Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

It’s Dynasty and it’s PPR.  I’ve been leaning jones the entire time, so I’m probably going him.  For me it’s down to Carson or Shepard for that 10th spot.  Golden Tate is possibly out and Shepard has caught 5 balls in every game he’s played in though he hasn’t done much with it in terms of yardage.

My only concern with Shepard is coming off concussion 2x and having setbacks B4.  But yes off the group you have knowing it’s PPR then you go with group.  

Being dynasty you can’t really waive any of those guys for Gage lol.  Redraft Diff story. Good luck! 

Edited by Broncofan

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

My only concern with Shepard is coming off concussion 2x and having setbacks B4.  But yes off the group you have knowing it’s PPR then you go with group.  

Being dynasty you can’t really waive any of those guys for Gage lol.  Redraft Diff story. Good luck! 

Thanks for the help.  It may not matter at this point.  He had Singletary and Montgomery who got him 36. Has Michael Thomas tonight vs the Falcons.  

His remaining 7 are:  Wilson, Mayfield, McCaffrey, Chubb, Diggs, Fuller, and Ertz. 

Was always going to be a long shot...was banking on Montgomery and Singletary laying eggs not dropping 36 combined haha.

Now gotta root for others to lose, but both are playing 2 of the 3 worst teams in the league....you never know.

Edited by germ-x

Sean Peyton our there holding his play sheet like an alcoholic who hasn’t had a drink in 24 hours.  I don’t know how he even reads that thing with how bad he’s shaking.  Dudes just counting down the seconds to get his hands on a drink.

Edited by germ-x

4 hours ago, germ-x said:

Thanks for the help.  It may not matter at this point.  He had Singletary and Montgomery who got him 36. Has Michael Thomas tonight vs the Falcons.  

His remaining 7 are:  Wilson, Mayfield, McCaffrey, Chubb, Diggs, Fuller, and Ertz. 

Was always going to be a long shot...was banking on Montgomery and Singletary laying eggs not dropping 36 combined haha.

Now gotta root for others to lose, but both are playing 2 of the 3 worst teams in the league....you never know.

And Thomas lays a big egg.   Baker’s matchup isn’t that easy and Fuller / Ertz both dinged up.   Never say die.  Good luck! 

P.S. Can’t do it in anything but redraft but I’ll take that Gage 16+ pt backdoor call lol. 

Edited by Broncofan

I have a question, need some help understanding something. I just noticed the Broncos moved TE Bug Howard from IR to the Practice Squad.  Why would the Broncos do this ?? On IR he had a protected status while on PS he can be claimed by any team (although I presume he already cleared waivers).  Seems I recall he was having an impressive training camp for the Broncos. So, is he close to rejoining the squad and if not, why move him from IR ?

1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

I have a question, need some help understanding something. I just noticed the Broncos moved TE Bug Howard from IR to the Practice Squad.  Why would the Broncos do this ?? On IR he had a protected status while on PS he can be claimed by any team (although I presume he already cleared waivers).  Seems I recall he was having an impressive training camp for the Broncos. So, is he close to rejoining the squad and if not, why move him from IR ?

You can't use IR as a way of stashing guys - if they are ready to play, they have to be waived.   DEN no doubt waived him - and then he cleared, and then he was stashed on the PS.

New England just had the same issue come up - using the IR spot on Josh Gordon for a 2 week injury stash so they could get Sanu ready, and make room for N'Keal Harry, they could do it for a couple of weeks, but once Gordon was cleared for play - teams have to release them.   It's just in Howard's case, he cleared and then could make it to the PS.

Also keep in mind the annual salary on the PS is like 130K - where it's just under 500K on the NFL roster or IR (IR counts as service time on the NFL roster).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 7:59 PM, germ-x said:

It sucks that R-Jones got benched (and then Barber got 20+ pts that should have been Jones....dammit).   But that execution squad you were facing - Wilson, Thomas, Mayfield, Chubb, Diggs, Fuller & Ertz - they struggled hard.

Did you get in?

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

It sucks that R-Jones got benched (and then Barber got 20+ pts that should have been Jones....dammit).   But that execution squad you were facing - Wilson, Thomas, Mayfield, Chubb, Diggs, Fuller & Ertz - they struggled hard.

Did you get in?

Haha I did.  Ended up going with my gut. 

Went with Foles, Mahomes, Barkley, Henry, Carson, Sutton, Kirk, Parker, Shepard, Waller. 

Even with Foles getting me -1.1, I won 170 to 145.

Crazy part is the guy I beat had the 2nd highest scoring team in the league and missed the playoffs....sucks for him.

Its Superflex with Foles losing his job I’ll be going into the playoffs with Lock/Hodges as my 2nd QB behind Mahomes.  Or I could get cute and only start 1 QB and go with Penny/Jones in their place.  Pry going to start Duck this week with the matchup vs Arizona.

14 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Haha I did.  Ended up going with my gut. 

Went with Foles, Mahomes, Barkley, Henry, Carson, Sutton, Kirk, Parker, Shepard, Waller. 

Even with Foles getting me -1.1, I won 170 to 145.

Crazy part is the guy I beat had the 2nd highest scoring team in the league and missed the playoffs....sucks for him.

Its Superflex with Foles losing his job I’ll be going into the playoffs with Lock/Hodges as my 2nd QB behind Mahomes.  Or I could get cute and only start 1 QB and go with Penny/Jones in their place.  Pry going to start Duck this week with the matchup vs Arizona.

Is that Marvin Jones or Aaron Jones?   Too many Jones.....going with Duck is scary, but in Superflex, these are the choices we're given.  I'm rolling with Fitmagic as my 2nd QB once I start playing next week (got a bye, which is great as a Cook owner lol).   Good luck!

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Is that Marvin Jones or Aaron Jones?   Too many Jones.....going with Duck is scary, but in Superflex, these are the choices we're given.  I'm rolling with Fitmagic as my 2nd QB once I start playing next week (got a bye, which is great as a Cook owner lol).   Good luck!

Oh Ronald Jones.  Yeah Duck and Lock both scare me, but typically QBs are safer than my other options.  Penny is starting to get interesting now, but i still don’t know how much I trust him yet.  Even if Ducks bad he hopefully gets me 10.

13 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Oh Ronald Jones.  Yeah Duck and Lock both scare me, but typically QBs are safer than my other options.  Penny is starting to get interesting now, but i still don’t know how much I trust him yet.  Even if Ducks bad he hopefully gets me 10.

Yeah Penny looked great - but that was a clear 50-50 timeshare.   Those are tough to sit any QB for.   Same with Jones - the news Arians benched him for blowing a pass pro assignment - no way anyone can predict his workload now.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah Penny looked great - but that was a clear 50-50 timeshare.   Those are tough to sit any QB for.   Same with Jones - the news Arians benched him for blowing a pass pro assignment - no way anyone can predict his workload now.  

For sure.  I also have Mattison and if something were to happen to Cook (and hopefully nothing does) I would probably start him over a 2nd QB.

Haha, I traded Brieda and Emanuel Sanders for Henry and a 3rd a month ago....was not expecting Henry to go off the way he has, but that saved my season.  Same week to the same guy I traded Valdez-Scantling for Ronald Jones and Drew Lock....he offered me these deals out of nowhere and I didn’t think twice.

Edited by germ-x

Though once I climbed back into contention I did overpay for Sutton and Carson.  Haha at the time QB was somewhat of a position of strength for me and I’m not completely sold on Josh Allen.  I was also mixing and matching my final 2 starters every week and rolling the dice with Jason Witten, Jaylen Samuels, Mecole Hardman, Greg Olsen, Darrell Williams.

Ended up sending Allen, my 2020 1st, my 2021 1st and 2021 2nd for Sutton, Carson, and Sanu.  Tried getting at least a 2 back or one of his younger upside players but he wouldn’t budge so I pulled the trigger.

30 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Though once I climbed back into contention I did overpay for Sutton and Carson.  Haha at the time QB was somewhat of a position of strength for me and I’m not completely sold on Josh Allen.  I was also mixing and matching my final 2 starters every week and rolling the dice with Jason Witten, Jaylen Samuels, Mecole Hardman, Greg Olsen, Darrell Williams.

Ended up sending Allen, my 2020 1st, my 2021 1st and 2021 2nd for Sutton, Carson, and Sanu.  Tried getting at least a 2 back or one of his younger upside players but he wouldn’t budge so I pulled the trigger.

The 2nd 1st was probably a little steep - but he probably knew you were a big Broncos fan (and obv if it's a local league then you're all homers lol).   But you got in, that helps a ton.    Trading back-half 1sts is nowhere near as valuable as front-half firsts.    Make the playoffs again next year, and it reduces the price paid a lot.   

And having Penny makes getting Carson easier to swallow.  What hurts is the phase when they are timesharing.  You kinda wish they'd be like Cook / Mattison - main guy and caddy.   Then you're in great shape.     The issue with Cook/Mattison is for this upcoming week, you have no idea if Cook is basically out there until they get a big enough lead they feel comfortable to let Mattison take all the work, then neither is really usable.   Honestly, if I owned Mattison - I'd be hoping MIN sits Cooks, gets him as right as they can for games that matter a lot more - and then I can play Mattison with nothing but glee for this week, and increase chances that Cook is ready to ball out the next week.  Of course, MIN cares nothing for FF, lol.

44 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The 2nd 1st was probably a little steep - but he probably knew you were a big Broncos fan (and obv if it's a local league then you're all homers lol).   But you got in, that helps a ton.    Trading back-half 1sts is nowhere near as valuable as front-half firsts.    Make the playoffs again next year, and it reduces the price paid a lot.   

And having Penny makes getting Carson easier to swallow.  What hurts is the phase when they are timesharing.  You kinda wish they'd be like Cook / Mattison - main guy and caddy.   Then you're in great shape.     The issue with Cook/Mattison is for this upcoming week, you have no idea if Cook is basically out there until they get a big enough lead they feel comfortable to let Mattison take all the work, then neither is really usable.   Honestly, if I owned Mattison - I'd be hoping MIN sits Cooks, gets him as right as they can for games that matter a lot more - and then I can play Mattison with nothing but glee for this week, and increase chances that Cook is ready to ball out the next week.  Of course, MIN cares nothing for FF, lol.

Yeah it’s not local and I usually make an effort not to acquire broncos players because I clearly have a bias.  Prior to getting Lock and Sutton the only Bronco I’ve had across 4 leagues over the last 5 or so years has been Sanders.  I’m not saying Sutton being a Bronco didn’t play into it somewhat subconsciously, but I also think Sutton is an absolute stud and top 15 fantasy (and actual NFL) WR for year to come.  At the same time I was in discussions for a similar deal with another guy that had DJ Moore as the centerpiece, but he was asking for more and didn’t have an RB of Carson’s caliber on the roster.

This is the only dynasty league I’ve been in and we are in year 3.  One annoying piece of it in this league and wondering if the same happens in your leagues, but we have 2 guys (oddly enough the guy who traded me Sutton and the one I was discussing DJ Moore with) that literally own like 70% of the draft picks in the top 2 rounds....and they literally don’t move em..unless it’s to trade back and acquire more draft picks.  Not surprisingly neither has made the playoffs in 3 years, though both have some nice pieces as obviously when you make 8 or more picks in the top 2 rounds you end up hitting on a few (who they end up trading away for more picks) so I guess it’s a nice long play, but it bogs the draft down and makes it far less active come the offseason because they both just hoard picks haha.