Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Lamar Jackson is a cross between Randall Cunningham and Mike Vick. 

It's like you take the best traits of both guys and form Lamar action Jackson. His suddenness in the pocket to avoid a big hit is unreplicable barring inj hes going to be great.

Him and Patrick Mahomes wowww. NFC catch up!!

I know Wentz, Goff, Dak Daniel Jones but they're not Mahomes or Lamar.

27 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Got a gut feeling Falcons hire Greg Roman as HC and get Hurts or Herbert in the draft they're about to clean house that seems like a solid plan.

Matt Ryan isn't playing forever. 

That feeling in your gut is more likely gas.   Ryan carries a whopping 63M cap hit if they cut him and a trade still counts 34M+ of pure dead money for 2020.   

There’s likely no exit until sometime post-June 1 trade in the 2020-2021 offseason.  It’s that ugly. ATL is far more likely to rebuild for 2021 at the earliest than 2020.

Edited by Broncofan

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There’s likely no exit until sometime post-June 1 trade in the 2020-2021 offseason.  It’s that ugly. ATL is far more likely to rebuild for 2021 at the earliest than 2020.

So what's Atlanta going to offer to a new head coach? I mean Matt Ryan is nice but he's closer to past his prime ala Flacco then people think.

They go QB at some point or is Benkert the Answer?

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

@champ11 you think Lamar has an outside chance for MVP or is that McCaffrey, Watson, and Rus Wilson's to lose.

I think right now he's the front-runner. If he keeps producing at this level, stays healthy and Baltimore gets one of the top two seeds, he will be hard to beat. 

Taking into account individual contributions, role on the team, team's spot in the standings, I would put my MVP big board as follows. 

1. Lamar Jackson
  2. Russell Wilson
  3. Aaron Rodgers
  4. Christian McCaffery
  5. DeShaun Watson

I'll admit I was wrong about Jackson, I said he would be a bust and that pure athletes never make it as QBs. That said, I still don't believe his style of play is sustainable long-term, but he will certainly give us a very exciting three or four seasons. A key ingredient to his success that has gone overlooked is how Harbaugh was willing to completely rework the offense to fit his skill set and how quickly he has been successful at installing it. 

• Like 1