Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

6 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Don't get the rule change submitted by us ? Yeah onside kicks have a terrible success rate . But, a 4th and 15 play on your own 28 to act as an onside kick will never get approved. Especially, with all the PI poor discretion. 

Without the running start converting an onside kick becomes nigh impossible. Last season only 4 were converted, 3 were “surprise” onsides kicks, at a rate of ~7%. Compared to years past where it ranged from 12-21%. This proposal is similar to what the AAF is using and it at least adds a level of strategy to the game. Personally I like it 

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Without the running start converting an onside kick becomes nigh impossible. Last season only 4 were converted, 3 were “surprise” onsides kicks, at a rate of ~7%. Compared to years past where it ranged from 12-21%. This proposal is similar to what the AAF is using and it at least adds a level of strategy to the game. Personally I like it 

Well, they have to do something. I understand the safety reasons for eliminating the running start but the unintended consequence, all but eliminating the onside kick, is a drastic change to the game. One I really dislike. 

4 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

So a discretionary pi penalty can keep a team in the game that shouldn't be. It's opening up a new can of worms. 

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

God bless the Raiders. When we all complain about Elway, we need to just look what decisions the Raiders make. They trade two young stars because they don't want to pay them. But then they go out and give $30MM guaranteed to an aging prima dona WR...lol!!

I can't hate the move on paper Gruden has always  been a players coach. They're adding talent while also having 3 picks in the top 50. 

Is it risky yes but if it pays off you can get good in a hurry. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I have a gut feeling the AB acquisition is going to blow up in their face. Lucky for them they didn’t give up a lot of draft capital but they will be paying a lot of cap space 

Even if it was a short term deal to sell tickets whats the backlash it ruins their culture? That's the only way I see it blowing up like that.

I think it's a bad precedent Steelers are setting by letting a player hold them hostage like that. It's gonna snow ball.

• Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Even if it was a short term deal to sell tickets whats the backlash it ruins their culture? That's the only way I see it blowing up like that.

I think it's a bad precedent Steelers are setting by letting a player hold them hostage like that. It's gonna snow ball.

I think it’s bad for both teams. Just a hunch. But I could be totally off. 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:45 PM, jsthomp2007 said:

Am I the only one in the world who thinks that AB and O'Dell Beckham are not that great? Then only receivers I ever saw take over games were Rice, Moss, and the Sharpe brothers...and they never caused problems 

Prime Terrell Owens took over games as much as any receiver in the game. It was certainly a shorter time span than the other players you mentioned, but he was unstoppable for 2-3 years.