Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AnAngryAmerican

Random Thoughts

Recommended Posts

On 5/1/2018 at 11:37 PM, germ-x said:

Had our first baby today.  1 week early and 9.3 pounds.  Named him Archie.

Little late here, but congrats man! That is awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2018 at 4:37 AM, germ-x said:

Had our first baby today.  1 week early and 9.3 pounds.  Named him Archie.

Congratulations man! Nice name - pretty sure it's Scottish, so there's a fair few Archie's kicking around in Britain.

Hope you and your partner are doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well we're going with the blue jerseys for our home games vs. KC & CLE...and the color rush all-orange vs. PIT.   Don't mind the throwback helmet, but man those Color Rush jerseys are god awful ugly.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/broncos-color-rush-uniforms-coming-home-vs-steelers/73-561375123

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 6:32 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

Congratulations man! Nice name - pretty sure it's Scottish, so there's a fair few Archie's kicking around in Britain.

Hope you and your partner are doing well.

Haha I’ve literally never come across an Archie in my life.  Lol the only places I’ve heard it are the comics and Archie Manning.   To clarify, he wasn’t named after or because of any of those.  We wanted an older name and while doing some research came across Archie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey in light of the NFL's top 100 list. I decided to make our own. Y'all should go vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really horrible to hear about Mrs. Bowlen being diagnosed with Alzheimers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Matt Patricia brings the "Patriot Way" to New England, with predictable results we in these parts are all too painfully familiar with. 

The Detroit Free Press reports he's already losing the locker room. And training camp hasn't even started yet. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2018/06/08/detroit-lions-matt-patricia/684073002/

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denver has to have some of the worst sports media in the country. Like, obscenely bad. I can't listen anymore and I don't understand why decent guys like Troy Renck whore themselves out to the Big Al and Dmac's of the world.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which is the best spot to spend a day or two in: Vail, Frisco or Idaho Springs?

I also won't have a car, so an easy walking town would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Which is the best spot to spend a day or two in: Vail, Frisco or Idaho Springs?

I also won't have a car, so an easy walking town would be great.

Frisco for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, champ11 said:

Frisco for sure. 

Can't really go wrong with any of them, Idaho Springs is definitely on the smaller side of the three though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, broncosfan07 said:

Can't really go wrong with any of them, Idaho Springs is definitely on the smaller side of the three though. 

My wife’s family has a place in Granby so we are that direction quite a bit.  Beau Joes in Idaho Springs is hard to beat.  Only reason we ever will/would stop there, but definitely worth it.  Just my opinion, but those mountain towns are WAY overrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, germ-x said:

My wife’s family has a place in Granby so we are that direction quite a bit.  Beau Joes in Idaho Springs is hard to beat.  Only reason we ever will/would stop there, but definitely worth it.  Just my opinion, but those mountain towns are WAY overrated.

Beau Jo's and Tommyknocker but yeah you can go to much less crowded, yet still awesome places like Nederland, Telluride and Grand Lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 4:16 PM, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Denver has to have some of the worst sports media in the country. Like, obscenely bad. I can't listen anymore and I don't understand why decent guys like Troy Renck whore themselves out to the Big Al and Dmac's of the world.

 

Troy Renck is phenomenal, he should have a daily show on The Fan. He and Zach Bye would be a great afternoon drive time show. 

I like him personally but Brandon Stokley doesn't bring a whole lot to the table. I'd find someone to replace him (anyone who has gone to CU gets a show on The Fan, so it shouldn't be hard to find someone) and get a new mid-day host. I would fire D-Mac and Big Al, the former is particularly atrocious and the latter is just collecting a paycheck. Then put Bye and Renck on from 3-7pm MST, they can talk about things beyond the Broncos, which The Fan as a whole really needs to start doing, all Broncos all the time is not working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×