Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

14 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I wonder if should be noted that the Broncos are the only AFC to get over on the Patriots.  It is kind of cool, but at the same time I was looking forward to the AFC West to represent in the Super Bowl. 

I mean they still win more than us, but it is definitely nice being the team (even if we aren’t currently as good as we’d like) that seem to be the Patriots achilles heel along  with the Giants.  I don’t know that there are 2 other teams that have consistently beat the Patriots in big games.

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

I mean they still win more than us, but it is definitely nice being the team (even if we aren’t currently as good as we’d like) that seem to be the Patriots achilles heel along  with the Giants.  I don’t know that there are 2 other teams that have consistently beat the Patriots in big games.

The Ravens really should be 3-1 against New England in the playoffs if not for a missed FG (and even the other loss was very close) and all those games were in Foxboro. Everyone else just gets steam-rolled there. 

Since joining the Rockets, Kenneth Faried averaging 17+ points and 11 rebounds per game. Hard to see how Malone couldn't find a use for a guy like that. Unless he's some sort of serious locker room cancer, and just doesn't project it in interviews. 

13 hours ago, 1234567 said:

Since joining the Rockets, Kenneth Faried averaging 17+ points and 11 rebounds per game. Hard to see how Malone couldn't find a use for a guy like that. Unless he's some sort of serious locker room cancer, and just doesn't project it in interviews. 

He’s playing Capela’s role which isn’t hard to do. He’s going to get easy buckets with teams eyeing Harden, Gordon and CP3. All Faried has to do is stay in that dunker spot and score high percentage shots. Jokic and him were good at this but Faried’s lack of D and the team shifting to have a stretch PF really made him expendable.

Edited by iLikeDefense

On 2/7/2019 at 5:31 PM, 1234567 said:

Yeah, Faried wanted out. Nuggets sources have indicated that it was an untenable situation and it's been addition by subtraction by moving on from KF and Wilson Chandler. Love those guys, but it was time for the new era.

If Faried wasn't so poor defensively he would still be getting minutes on any team in the league. Just tough to fit a guy in the lineup that can't shoot or defend. Absolutely love his fit in Houston though. He's still an elite rebounder and finisher. 

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Give me insider low down on Roby as a free agent CB.

Is he good?  You guys want him back?  What would you pay for him? 

Frustratingly up-and-down corner. He has games where he looks like a Pro Bowler and games where he's the biggest liability on the field. Very gifted athlete, but just seems unfocused a lot of the time. I expect Roby to get paid with how shallow the FA market is. It could click for him and he could become a legit #1 corner, or his team could get out of the deal in Year 3. Neither would shock me at all. 

We're all pretty much ready to move on unless no market develops and he comes cheap. 6-7 million APY would be fair, but any more than that and you're taking a risk. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Frustratingly up-and-down corner. He has games where he looks like a Pro Bowler and games where he's the biggest liability on the field. Very gifted athlete, but just seems unfocused a lot of the time. I expect Roby to get paid with how shallow the FA market is. It could click for him and he could become a legit #1 corner, or his team could get out of the deal in Year 3. Neither would shock me at all. 

We're all pretty much ready to move on unless no market develops and he comes cheap. 6-7 million APY would be fair, but any more than that and you're taking a risk. 

He was a streaky corner out of ohio state and he's a streaky corner now. If learning from chris Harris and Talib hasn't help. I don't know what will.