Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

13 minutes ago, champ11 said:

yeah, it's bad. i mean the youth program is bad for a number of reasons so maybe it ends up being a blessing. it's unfortunate bc we finally have our first young star to care about since Lando/Dempsey. 

Not that I am "all in" on USMNT but I did like to watch WC coverage on them. Was very excited to see some Pulisic but of course he was the only player to show up. This hurts Fox more than anything. They're going to have cover all the other international teams instead of ours.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, bMiller031 said:

How do we feel about the idea of Jamal Carter taking a chunk of the Brandon Marshall snaps next season? 

Marshall has been DREADFUL this season. 

If Carter can bulk up, he could be in the mix.

Marshall was average last year and I thought it was due to nagging injuries but this year he's been average too. It may be just me but his tackling is sloppy.

On 10/17/2017 at 2:20 PM, bMiller031 said:

How do we feel about the idea of Jamal Carter taking a chunk of the Brandon Marshall snaps next season? 

Marshall has been DREADFUL this season. 

On 10/20/2017 at 3:31 PM, iLikeDefense said:

If Carter can bulk up, he could be in the mix.

Marshall was average last year and I thought it was due to nagging injuries but this year he's been average too. It may be just me but his tackling is sloppy.

Marshall's been playing with an AC separation the last 3 games - it's no coincidence his play has slipped markedly since then.   

Reference http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/broncos-brandon-marshall-bothered-shoulder-injury/bJNQO1PdbJw6xN5EeT3yjP/ - kinda important for an ILB to be able to tackle....O.o

Frankly, if we weren't so banged up at ILB, I think they'd have given serious thought to letting him sit out NYG and yesterday, but no chance of that with them so short-handed.   

It's been referenced in the past - but the Duane Brown situation has come to the expected resolution - Brown had until this week to report and avoid having the Texans gain back the entire year of service time.  So he gets his 2017 service time to count, the Texans still own his 2017-18 rights, and they get to recover 6/16 of his salary, plus the preseason fines, and have that savings applied to the cap.  Brown just simply loses 6/16 of his salary that he can't ever get back.   No trade scenarios are happening here.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/922464635999215617

Texans holdout LT Duane Brown has returned to team, as @Rapsheet said. Houston is not trading him. He is expected to be with team this year.

54 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Marshall's been playing with an AC separation the last 3 games - it's no coincidence his play has slipped markedly since then.   

Reference http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/broncos-brandon-marshall-bothered-shoulder-injury/bJNQO1PdbJw6xN5EeT3yjP/ - kinda important for an ILB to be able to tackle....O.o

Frankly, if we weren't so banged up at ILB, I think they'd have given serious thought to letting him sit out NYG and yesterday, but no chance of that with them so short-handed.   

I didn't know he was injured but still doesn't excuse him for his average year last year.

12 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I didn't know he was injured but still doesn't excuse him for his average year last year.

No it doesn’t - fwiw he was battling the hammy issues then. 

It was Marshall’s biggest risk - when he’s healthy he’s near elite.  But health was his issue before 2015.   ILB is such a grinder position - once the injuries hit, decline in play happens quickly.  

As a side note - for those wondering about Navarro Bowman or even TJ Ward hindsight - both were really meh when I watched their games this week.  So cutting Ward doesn’t look at all like a mistake - he’s down to playing part time for a pretty meh secondary.  And Bowman was really unimpressive vs OAK.   Not for you specifically but really there weren’t solutions on our roster - our best shot was earlier in FA or post-53 man roster cut waivers but no easy fixes now.  

Edited by Broncofan

19 hours ago, Broncofan said:

No it doesn’t - fwiw he was battling the hammy issues then. 

It was Marshall’s biggest risk - when he’s healthy he’s near elite.  But health was his issue before 2015.   ILB is such a grinder position - once the injuries hit, decline in play happens quickly.  

As a side note - for those wondering about Navarro Bowman or even TJ Ward hindsight - both were really meh when I watched their games this week.  So cutting Ward doesn’t look at all like a mistake - he’s down to playing part time for a pretty meh secondary.  And Bowman was really unimpressive vs OAK.   Not for you specifically but really there weren’t solutions on our roster - our best shot was earlier in FA or post-53 man roster cut waivers but no easy fixes now.  

He played 60 out of 62 snaps, called the defense, led the team in tackles and had a key third down pressure crushing Smith to give the offense the ball back for the final game wining drive. 3 DAYS after joining the team!!!

It must take a lot of impress you. 

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He played 60 out of 62 snaps, called the defense, led the team in tackles and had a key third down pressure crushing Smith to give the offense the ball back for the final game wining drive. 3 DAYS after joining the team!!!

It must take a lot of impress you. 

Almost all of his tackles were in the 2nd level for 5-7 yard gains or more by Kareem Hunt.   I will credit him with the 4Q stop, that was huge.   But otherwise KC put up 30 pts on that D, and their lack of LB play was a huge reason for that.  Frankly, Andy Reid deciding to not use Kareem Hunt gave the game back to the Raiders - Bowman and the D didn't take it away.    It's much like when the Rams James Laurenitis led league in tackles, but a closer look showed most of them were in the 2nd level.  Same deal here.

Entirely fair to say it's so soon maybe the performance will be better, but nope, still unimpressed. 

Edited by Broncofan

17 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Almost all of his tackles were in the 2nd level for 5-7 yard gains or more by Kareem Hunt.   I will credit him with the 4Q stop, that was huge.   But otherwise KC put up 30 pts on that D, and their lack of LB play was a huge reason for that.  Frankly, Andy Reid deciding to not use Kareem Hunt gave the game back to the Raiders - Bowman and the D didn't take it away.    It's much like when the Rams James Laurenitis led league in tackles, but a closer look showed most of them were in the 2nd level.  Same deal here.

Entirely fair to say it's so soon maybe the performance will be better, but nope, still unimpressed. 

He was starting after having joined the team four days earlier and led the team with 11 tackles (6 solo). Six of his tackles were on runs of two yards or less including a tackle for loss.

Pretty clear you are out of your depth here.......  Literally ALL off his solo tackles were for less than 2 yards. Keep hatin'