Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Baseballs 10 year contracts are completely absurd.  I get guys play well into their mid 30s and the game has changed, but I’ll never get over how much professional athletes “entertainers” make in this country.  

For a comparison a heart surgeon, who is literally saving lives, makes a median salary of $300,000.  But a guy that can hit a baseball is making $30,000,000 a year, it’s part of why this country is butt backwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Baseballs 10 year contracts are completely absurd.  I get guys play well into their mid 30s and the game has changed, but I’ll never get over how much professional athletes “entertainers” make in this country.  

For a comparison a heart surgeon, who is literally saving lives, makes a median salary of $300,000.  But a guy that can hit a baseball is making $30,000,000 a year, it’s part of why this country is butt backwards.

Trust me bud, the longer you're in the workforce the tougher it is to take. My favorite is when a player is "insulted" with a contract offer, exceeding a few million a year. 

Put in 45 years in the workforce, average $50k per year (pretty good money) and you'll make $2.25 million before taxes in your lifetime. 

Sure wish someone, just once, insulted me like that.

18 hours ago, germ-x said:

They are absurd, as is this country's obsession with entertainment. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 8:49 PM, germ-x said:

As a member of the medical community, I somewhat agree. I’m not a surgeon but I have saved lives (chest compressions, managed airways) and make a third of my power plant buddies who do a whole lot of Netflix watching at work. But, on the other hand, if we paid every doctor 5 mil a year health care would become unaffordable. The country is broken. 

34 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

What kind of odd things has anyone done with WD40? 

I used it to help remove some (unwanted) paint from my car - was turning around and accidentally scraped the side of my garage and it left a noticeable paint swap probably about 6 inches across and 3 inches tall.

WD40, scrub with magic eraser, repeat a few times, then wash the entire area with soapy water, then apply a little bit of wax. Only left me with a minor unnoticeable scratch. 

That was my first purchase of WD40, and only use of it. 

Said car has just been paid off completely as of last week, so instead of a car payment in March I would like to make a semi-reckless purchase that will include my quality of life. Any suggestions?

Wanted to pass an idea by y’all. About doing a Dynasty league in our forum where we draft players to our own created teams that are currently in the league just for an inaugural season and then do free agency and the draft every year with a salary cap. You can trade players and picks. And we can work out how we would do the simulation part to see who is the champion each season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Wanted to pass an idea by y’all. About doing a Dynasty league in our forum where we draft players to our own created teams that are currently in the league just for an inaugural season and then do free agency and the draft every year with a salary cap. You can trade players and picks. And we can work out how we would do the simulation part to see who is the champion each season. 

I’d be interested 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 8:18 AM, jsthomp2007 said:

My dog keeps looking at me as though he is trying to tell me something...I keep tell him if he has something to say...then he should say it..but, all he does is keep staring at me...so rude! 

You have a mole that is growing and he can't stop staring, give him a break. 

28 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Well guys, I'm officially a parent.

Friday night we had a baby girl, delivered via cesarean, who is healthy as can be and weighed in at 7lbs, 15oz.  

Congratulations bud! Get ready for a wild and wonderful ride.

• Like 1