Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AnAngryAmerican

Random Thoughts

Recommended Posts

Ahh man, the place i watched SB50 at burned to the ground yesterday. Bad omen for this upcoming season, yikes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I saw this quote today from Josh Rosen. 

"One of my favorite phrases is, 'If you set no expectations, you'll never be disappointed.' I don't really have any expectations," Rosen said.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine that kind of attitude in a pro athlete, especially a QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it annoy anyone else how poor the Broncos 'behind the scenes' coverage is? There are so many teams out there who are doing in depth documentaries from the team's offseason that include the whole draft process, signing free agents, OTAs etc and it's all available on youtube.

I've watched footage from the Colts, Browns and Chiefs (know your enemy ...) without even having to search for it; youtube has just put it on a plate and it was all really interesting. There's nothing from the Broncos.

I am not saying we need to be Hard Knocks, but in this day and age it's so easy to engage the fanbase without it impacting the team and it fees like we're missing a trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Does it annoy anyone else how poor the Broncos 'behind the scenes' coverage is? There are so many teams out there who are doing in depth documentaries from the team's offseason that include the whole draft process, signing free agents, OTAs etc and it's all available on youtube.

I've watched footage from the Colts, Browns and Chiefs (know your enemy ...) without even having to search for it; youtube has just put it on a plate and it was all really interesting. There's nothing from the Broncos.

I am not saying we need to be Hard Knocks, but in this day and age it's so easy to engage the fanbase without it impacting the team and it fees like we're missing a trick.

Either behind or in front of, coverage pretty much sucks. On the OL and D front 7 I can't even find where guys are lining up and with what units, just occasional puff pieces on individual skill players.

Just one pre-training camp depth chart would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Durant has made an exceptional amount of money in the NBA, but what happened to him last night with the achilles tear is the exact reason why, as a player, you take as much money as you can get as quick as you can get it.

I am someone that thinks these contracts are getting ridiculously out of control (especially in baseball), but I don’t fault any player that goes after the money, if I had the ability to negotiate my pay or go to the highest bidder you’d better believe I’d be doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, germ-x said:

Kevin Durant has made an exceptional amount of money in the NBA, but what happened to him last night with the achilles tear is the exact reason why, as a player, you take as much money as you can get as quick as you can get it.

I am someone that thinks these contracts are getting ridiculously out of control (especially in baseball), but I don’t fault any player that goes after the money, if I had the ability to negotiate my pay or go to the highest bidder you’d better believe I’d be doing it.

What I find interesting about the NBA is that players like KD are actually held back in terms of earnings by the max offer. Not saying it's a bad thing at all; just pointing out that I think KD would've earned a further 60-70% if not for the max offer.

What I hate most about the injury is the people back tracking who were calling him soft in the first place. Danny Kanell is a prime example. He was saying on Monday afternoon that KD should, "show some heart and go out there and battle for his teammates". A day later he's saying, "whilst I do think he's now garnered more respect, the medical staff have to take accountability".

Respect?!? Who the f cares about yours, or the fans respect?!? KD has, and had, nothing to prove to anyone from a heart perspective and now his career potential lies in ruin because of the ridiculous peer and fan pressure that comes from being a professional athlete. You could see within 30 seconds the guy shouldn't be out there. He was barely moving on both ends of the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, germ-x said:

Kevin Durant has made an exceptional amount of money in the NBA, but what happened to him last night with the achilles tear is the exact reason why, as a player, you take as much money as you can get as quick as you can get it.

I am someone that thinks these contracts are getting ridiculously out of control (especially in baseball), but I don’t fault any player that goes after the money, if I had the ability to negotiate my pay or go to the highest bidder you’d better believe I’d be doing it.

I will say I don't think it will effect his money. He will get a max contract still. Just a brutal situation though.....I am legitimately sad and just feel for KD. Such a great game otherwise too. 

I'm assuming he got multiple opinions but it was a terrible look for the organization and just a sad situation

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*whispers* The Colt M4 commando is sill a better weapon system than the FN SCAR...sorry, not sorry 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anything more insufferable to sit through than HOF speeches? The vast majority of them are total tripe. 

“I want to thank my 2nd grade teacher, Mrs Smith”

<pauses to cry>

“My high school coach, Coach Jones, you showed me what it was to be a football player.”

<pauses to cry>

“My mom (and, occasionally) dad, thank you for all the sacrifices you made”

 <pauses to cry>

“My niece/nephew (who wasn’t born when he retired) you’re the light of my life”

<pauses to cry>

The guy who made the type-font for the program they change $50 apiece for. 

<pauses to cry>

Then the teammates, a shout-out to college team, the greatest fans in the world, the coach who made it all come together and on and on and on and on for 40 minutes or more. 

What a waste of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Is there anything more insufferable to sit through than HOF speeches? The vast majority of them are total tripe. 

“I want to thank my 2nd grade teacher, Mrs Smith”

<pauses to cry>

“My high school coach, Coach Jones, you showed me what it was to be a football player.”

<pauses to cry>

“My mom (and, occasionally) dad, thank you for all the sacrifices you made”

 <pauses to cry>

“My niece/nephew (who wasn’t born when he retired) you’re the light of my life”

<pauses to cry>

The guy who made the type-font for the program they change $50 apiece for. 

<pauses to cry>

Then the teammates, a shout-out to college team, the greatest fans in the world, the coach who made it all come together and on and on and on and on for 40 minutes or more. 

What a waste of time. 

Kevin Mawae's was awesome.  Ed Reed's first half of his I thought was very good but it started to ramble on. 

 

But this is the pinnacle of their profession many came from nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was Boss Bailey Champs cousin or brother?

Nevermind just played on tv

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome to see both Pat Bowlen and Champ inducted last night.

Both well deserved. Contributed a lot to the league in their own respective ways.

Denver legends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought nothing could top the anticipation for team drama than 2018 Hard Knocks & Hue Jackson’s CLE preseason.   

I was wrong.   The AB story is just nuts.  Well worth reading all 20 Tweets.  Wow. 

 


 

 

Sent from my iPhone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×