Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Never thought of that, but good question. 

don't think it's set in stone yet. this is what Mase said today:

Possibilities:

• Giving half of the teams nine home games and the other half eight. The ideal scenario in this would be to give all NFC teams the extra home game in one season and all AFC teams a ninth home game the next season. International games could continue to be drawn from teams’ pool of home games.
  • Sixteen neutral-site games, with six played within United States borders. Possible venues could include Orlando (the current home of the Pro Bowl), Honolulu (if a new stadium is constructed), San Antonio or myriad prominent college venues. The NFL could even consider making the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game into a regular-season contest. After the Chargers played three seasons worth of home games in a venue that had a capacity of 27,000, the notion of playing an annual game in a smaller stadium like 23,000-seat Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio is not as far-fetched as it once was.

And who would each team face in that 17th game?

• A set “rival” from the opposite conference each season. The most likely candidates for the Broncos would be the Seattle Seahawks, a member of the AFC West from 1977 through 2001, and the Arizona Cardinals, the only other team in the Mountain time zone. Every four years, they would play their “rival” twice, since the current schedule rotation to play each division in the opposite conference once every four years would continue.
  • A team from the other conference determined by standings. The NFL could opt to have the top team from the AFC from the previous season meet the best team in the NFC, and continuing down the list to have the worst teams in each conference from the previous season play each other.
    • The NFL could also establish a rotation similar to that for interconference play, in which divisions are paired, with the games based off the previous year’s standings, e.g. the first-place team from the AFC West faces the top team from the NFC West one year, then the corresponding team from the NFC South the next year, and so on. Either one of these possibilities means that three games on the schedule are determined by the previous year’s standings, up from the current two.

•  

Has anyone had a fart that sounded like you were slowly letting the air out of a balloon? I just let one go like that scared my dog. It woke him out of a dead sleep where he shook his head, looked at me bewildered, jumped off the couch and walked away disgusted and confused.

Edited by jsthomp2007

47 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

So uh

Any chance you guys would take on a Bill O'Brien refugee? I mean, I've been living here for the past few years anyway.

Welcome! Been a rough few years for us but things are finally headed in the right direction. Good time to come aboard.

52 minutes ago, Longhorns90 said:

So uh

Any chance you guys would take on a Bill O'Brien refugee? I mean, I've been living here for the past few years anyway.

Sadly, I think you're making the right call.  I never like to see team fans jump ship, but it's hard to ignore what's happened in HOU since BoB became the de facto GM & HC with unchecked powers.   Franchise fortunes cycle all the time pretty quickly, but BoB has just sentenced HOU to 4-5 years minimum with little to no hope.  Man, feel bad for Texan fans.

Edited by Broncofan

Read a stat on covid-19 that 86% of spread in the US is from people that don’t have symptoms or don’t have symptoms bad enough to prompt them to stay home or go see a doctor.  If that’s the case and this has been here since January......there are probably 100s of thousands of people who’ve had or currently have it and will go undocumented and that number is just going to keep increasing.  This is a freaking wildfire that you can’t see.

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

Read a stat on covid-19 that 86% of spread in the US is from people that don’t have symptoms or don’t have symptoms bad enough to prompt them to stay home or go see a doctor.  If that’s the case and this has been here since January......there are probably 100s of thousands of people who’ve had or currently have it and will go undocumented and that number is just going to keep increasing.  This is a freaking wildfire that you can’t see.

So, as a retired engineer/math guy this whole thing is a bit fascinating. Statistically it's absolutely insignificant. The numbers of dead and infected are so small it's statistically irrelevant.

Looking at it mathematically though, the expansion/ contagion rate is presently at about 32% in the US daily. That's nuts! That kind of daily rate in the stock market would turn $1000 into $1,000,000 in about 25 days. It'll do the same with this virus unless something changes the 32%. I think thats what Trumps trying to do.

Anyway, never seen anything like this in my lifetime. Should be a learning experience.

Edited by AKRNA

10 hours ago, Counselor said:

Dear ET80,
           The Broncos fan base officially invites you to join us! We would love to have your presence. We are a Lock to improve this year and your fanhood would mean Sutton special to all of us. So Risner on up to the Mile High. You will find this fan base to be a real Jewell. Be the Clyde to our Vonnie.

Much Love,

Counselor 

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Dear Broncos fanbase,

We greatly appreciate you reaching out to formally express interest. While my client was maliciously blindsided by his previous team less than 24 hours ago, he's already let me know we'd like to able to begin narrowing down the list of potential suitors early on.

Please be aware that as this process develops, we will be reaching back out to find out what other non-franchise selling points you will be able to offer. These types of things include likes upon signing, likes per Gameday thread post, and likes if @ET80 is still a fan on the 5th day of a new league year. While we are willing to discuss things such as likes that are non-guaranteed at signing or guaranteed only for injury, my client's track record is spotless and we expect offers to reflect that type of consistency. 

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
Ramssuperbowl99

Everyone go recruit ET80. Ramssuperbowl99 is his agent and I sent the above message to them both.

• Like 1