Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

On 4/14/2018 at 2:51 AM, AKRNA said:

On a positive note, is anyone paying attention to the Angels Japanese pitcher Ohtani? I don't pay much attention to sports outside of football anymore but this kid is doing some amazing things.

He'll be fun to follow this year.

Ohtani is a blast. Exactly what baseball needs IMO. I look forward to watching him whenever I can.

Jurassic world 2 is gonna be a predictable, ridiculous remake of The Lost World Jurassic Park, but with more violence.. And for some reason I'm completely ok with that, and TOTALLY gonna spend my money on an imax ticket ?

Edited by 1234567

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Great article and by far the best 30 for 30. From elway to marino. That agent was so good narrating it. He literally told the story in such a calm humbling way. Then when they showed what the breaking news broadcast looked when it happened it brought you that. 

Quick question regarding elway. The raiders apparently had a deal done and it was some bananas package and apparently the league lost the trade.  Davis and the league never got along ever since the merger. Am I off base can someone comment on this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Great article and by far the best 30 for 30. From elway to marino. That agent was so good narrating it. He literally told the story in such a calm humbling way. Then when they showed what the breaking news broadcast looked when it happened it brought you that. 

Quick question regarding elway. The raiders apparently had a deal done and it was some bananas package and apparently the league lost the trade.  Davis and the league never got along ever since the merger. Am I off base can someone comment on this.

This article explains it: http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/18226/what-if-the-raiders-drafted-dan-marino-or-john-elway-in-1983

The Raiders tried to trade for Chicago's first-round pick (6th overall) so they could include it in a package to give to the Colts.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2018 at 7:28 PM, 1234567 said:

Jurassic world 2 is gonna be a predictable, ridiculous remake of The Lost World Jurassic Park, but with more violence.. And for some reason I'm completely ok with that, and TOTALLY gonna spend my money on an imax ticket ?

I think they are completely ok with it being that as well. No need for plot - people are there to see the action. I mean the preview I saw in theatres for i seemed like it gave away the entire story! Unfortunately that is far too common these days.

I just wanna thank members of this forum. When I was young it always felt like something was missing with football because I loved it so much. And being a member on here really fills that void. It's like another element to enjoying football. It's like a next level opportunity to be Bronco fans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I just wanna thank members of this forum. When I was young it always felt like something was missing with football because I loved it so much. And being a member on here really fills that void. It's like another element to enjoying football. It's like a next level opportunity to be Bronco fans.

Preach it brother. Here's to a great draft weekend.

• Like 1

BTW this is huge in the Reuben Foster case.... he's still got 2 strikes for weed, but this is going to put his career in the clear if true (uncooperative GF isn't that unusual in a guilty party - but if there's a video which shows she got the injuries in a fight with another woman, then Foster is completely vindicated - and her admission to the DA basically incriminates her, too). 

Major turnaround, as it totally vindicates the 49ers for standing by him too.   Credit to @49erurtaza who broke this.    Foster still needs to get his act together - weed is a stupid rule, but you have to follow it.  Hopefully for SF and him, he can go Von route.  The talent is certainly worth it.  That would be huge for the 49ers, as I mentioned, when he was on the field with Solomon Thomas the last 6 weeks, that turned around the 49ers D (not just JimmyG revitalizing that O), and his play already had him in the top 5 ILB tier in his rookie year, even hampered with a HAS and no offseason to strength train due to the shoulder. 

It will be fascinating to see if the 49ers veer off ILB and address T or CB as been rumored the last 48 hours.  How quickly fortunes can change.

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

BTW this is huge in the Reuben Foster case.... he's still got 2 strikes for weed, but this is going to put his career in the clear if true.    Major turnaround, vindicates the 49ers for standing by him too.   Credit to @49erurtaza who broke this.

Thank you, this is great news and I'm hopeful that it's 100 percent true.

23 minutes ago, champ11 said:

This will be my 11th draft religiously checking this website. That's awesome. Love all the insight you guys bring. It's gonna be a fun day!

With ya there man haha time flies.  My draft day tonight vs when i was in college is going to be a lot tamer though

54 minutes ago, champ11 said:

This will be my 11th draft religiously checking this website. That's awesome. Love all the insight you guys bring. It's gonna be a fun day!

I had tickets for Avengers tonight before I remembered the draft, going tomorrow morning instead. GF is probably going to get bored quickly though so I probably going to get regulated to watching on iPad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Hard to think about it but this will be my 12th draft here! My first was 2006, my senior year of college, when we took Cutler. Wow time flies. 

• Like 1