Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

I loved the Latimer pick when it was made.    Thought he’d be a very good NFL WR.  Good size at 6’2” 215, 4.45 type speed, excellent vertical, and the guy caught literally everything thrown his way at Indiana.  I remember thinking we’d look back at that pick and consider it a steal.

He very well could have been better on another roster, but there were a lot of reports that he didn’t put in the work to learn the playbook or get in sync with the QBs.  One example was the team brought Rod Smith in to talk to the WRs and Latimer sat on his cell phone the entire time, which prompted Smith to speak with him individually later on.

I don’t think it’s an effort type thing.  He plays hard during games, but at least early on he appeared to be a guy who thought he could walk out on Sundays play hard and with his talent be productive, which is all it took in college.

I think the key to young guys is to keep them engaged. I mean I remember the bears game with Brock in 2015 Latimer had some nice grabs, and every off season hed be shuffled to bottom of the pile. I like how he threw some nice blocks in the Colts game and Brock rewarded him with a td ball.

I think all the good organizations get players involved early now of days. And the more expectations the better the results. Like the Steelers with Smith Schuster.  He's 21 and young Steelers could of had him behind Bryant all year but they didn't. 

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Who does everyone want to win the AFC West, with the Broncos out of the running? Tonight's game is really important. I'd actually kind of like to see LA get in, and think they could upset the Patriots in Foxboro.

Chargers no doubt I wanna see rivers win one and the division to be represented strongly in the playoffs. 

I'm tired of people talking about this division as garbage just cause some under performed I still think its a great division. 

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Who does everyone want to win the AFC West, with the Broncos out of the running? Tonight's game is really important. I'd actually kind of like to see LA get in, and think they could upset the Patriots in Foxboro.

The Chiefs. I've always liked Andy Reid. Of the three teams in the division, KC has always been the one I've disliked the least. I was a big fan of Tony Gonzalez, Priest Holmes and Derick Thomas back in the day. 

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Chargers. They are better and deserve it.   Their K doesn’t choke they are 2 games up rather than tied.   Plus if they win the AFCW they get a much lower draft spot.  KC has so few picks left lol. 

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Chargers, no question. KC, losing 6 of it's last 8, is hardly the team I want representing the AFC West,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Chargers. They are better and deserve it.   Their K doesn’t choke they are 2 games up rather than tied.   Plus if they win the AFCW they get a much lower draft spot.  KC has so few picks left lol. 

OK I'm fed up of this. Do people actually realise the kick against us was just to force overtime? If he made the kick it's absolutely not an automatic win.

14 hours ago, paul-mac said:

OK I'm fed up of this. Do people actually realise the kick against us was just to force overtime? If he made the kick it's absolutely not an automatic win.

And, they never should have been that close. Denver's offense let them back in the game.

The key play of that game was in the first quarter. Trevor Siemian threw a pass right to Casey Hayward, and he dropped an INT TD. If he gets that, the Chargers lead 7-0, and the game probably goes much different because Siemian probably starts to fall apart earlier.

Actually with this “catch” I’m alright with it being called incomplete. It was clear that the ball moved and I don’t really think he made a football move , imo he had it and in one motion turned and reached at goal line but initial contact with ground it clearly moved. Once I saw it I knew it was gunna be incomplete

I agree as the rule is currently written. But to me, the act of reaching for the goal line should count as a football move. I guess my issue is that the NFL can't seem to decide what actually counts as possession. Jesse James had that ball in a death grip; if he makes that catch at the 50 yard line in the first quarter, there is ZERO percent chance it doesn't end up a completion. The deliberate act of reaching for the goal line is what ultimately jarred the ball loose, not him falling to the ground while diving for a catch. To me it seems different.

• Like 1

I know the Broncos are having a down year, but imagine being Raider fan (sorry Big Palooka).  They went from being one of the darlings of the AFC to challenge the Pats...now they might anchor the basement of the AFC West if the Broncos win out and the Raiders lose a game or two over the next few weeks.