Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

i've been on edge too bro. it's a little overwhelming just not knowing what's going to happen and what I really need to do to prepare. my parents were gonna come to austin this weekend and they cancelled. just gonna chill and try to be smart about watching my hands and touching stuff i guess

Good for them.  That’s part of the problem is people are going on about their lives as if nothing is going on. Haha, been arguing with my wife about this as she wants to ski this weekend.  There’s no point, people need to stay in and it’s not living your life “scared” but living it responsibly.  The point is extending this out and not overwhelming hospitals which is going to save lives.  

Not joking you, the social worker at our schools mom flew into DIA last night from Seattle and spent the day at the school, like WTF?

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1

Well a good move.  All Colorado Springs schools have closed for the next 2 weeks. For some reason I highly doubt they reopen for the rest of the year.  Which again is good.  My district alone has 28,000 students that will not be spending 5 days a week packed together in schools.

TV was the least of my concerns this weekend, we were legitimately on a 2 week(maybe) supply of toilet paper and no where in Highlands Ranch had any, found some online thru Wal-Mart that is for RVs/Boats but better than nothing I guess? Tempted to post on Nextdoor will trade bottle of champagne for toilet paper.

10 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

SO no sports going on right now?  This is f***cked.  What do I watch now?  Re-runs of Grays Anatomy?  Borrrrring 

I love sports, but they have had me upset anyway. A lot of these leagues are fixed, and have been fixed for a quite a while (2018 LV Knights, anyone?). I also don't care about college sports anymore.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Well schools closed here in El Paso county today.  I will be shocked if they reopen again this year from what I’ve been gathering.  My wife, son, and I are going to be hunkering down for the foreseeable future.  

Welp never mind on that.  I didn’t take my son to daycare today because our provider texted me saying her husband wasn’t feeling well.  Texted her tonight and she said they quarantined him in their house because he has a severe headache, soar throat, fever, and body aches.  If he doesn’t feel any better in the morning or if it gets a lot worse they’re going to the doctor.  

Wanna know how fast the NFL moves? We won the Superbowl 4 seasons ago. After CHJ and Wolfe leave this offseason, Von Miller and McManus will be the only two players left from that entire 52 man roster. And as far as I can remember, Chris Gould, Reggie Herring, and Bill Kollar are the only coaches left out of the 26 on that staff.