Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

I also like how Romo talks about what the QB is looking at and he's called an awful lot of plays before they happen in the games I've watched.  It's nice having someone in the booth going into detail about what's going on on the field and what these players are thinking.

Brandon Stokley on The Fan said the other day that he doesn't like Romo as a broadcaster and wishes CBS would bring back Phil Simms.

Given that The Fan is a joke outside of Sandy Clough's two hours in the morning and is affiliated with ESPN, this was probably a ploy to take a "hot take" which the leadership hoped would go crazy on social media and generate clicks, re-tweets, page-views, angry calls, etc., as the that's what a lot of "media" this days are about, not the practice of journalism.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Brandon Stokley on The Fan said the other day that he doesn't like Romo as a broadcaster and wishes CBS would bring back Phil Simms.

Given that The Fan is a joke outside of Sandy Clough's two hours in the morning and is affiliated with ESPN, this was probably a ploy to take a "hot take" which the leadership hoped would go crazy on social media and generate clicks, re-tweets, page-views, angry calls, etc., as the that's what a lot of "media" this days are about, not the practice of journalism.  

Nick Hardwick on 1360AM in San Diego  has also said the same thing about Romo and wanting Simms back in there.

I like Romo, I just don't like it when he sort of spoils the play. Like give me that maybe during the play and especially after the play, just not before the play.

3 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

Nick Hardwick on 1360AM in San Diego  has also said the same thing about Romo and wanting Simms back in there.

I like Romo, I just don't like it when he sort of spoils the play. Like give me that maybe during the play and especially after the play, just not before the play.

I don’t mind it - you get to really see how a player’s perspective and intelligence affects games.  His ability to predict the plays and then break it down in detail and break down the player strengths / weaknesses is just at a completely different level than anyone else around.   Just has to stop the high pitched screams of “HE’S OPEN” a little lol.   

Edited by Broncofan

Okay, so I'm not an expert on these matters, but did I hear correctly that the US national soccer team is not going to go to the World Cup? Isn't that kind of a big deal? Not that many (me included) care about soccer but the US not going has to be a pretty huge blow to US soccer, no?

At least the girls are good. 

It seems like every World Cup we hear that this will be the one that inspires the country to fall in love with soccer, the talented youth will join soccer programs and forget about all other sports...welp looks like that wasn't the case. Other countries have the majority of their children playing soccer, we have basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer and the talent pool just gets diluted. I won't lose any sleep over the USA sucking in soccer, it does however rob of us 1 or 2 great day drinking days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Okay, so I'm not an expert on these matters, but did I hear correctly that the US national soccer team is not going to go to the World Cup? Isn't that kind of a big deal? Not that many (me included) care about soccer but the US not going has to be a pretty huge blow to US soccer, no?

At least the girls are good. 

yeah, it's bad. i mean the youth program is bad for a number of reasons so maybe it ends up being a blessing. it's unfortunate bc we finally have our first young star to care about since Lando/Dempsey.