Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

22 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

McDaniels is gonna McDaniels. 

I realize it was probably TB12 to Vegas as the initial plan, but if Richardson doesn't end up as a Raider, having a 24 year old rookie Levis and JimmyG as McD's plan, over Carr, is the most McDaniels result I can think of (and I'm not a big Carr fan, either).  

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I realize it was probably TB12 to Vegas as the initial plan, but if Richardson doesn't end up as a Raider, having a 24 year old rookie Levis and JimmyG as McD's plan, over Carr, is the most McDaniels result I can think of (and I'm not a big Carr fan, either).  

Oh I can’t see Mac drafting Levis. He will go for Bryce Young the whole way. Mac has always chosen familiarity (Alabama) and experience over physical skills. Think he wasn’t all over the choice to take McCorkle? The Raiders taking Levis would be a 180.  

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Oh I can’t see Mac drafting Levis. He will go for Bryce Young the whole way. Mac has always chosen familiarity (Alabama) and experience over physical skills. Think he wasn’t all over the choice to take McCorkle? The Raiders taking Levis would be a 180.  

By all accounts Stroud & Young are going 1-2 with CAR-HOU.    The real Q is which QB goes next, and after his combine performance, his physical ceiling (Cam Newton obv comps massive ceiling with insanely low floor), and his age, Richardson seems like the fit.

Only way Raiders can guarantee one of the top 3 QB's is to trade up past IND, if the reports are accurate.   That's why Levis at 1.7 is the speculation.    I'm sure McD would take Stroud or Young, but it seems incredibly likely both are gone by 1 & 2 (Vegas books have this with huge - odds now).

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

By all accounts Stroud & Young are going 1-2 with CAR-HOU.    The real Q is which QB goes next, and after his combine performance, his physical ceiling (Cam Newton obv comps massive ceiling with insanely low floor), and his age, Richardson seems like the fit.

Only way Raiders can guarantee one of the top 3 QB's is to trade up past IND, if the reports are accurate.   That's why Levis at 1.7 is the speculation.    I'm sure McD would take Stroud or Young, but it seems incredibly likely both are gone by 1 & 2 (Vegas books have this with huge - odds now).

Caserio and Mac are friends. If Carolina goes for Stroud (LOL!!!!!!) then Houston could trade the Raiders for Mac to get “his guy.” The Raiders have a dozen picks and, bad as Cal and Caserio are, they’re not as desperate as the McDavises. Houston will take the pick bounty and sell their fans in the long game.

Mac needs to draft a rookie QB highly to sell his vision to Davis. The fans are already ready to burn down the stadium from what my family out there say.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Caserio and Mac are friends. If Carolina goes for Stroud (LOL!!!!!!) then Houston could trade the Raiders for Mac to get “his guy.” The Raiders have a dozen picks and, bad as Cal and Caserio are, they’re not as desperate as the McDavises. Houston will take the pick bounty and sell their fans in the long game.

Mac needs to draft a rookie QB highly to sell his vision to Davis. The fans are already ready to burn down the stadium from what my family out there say.

To be fair to McD though - TB12 was the original plan, confirmed by multiple sources.  Now they're in full scramble mode.   

There are a LOT of things McD has done as a HC to earn distrust / disdain, but thinking TB12 was coming, I get that thinking.  Obv I'm not that sympathetic that it didn't go down as expected, I consider it karma for McD past sins in DEN and then his botched IND hire lol.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

McDaniels is making fans mad? The heck you say. I am so shocked. 

Edited by 7DnBrnc53
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...