Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Given how bad preseason is, you have to wonder if the NFL & NFLPA might agree to cut the preseason by 1 week and then go to a 18-week, 16-game schedule.   Basically have 2 byes instead of 1.

The reason why I bring that up is if 32 teams have 2 byes, you can create a schedule where the people playing on ThuNF could be coming off a bye.   So they'd have 10 days off instead of 3.  

For the NFL, better play, probably safer for players.   Adds an extra week of NFL regular season games.

For the NFLPA, cutting 1 week of preseason would keep the total time away from families the same.   2 bye weeks better for player safety.   Not playing Sun-Thurs also better for safety.   More TV revenue without having to play more games - more $ to spend.

Of course, it's too much of a win-win for everyone to have a realistic shot of happening.  Oh well.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Given how bad preseason is, you have to wonder if the NFL & NFLPA might agree to cut the preseason by 1 week and then go to a 18-week, 16-game schedule.   Basically have 2 byes instead of 1.

The reason why I bring that up is if 32 teams have 2 byes, you can create a schedule where the people playing on ThuNF could be coming off a bye.   So they'd have 10 days off instead of 3.  

For the NFL, better play, probably safer for players.   Adds an extra week of NFL regular season games.

For the NFLPA, cutting 1 week of preseason would keep the total time away from families the same.   2 bye weeks better for player safety.   Not playing Sun-Thurs also better for safety.   More TV revenue without having to play more games - more $ to spend.

Of course, it's too much of a win-win for everyone to have a realistic shot of happening.  Oh well.

I'd be all for that. That way it can cut that non-sense of 4 game preseason and probably level the playing field for bye weeks. Sucks for those teams that have a week 5 bye and have to rough it all season.

On 9/15/2017 at 2:09 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

I won't go out of my way to watch it, but I was at my bar last night and when 6:00 rolled around I asked them to put the game on. I mean, it's still football. 

See for me I have trouble even finding the entertainment in those games.  I also sit almost any fantasy player I have that's involved in the TNF game though.

I know we lost Bolles this weekend, and that's a big injury, to go with Ray's loss in the preseason, but since the preseason started, these are some of the guys to go down and miss games, and likely to miss more games:

QB - Sam Bradford MIN (that MIN team totally different without him)

RB - David Johnson ARI (season), Jordan Howard CHI, Danny Woodhead BAL (IR)

WR - Julian Edelman NE (season), Allen Robinson (IR), Cameron Meredith CHI (IR), Kevin White CHI (IR), Jordy Nelson & Randall Cobb GB last night, Corey Coleman (IR)

TE - Greg Olsen CAR (IR), plus now CIN's Tyler Eifert looks to miss time

DL - Vic Beasley ATL

OL -  T Ricky Wagner DET, LT Terron Armstead NO PUP, C Mitch Morse KC (will miss time), C Ryan Kelly IND (Pro Bowl C too), G Marshall Yanda IR (Pro Bowl), T DJ Humphries ARI & G Mike Iupati ARI, both GB T's Bakhtiari & Bulaga last night.

LB - D'onta Hightower NE, Denzel Perryman LAC (IR), Reuben Foster SF

DB - Eric Berry KC (IR),  Ronald Darby PHI (IR), Jason Verrett LAC, Orlando Scandrick DAL.

If we are lucky enough that Bolles only has a HAS, and we get Ray back at Week 9, we're pretty fortunate in comparison to the devastating injuries other teams have faced.

Edited by Broncofan

The football fans raging against Brandon Marshall of the Giants aren't too bright - taking their heat on BMarsh54.  

His replies are classic.  But some of the fan posts are not Forum-friendly, so just follow him. :D

NYG WR Brandon Marshall had a bad game tonight
DEN LB Brandon Marshall is taking on the misguided haters

2 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Its been slow in here lately, coinciding with very slow days at work for me

listen to on the rocks !!!!

i been swamped at work this week. unfortunately have a soccer game at two this weekend so i might only catch the first half of the game :(

4 minutes ago, champ11 said:

listen to on the rocks !!!!

i been swamped at work this week. unfortunately have a soccer game at two this weekend so i might only catch the first half of the game :(

Oh i will for sure man, I haven't ever done much podcasts but I've had a lot of people tell me to and definitely wanna support people from here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

Oh i will for sure man, I haven't ever done much podcasts but I've had a lot of people tell me to and definitely wanna support people from here

getting some good feedback on this one!! we're trying to figure out the best way to integrate guests so i'll be sure to let y'all know