Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

54 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

*rolling up to the drive-thru window of the impending Saints fire sale*

”yeah hi I’d like one David Onyemata, please?”

On the flip side feel bad for the fans - not the FO they knew this day was coming.    They signed up for this.   Payton leaving just when the butcher’s bill is due is pretty iffy.  

• Like 1

And yeah, with Onyemata about to be 30 and 7.5M/1 year (so not tied to a long-term contract at the wrong age), probably wouldn't even cost a Day 2 pick, likely something like a 5th/6th conditional type deal.   If you're getting A-Rod/Wilson, that's not a crazy play at all (but no way you pay a premium, NO is the org in a barrel).

Better yet, get Marcus Davenport at 9M/1 year left for a conditional 4th/5th and address pass rush in a BIG way.  If he plays great, then you get an extension in-season (or tag him after the season).    If he doesn't, you won't miss that type of pick risk.

There's a TON of opportunity for teams to pick the Saints roster clean.   They're going to be in sell mode.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

. And to the people hanging on the salary cap stuff, hoping their team gets worse - he has had some awful Defenses in his tenure, and it didn't matter. 

It's going to be a long, painful road whilst he is playing.

I don't think anyones "hanging" on that. I'm just really interested. The debate had been going on for most of this century. Maybe he'll be the first to break the mold. 

I don't think there's much doubt he'll be in the playoffs a lot in his career, he's an incredible talent. The question is, can he get another ring. So far, that answer has been no.

6 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

At this point I'd like just one win against KC,   The Force Awakes wasn't even out the last time we did that 

Get us a QB that can play at a top 10 level, and a HC that won't make game management decisions like punting on 4th and 3 inside KC territory every time, or go for the FG down 7 with less than 5 minutes left in the game, and we'll get there.   

Edited by Broncofan

17 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The more pertinent question from the Broncos’ perspective is will KC continue to dominate the West.

Well, they're going to have to work on the OL again next year. Only two starters are under contract, Thuney and Humphrey. 

Their vastly improved OL this year disappears. 

Just now, AKRNA said:

Well, they're going to have to work on the OL again next year. Only two starters are under contract, Thuney and Humphrey. 

Their vastly improved OL this year disappears. 

RG Trey Smith too. Their interior is set and the tackle play this year wasn’t great anyway, Brown was overpriced for being a poor scheme fit in that offense.

I ate a vegan cupcake. Then I farted, which I thought smelled like a twinkie. But then maybe it didn't because of my significant other was sitting on the couch choking and trying to gasp for air with watery eyes.  So what the heck was I smelling?  I don't get it. I mean, I will own a smelly fart, especially one that potent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

RG Trey Smith too. Their interior is set and the tackle play this year wasn’t great anyway, Brown was overpriced for being a poor scheme fit in that offense.

So, Brown only made $3.4 mill, made another pro bowl, only gave up 4 sacks and is a legit top 10 LT. He'll hit UFA this year and is gone. 

They have OL issues, no depth and no money. Outside of that they're in great shape.

31 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So, Brown only made $3.4 mill, made another pro bowl, only gave up 4 sacks and is a legit top 10 LT. He'll hit UFA this year and is gone. 

They have OL issues, no depth and no money. Outside of that they're in great shape.

QBs can make up for so much if that and do it in different ways.  People forget Denver won a SB with a starting OL from left to right, Ryan Harris, Evan Mathis (who was essentially crippled and taking plays off because of it) Matt Paradis, Louis Vasquez, and Michael Schoefield.

I would obviously always prefer to have a good OL but a QB can mask it with their brains or their athleticism.

Edited by germ-x

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Don’t care about Pro Bowl popularity contests. They’ll be happy to not overpay a mauler of a right tackle who was never a great fit in their pass heavy offense as a LT. They’ll be fine. Their OL was in much worse shape last year and they went to a Super Bowl. The Bills were putting pressure on Mahomes all night and he continued to be the magician he is. It’s hard to undervalue an all time great QB, but that’s what you’re doing. They’ll be in the mix for the next decade simply because of that. It really is that simple.

Edited by BroncoBruin

And as far as no depth/money goes, it sure helps when you’re capable of crushing drafts even without a first round pick. They added three absolute studs last year and they’ll be on rookie deals for another three years. And you can always move money around to address needs year to year, they will have no issue convincing guys to come play with Mahomes at reasonable prices. That’s the power of having an all time great QB. So yeah the Chiefs aren’t going anywhere any time soon.

Edited by BroncoBruin