Let's talk kickers again

theJ

The question this time isn't if they've made the right decision declaring no competition.  My question is, does anyone actually think Jon Brown will be picked up by another team?

My prediction:

I think he'll still be out there all season unless Bullock is hurt.  In which case he's probably the first call.  Then he'll be back again next year to kick during the offseason and preseason.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

The question this time isn't if they've made the right decision declaring no competition.  My question is, does anyone actually think Jon Brown will be picked up by another team?

My prediction:

I think he'll still be out there all season unless Bullock is hurt.  In which case he's probably the first call.  Then he'll be back again next year to kick during the offseason and preseason.

Probably spot on, assuming by "there" you mean the practice squad.  The dude has yet to make a kick in any game that counted.  No other team will claim him.  I don't know how the rules work, but if he could practice on his own in the stadium, I could see him continuing to grow and three Bengals keep him next year, or even later this year if either Bullock gets hurt or the team tanks.

The question seems to come down to are you willing to sign a guy that might not be consistent from 35-45 yards but gives you a chance to drill a 50+ yard FG?  I think few coaches are willing to make that trade off.  Doug Penderson is one of them, and I saw Jake Elliot miss a 30 something yard FG yesterday...

Archived