Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

I don't want to be perceived as calling anyone out, but shouldn't we have one? Isn't creating and sticky-ing said thread the purview of the forum's moderator?

Now that the old forum is closed and we've all migrated over to this (much better!) forum here, maybe creating one would be a good idea....?

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

39 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

maybe creating one would be a good idea....?

Look like you just did.  No need for elliot to do all the work.   Trust me he doesn't get paid enough.  :D

Also, no need for a sticky (called pins on this forum).  I'm telling mods to go easy on the pinned topics.  They just clog up the forum and get ignored.  Plus it makes the forum look stale if there aren't a lot of posts in them.  @elliot878 you can even drop the rules pin too.  Consider a welcome topic pinned instead.  It can contain a link to the rules, links to this random topic, intro topic and whatever information you think your community needs.   Keep it updated and fun.   Here's a Welcome topic @iPwn did in the Jags forum.   

On that note, the other thing the Jags forum is doing a great job of is getting active.  Starting new topics, using the new features like 'follow' and 'likes' and really having a lot of fun.  The activity is picking up in here too, but make sure you guys are creating new topics and using the new features.   Don't lump everything into one topic.  If a rookie is standing out in training camp, start a new topic.   Don't just bury the lead in page 25 of the 'Training Camp topic'.  

• Like 2

After another failed drug test for what they're saying is steroids, Jon Jones should be banned from the UFC entirely.  Sadly, he's probably the most talented fighter in the history of the UFC and doesn't need PEDs to accomplish what he has.  But, he clearly doesn't get it and can't follow the rules.  Being in the education system this is part of the problem with society.  Excuses and 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th chances for everything.  There just isn't any real consequences anymore.

I've also been reading comments on the Kyrie Irving trade and most think it was a terrible move by the Cavs.  I'm on the opposite side of that.  Not that it was a huge win, but I thought it was a pretty solid deal for Cleveland.

They'd be dumb to sign Thomas to the contract he is looking for, but he isn't much of a drop off from Irving.  Crowder is a prototypical 3 and D player which is a major upgrade for Cleveland and they acquired a likely top 3 pick in the process.

Cleveland is better this year with that trade giving Lebron another shot at not only winning the East but winning another Championship.  Lebron is gone next year, we all know that, but Cleveland also picked up a likely top 3 pick in a loaded class to help with the rebuild.

I love Ainge and Stevens and it was a good trade for them as well, but Cleveland was screwed before this trade and was able to at least give themselves a better chance than I thought they'd get.

57 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I've also been reading comments on the Kyrie Irving trade and most think it was a terrible move by the Cavs.  I'm on the opposite side of that.  Not that it was a huge win, but I thought it was a pretty solid deal for Cleveland.

They'd be dumb to sign Thomas to the contract he is looking for, but he isn't much of a drop off from Irving.  Crowder is a prototypical 3 and D player which is a major upgrade for Cleveland and they acquired a likely top 3 pick in the process.

Cleveland is better this year with that trade giving Lebron another shot at not only winning the East but winning another Championship.  Lebron is gone next year, we all know that, but Cleveland also picked up a likely top 3 pick in a loaded class to help with the rebuild.

I love Ainge and Stevens and it was a good trade for them as well, but Cleveland was screwed before this trade and was able to at least give themselves a better chance than I thought they'd get.

Where have you seen it as terrible? The bball forum loves this..

champ alluded to this in that thread. PG aren't getting paid top doller compared to the other positions. I think cavs can get him less than max. Right or not but he can be had for that.

cleveland got bailed out. I see no point for Boston doing this. My opinion doe.

5 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Where have you seen it as terrible? The bball forum loves this..

champ alluded to this in that thread. PG aren't getting paid top doller compared to the other positions. I think cavs can get him less than max. Right or not but he can be had for that.

cleveland got bailed out. I see no point for Boston doing this. My opinion doe.

No I agree with you.  I read it on the ESPN comments when I was reading he was traded.

12 hours ago, germ-x said:

No I agree with you.  I read it on the ESPN comments when I was reading he was traded.

Casual fans overrate Kyrie, when in reality IT was just as good if not better than him last season.

I think it makes sense for both sides, but Cleveland getting this deal is a huge win. Definitely the best they could have done. It's kind of a head scratcher for Boston to finally give up a BKN pick when they wouldn't do it for Jimmy Butler, but I understand getting Kyrie. They just have so many damn assets due to that damn Russian billionaire 

I know he will get in eventually but first Jerry Jones now Bobby Betheard over Pat Bowlen for HoF consideration?  Man.   Beathard impact not even close to Bowlen and he was plain awful in his last 5-6 years in SD.  

Troy Renck (@TroyRenck)
#Broncos Bowlen snubbed again for Hall of Fame as Bobby Beathard gets lone finalist spot. My story. @DenverChannel bit.ly/2wNFXwD
Edited by Broncofan

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I know he will get in eventually but first Jerry Jones now Bobby Betheard over Pat Bowlen for HoF consideration?  Man.   Beathard impact not even close to Bowlen and he was plain awful in his last 5-6 years in SD.  

Troy Renck (@TroyRenck)
#Broncos Bowlen snubbed again for Hall of Fame as Bobby Beathard gets lone finalist spot. My story. @DenverChannel bit.ly/2wNFXwD

Yeah this is just sad and not right. You would also think his current medical condition would sway the veterans committee.