Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

I got accepted to CU too. I also got accepted to Mines, U of Washington, U of Michigan, U of Illinois and UCLA. I went to CSU because I liked it the best, it was relatively close to home, I had 40-something friends from graduating class going there and it would cost me thousands less than the other schools, especially the out of state schools. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I got accepted to CU too. I also got accepted to Mines, U of Washington, U of Michigan, U of Illinois and UCLA. I went to CSU because I liked it the best, it was relatively close to home, I had 40-something friends from graduating class going there and it would cost me thousands less than the other schools, especially the out of state schools. 

Just messing with you man. If I had gone to CSU I probably wouldn't have partied my scholarship away (back when CU was the #1 party school in America, before the rape scandal), forcing me into the 9 year plan ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

I'd be shocked and livid if I were a Cavs fan. They just need to hold on to that pick and hope Brooklyn ends up in the Top 5 for the lottery.

No way. If I'm a Cavs fan I hope they flip the pick for a star. If LeBron leaves (which most expect him to) how long till Cleveland is a championship contender again? No fewer than 5-7 years. Flip the pick, go all-in for Boogie and hope to win a championship this year.

Their priorities should be (A) retain LeBron & (B) Win a championship this season. The ironic thing is that by holding onto the pick, they are not only conceding goal #2 but by doing so are conceding goal #1. If you're trying to convince LeBron to stay, next year's 18 year old rookie isn't going to cut it. Surround him with stars, do whatever you can to make leaving as difficult as possible, and cross your fingers. 

3 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

No way. If I'm a Cavs fan I hope they flip the pick for a star. If LeBron leaves (which most expect him to) how long till Cleveland is a championship contender again? No fewer than 5-7 years. Flip the pick, go all-in for Boogie and hope to win a championship this year.

Their priorities should be (A) retain LeBron & (B) Win a championship this season. The ironic thing is that by holding onto the pick, they are not only conceding goal #2 but by doing so are conceding goal #1. If you're trying to convince LeBron to stay, next year's 18 year old rookie isn't going to cut it. Surround him with stars, do whatever you can to make leaving as difficult as possible, and cross your fingers. 

I guess I'm in the belief, no matter who they get paired with Lebron is not going to cut it against GS this year, next year or a few years after that. Just start the rebuild, he's leaving or he's not going to win. 

While HOU is still recovering hopefully Irma doesn't do a number on the Caribbean and eastern seaboard.   Bigger than all the 2017 hurricanes combined.

I think HOU comes out with an inspired home opener with Steve Gleason-like big plays. 

Edited by Broncofan

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Wow! Quite a beatdown KC is putting on the Pats.

Lucky us. We get the winner twice and the loser once.

Yeah but both teams lost more guys tonight - Hightower at ILB is irreplaceable.  And their OL & DL looked as bad as ours was last year.  It's eye opening how bad their trench play was.  

KC really impressed on O...but sounds like Eric Berry tore his Achilles.  THAT is another dagger. 

We have to get our own house in order, but man, make no mistake - the so called best teams in the AFC are not nearly as strong as we thought...or at least got a lot weaker.

I knew that Pats front 7 was a mess but figured coaching + secondary would compensate enough. They were 2010s Saints bad all around.

The Pats' O-line looked fine to me, when KC got a lead they turned their EDGEs loose and Houston did what elite players do. Brady had one of his worst games ever, was just off all night. That said, they'll be dropping 40+ on teams by October.