Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

11 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

After years of hard work today it finally happened - I broke 80 in an 18 hole round!!

Teed off at 8:10 this morning at Pelican Lakes in Windsor, not easy course mind you, and went 38-39 to card a 77. Previous best was 80 (three times). 

Awesome!

This year is my first playing mens competitions with a full membership.  Currently off +15. Shot +4 on the back 9 a couple of weeks ago which is easily my best in a comp.

Best sport in the world

• Like 1

13 hours ago, champ11 said:

Good looks dude, I do not have one on deck so if we get this accepted I will call them 

Also, once you get an offer accepted and shop around for mortgage rates, Donavin Harkin at Lendlo Mortgage was fantastic and got me a drastically lower rate than anyone else I called. Great service during the processing of it as well. Only downside depending on what you’re looking for is the loan was sold immediately after closing. That’s pretty consistent with most lenders besides rocket mortgage and maybe a few other rare ones. 

Excited for you though! Hope it all works out!

7 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Also, once you get an offer accepted and shop around for mortgage rates, Donavin Harkin at Lendlo Mortgage was fantastic and got me a drastically lower rate than anyone else I called. Great service during the processing of it as well. Only downside depending on what you’re looking for is the loan was sold immediately after closing. That’s pretty consistent with most lenders besides rocket mortgage and maybe a few other rare ones. 

Excited for you though! Hope it all works out!

Sometimes the local credit unions keep their loans in house...if you have a good one. Washington Federal is another one to look into...

• Like 1

Wow, the Mammoth win the NLL Championship, the Avs are up 2-0, and the Broncos will win the Super Bowl this year.  Denver is rolling.  The Nuggets just need to pit another superstar next to Jokic and they could get into the Finals...haha..nevermind it's the Nuggets. 

so I get an email from the NFL.com (the crap Canadian version) saying I'll get free shipping on any purchase (no minimum).  So I want a muscle t and a hat and when I hit the checkout it says the free shipping doesn't apply for some fn reason.  So i say f it and when I try to cancel my email subscription with them it wont let me.  Lmao - the Canadian version is such bull with virtually none of the good stuff on it and the US version won't ship here.  I'm smiling though as my $60 order will soon be available at the local walmart and for what $40ish.............. :)

On 6/12/2022 at 3:09 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

After years of hard work today it finally happened - I broke 80 in an 18 hole round!!

Teed off at 8:10 this morning at Pelican Lakes in Windsor, not easy course mind you, and went 38-39 to card a 77. Previous best was 80 (three times). 

On 6/13/2022 at 2:31 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

Awesome!

This year is my first playing mens competitions with a full membership.  Currently off +15. Shot +4 on the back 9 a couple of weeks ago which is easily my best in a comp.

Best sport in the world

Most frustrating and rewarding adult individual sport around.   Just shot my career lowest 6 over today after going 90’s earlier this week (I’m at a 12 index nowadays).   No birdies either.     Outside of wedding / kids / winning championship it’s such a great feeling to hit those milestones.   Congrats!  

• Like 2

Mad respect for the Avalanche.   Truly earned the title.   McKinnon was massive tonight.   Makar probably deserves the Conn Smythe more but hard to argue against 29.   So much has to go right to get a title good for the team and GM Sakic.   Flags fly forever.  

• Like 5

On 6/27/2022 at 5:33 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

There are a lot of parallels between Elway and Sakic. I hope that Sakic's post-championship portion of his GM tenure goes a little better. 

The big diff with the Avs is their core is in their prime.   Makar is 23.  McKinnon is 26.   Key players like Byram (21), and guys like Nichuskin, Rantanen, Lehkonen & Compher are all 27 or younger.   Only Landeskog will be 30 next year.   And they’ve got young guys like Newhook & Girard ready to take bigger roles if they lose FA’s (Kadri / Nichuskin being the big 2 with Kemper).

Even if they don’t win another title this era will go down as a success.  But their window to legitimately contend should still be open for 2-3 more years.   Pretty heady days to be an Avs fan and DEN hockey fan in general.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I know every recovery is different. But K.J. Hamler’s out there runnin his *** off 9 months removed from ACL surgery. Meanwhile, Jamal Murray is going on 18 months, and they’re still talking like he’s gonna start the season on a 20 minute restriction. That’s troubling. Makes me wonder just how bad he blew that knee up, and if he’s ever gonna be the same player again. 

44 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

I know every recovery is different. But K.J. Hamler’s out there runnin his *** off 9 months removed from ACL surgery. Meanwhile, Jamal Murray is going on 18 months, and they’re still talking like he’s gonna start the season on a 20 minute restriction. That’s troubling. Makes me wonder just how bad he blew that knee up, and if he’s ever gonna be the same player again. 

To be fair, the change in direction and explosion in hoops is even more important than with football.   Running sprints and 1-cuts are probably the easiest part of recovery - and why a lot of players return so quickly there.   In hoops, the jumping, stop/start and cutting / cod required is a lot more stressful on the ACL.  It's also why players who don't have it completely don't look/feel the same.  Sounds like that's happening with Murray.

While players often return to play at the 9-10 month mark in football, they aren't the same until said 18 month mark re: explosion-agility-cod wise.   It's one reason I fade a lot of year 1 ACL returnees in fantasy, for example (and I believe I mentioned this with tempered expectations on Sutton's 2021 season - and I'd say the same with Hamler's 2022).

And that mental hurdle is a big obstacle.   Murray's only 25, and by all accounts, the ACL tear was uncomplicated - but in hoops, coming back from ACL is a different animal than football, baseball or hockey.    It's cause for concern, but the real test comes next season.    Given that it's a 82-game season, I do understand the timeline.  Frustrating and anxiety-provoking for fans, but not yet the time to see full flags.

Edited by Broncofan

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, the change in direction and explosion in hoops is even more important than with football.   Running sprints and 1-cuts are probably the easiest part of recovery - and why a lot of players return so quickly there.   In hoops, the jumping, stop/start and cutting / cod required is a lot more stressful on the ACL.  It's also why players who don't have it completely don't look/feel the same.  Sounds like that's happening with Murray.

While players often return to play at the 9-10 month mark in football, they aren't the same until said 18 month mark re: explosion-agility-cod wise.   It's one reason I fade a lot of year 1 ACL returnees in fantasy, for example (and I believe I mentioned this with tempered expectations on Sutton's 2021 season - and I'd say the same with Hamler's 2022).

And that mental hurdle is a big obstacle.   Murray's only 25, and by all accounts, the ACL tear was uncomplicated - but in hoops, coming back from ACL is a different animal than football, baseball or hockey.    It's cause for concern, but the real test comes next season.    Given that it's a 82-game season, I do understand the timeline.  Frustrating and anxiety-provoking for fans, but not yet the time to see full flags.

Good info! Let’s hope he makes a full recovery; I would hate to see the Nuggets waste their window. Good news is that their average age is still about 26 so there’s some time.