Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

20 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Whether he succeeds or fails in NYJ one thing’s pretty clear - even a feud hadn’t developed over the supposed SF interview, non-recommendation, Adam Gase and Elway would never have co-existed.     For all those who thought it was a mistake to let Gase walk - it’s pretty indisputable his HC MO is very much my-way-or-else, and not just with players.   There’s zero chance that would have ever worked in DEN. 

Teams don’t part ways with the GM who hired a new HC like NYJ did (batting a health / legal issue) unless it’s clear the 2 don’t see eye to eye.   How you don’t figure that out at HC interviews though is mind-blowing.    

I was just coming in here to post about this. 

It's a very McDaniels-esque move on his part, hardly surprising all things considered.

Gase is definition of a total jerk, I hope he falls flat on his face. 

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I was just coming in here to post about this. 

It's a very McDaniels-esque move on his part, hardly surprising all things considered.

Gase is definition of a total jerk, I hope he falls flat on his face. 

Yeah it’s not going to end well for him. Did they ever find out what was up with his eyes during his introductory presser?

3 hours ago, boratt said:

Packer fan here, wondering if anyone could give me a run down of Billy Turner. Can he play?

I liked Turner here in Denver.  I don’t know that he deserved the money he received from GB, but at worst he’s as good as it gets as a 6th OL who can play OG or OT, but in terms of a starter he’s probably average.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:05 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

For those that don't know, @broncos67 got married at the weekend - congrats mate! I join the club in just over 2 months ... :S

On 5/7/2019 at 8:10 AM, broncosfan07 said:

Congrats Ben! Mine is in 2 months from today.

Hey thanks guys! It was a hell of a day- easily the best day of my life. Good luck to both of you!

• Like 3

Can you NBA buffs answer me this - has there ever been a team in the history of the NBA where a double digit lead is as less safe as it is against this Warriors team?

It just seems with their ability to play lockdown defense with explosive scoring, they can peg back double digit leads in a couple of minutes.

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Can you NBA buffs answer me this - has there ever been a team in the history of the NBA where a double digit lead is as less safe as it is against this Warriors team?

It just seems with their ability to play lockdown defense with explosive scoring, they can peg back double digit leads in a couple of minutes.

I'd have to assume no. The thing about the Warriors is that the high difficulty three pointers they hit are momentum shifting plays moreso than anything else in the NBA - especially at Oracle. That place goes nuts when Steph hits a tough three and it is brutal when they hit such well defended tough shots. 

You really have to try to control the pace against the Warriors but it's just so tough. I was actually shocked the Raptors held onto game 1. 

• Like 1

PFM, Shannon Sharpe, Terrell Davis, John Lynch (up until San Fran hired him), .. Funny how many former Broncos do this. Once you put that orange uniform on, you never take it off, regardless of how many seasons you spent somewhere else.  Denver has to be one of the only organizations where this is commonplace.

Edited by 1234567
  • Like 4