Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

On 11/23/2018 at 2:15 PM, thebestever6 said:

Was wondering why I've been hearing less Rueben Foster should of been the pick in 2017 over Bolles debate. 

Then I check pff to check  Reuben Fosters rating this year and hes below average  78th linebacker. So naturally I check Bollles rating expecting a poor rating and to my  surprise its above average at a 69.

Actually, since the 49ers just released him we could pick him up and have both he and Bolles.

• Like 1

Love Jalen Ramsey getting beat by Josh Allen.  Ramsey is such a tool.  For someone that runs his mouth as much as he does he hasn’t even been elite this year, still a good CB, but not elite.  Then tries to back track his comments in the post game presser.  

• Like 2

Absolutely zero regrets over the trade as the cap relief and the 4th rounder (not to mention accelerating the kids’ growth curve) help us way more, but it’s nice to see DT shine in prime time.  Win win for all sides.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Are you kidding me Elway working out Nathan Peterman barth.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Are you kidding me Elway working out Nathan Peterman barth.

Yeah that's a strange one. Sounds like they're bringing in several dozen guys for tryouts to find any potential futures contract guys (the offseason contracts that we found Shelby Harris and Tim Patrick from)

My hope is that we're just bringing in Nathan Peterman as a camp arm to throw to the WR's and TE's that will get a more serious look.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

What's you guys feeling on Vance given the recent winning streak? I think he sucks, but winning will keep him around longer than it should. 

There's a good breakdown in the Steelers game thread. Basically, he's put together a good staff that has developed players all over the roster and the team plays extremely hard for him. But his game management and situational awareness has been consistently bad. This December stretch will rightfully decide his fate. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What's you guys feeling on Vance given the recent winning streak? I think he sucks, but winning will keep him around longer than it should. 

I think theres a way to keep the position coaches who developed players well this year while also getting a new coach. I don't think elway is dumb and a 2 game win streak in the grand scheme means little. Only way Vance keeps his job is if he gets to 8 and 8. Unless there is a coaching candidate we just have to have. If Vance gets to .500 for the year I think  Elway gives him another year not because he believes in the long term of Vance. But because next year is a development year anyway given our cap and key vets that will walk.

Denver has scored 252 points and given up 252 points. They're a .500 team to this point with a 5 and 6 record.  Still not good enough in my opinion these last 5 weeks will tell the story. 

On a side note how do you feel about the raiders trades of mack and cooper. Cooper and Mack have played well since being jettisoned.  Even though the bears and cowboys are in the 20s the impact still is greater than that. I don't think Oakland is in play for the number 1 pick with those 2 on the roster. Oakland has to be eyeing a qb.

Edited by thebestever6