Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

13 hours ago, AKRNA said:

So, I've been having lots of fun this year watching Bolles and also following his PFF ratings. They've been climbing weekly and have now hit the almost absurd # of 91.1. PFF has him as the highest rated OT in the NFL and almost 13 points higher than his draft counterpart Ryan Ramczyk.

After getting crucified for the last three years for my support of him I'm really pleased with a bit of vindication. Feels pretty good doesn't it @broncosfan_101.

I said from the beginning when he was drafted that he would have zero problems physically but that my only worry with him was the mental side of the game. Back in his Ute days it was obvious that his only weakness was penalties and being over aggressive (not a bad thing for an offensive lineman). I'm so happy to see him doing so well, one of the lone bright spots this year. 

14 hours ago, AKRNA said:

So, I've been having lots of fun this year watching Bolles and also following his PFF ratings. They've been climbing weekly and have now hit the almost absurd # of 91.1. PFF has him as the highest rated OT in the NFL and almost 13 points higher than his draft counterpart Ryan Ramczyk.

After getting crucified for the last three years for my support of him I'm really pleased with a bit of vindication. Feels pretty good doesn't it @broncosfan_101.

Yeah bud hats off to you for sure. 

I don’t think many around here ever discounted the raw talent he brings but the problem is, and was at Utah, that he too easily loses his head. And that’s hard to Coach out of a player, especially one his age (25 IIRC as a rookie). 

I don’t think anyone here, the fly-by fans sure, but not anyone here, ever denied his talent or potential. It’s not like he was a revolving door type OT. 

You can coach technique, you can teach refinement of the finer points, you can put players in positions to succeed and to hide their flaws. Coaching a mid-20 year old to keep his composure is more difficult. What they’ve done with Bolles, and what Bolles himself has done, has been remarkable. 

• Like 1

I sometimes don’t understand these coaches.  The only thing that has been consistently successful for the buccaneers tonight is running the ball.  They happen to have 2 very solid backs to do so and they’ve still thrown the ball 35x to 15 rushes.  They’re averaging 5.5 a pass to 4.5 a rush......Arians over coaching at this point down 2 to a bad Giants team.

Lol that’s pass interference.  The NFL is starting to get like the NBA.  Winfield even without replay got there too quick. Wasn’t playing the ball.  Didn’t allow the receiver even an attempt at the ball.

Judge had every right to be pissed.  The refs decided that game and it seemed pretty blatant.

Edited by germ-x

13 hours ago, germ-x said:

Lol that’s pass interference.  The NFL is starting to get like the NBA.  Winfield even without replay got there too quick. Wasn’t playing the ball.  Didn’t allow the receiver even an attempt at the ball.

Judge had every right to be pissed.  The refs decided that game and it seemed pretty blatant.

In the Brady thread (in NFL General), I said that Brady won another game like he always did: With ref assistance. The Patriot fans got mad. One of them told me to go outside. It's getting ridiculous. They are comparing Brady to MJ in overall greatness.

12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Dalvin Cook is making $4,615,154 million.

Melvin gordon 27 total yards today that is abysmal he's making almost double of what Cook is lol .Cooks today 253 yards of offense two tds . That just shows to compare how mismanaged this teams money is .

Slightly misleading, given that Cook's new contract averages $12.5m a year, but your point still stands - Cook is a difference maker whereas Gordon is literally a, at very best, average NFL RB that is earning top 10 RB money and he is tied in for next year as well in all likelihood (we save $2.5m if we cut him next year, but leaves $6.5m in dead cap behind).

What's crazy about our Front Office is that the two moves they got most slammed for this calendar year by fans are probably the Gordon signing and Bausby being cut. Both decisions have been bad, which is rather worrying from our FO point of view.

• Like 1