enough to develop our players to their best.  Nor a staff that could scheme well enough to bring out their best. Either way, the success percentages of our picks have been lower than average, but I think this years class could change that, he could have another stellar draft this year thanks to gruden and this coaching staff.

Archived