Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

11 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I'd be sick if I were a Bears fan staring down the barrel of 10+ years of Mitch Trubisky when you could have had Pat Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. 

extremely tough to bounce back from that. i was seeing some Bears Super Bowl hype on my timeline too 

49 minutes ago, champ11 said:

extremely tough to bounce back from that. i was seeing some Bears Super Bowl hype on my timeline too 

30 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I doubt he gets 10 + years if he doesn't improve significantly. 

Bears D run game and ST all can be SB championship caliber.   Tru holds them back so much.  GB was stacking NINE in the box daring Tru to beat them.   It’s Blake Bortles V2 if this is the year 3 version.  Their only hope is rust but man that’s iffy given the same issues were there last year too. 

It hurt that TE Burton was out and WR Miller wasn’t 100 percent (he barely played).  But last night was all on Trubisky on O.  

CHI has to bring a Tannehill like vet next year to compete.  That team is too good to waste their SB window like JAX did with Bortles.  

30 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Blake Bortles V2 if this is the year 3 version.  

He was the immediate person that popped in my head watching. That's the risk you take when you select a Junior one year starter at pick 2 in the draft.

Mahomes, I question whether he develops the same way under the Bears, but Watson is a surefire miss.

John Fox was the head coach when Mitch was drafted. 

Edited by thebestever6

Interesting first day. Here’s the things about which I am a) not surprised, b) predicted, c) happy to see and d) all of the above. 

-That hack Adam Gase gets humiliated by Buffalo. 

-The Patriot Way, in this iteration in Miami, doesn’t travel well. 

-See above, via Atlanta with Pioli/Dimitroff.

-See above, I still lol at people who thought hot coordinator Dan Quinn was the preferred hire to 2-time (and then, or now, 3-time) Super Bowl Champion Gary Kubiak. 

-The fraudulent Browns look like trash, their POS QB throws 3 picks; Meltdown coming before October.

-The Kyler Murray/Kliff Kingsbury experiment doesn’t look like it will transform the NFL. 

-Fox will show, and stick with, no matter the score, the Dallas game. Thank God for sports bars. 

-The Colts will be okay without Luck; not because Luck wasn’t a badass (he was) or because Brisset isn’t trash (he’s marginally above average) but because Reich and Ballard are two of the best in the business at their respective jobs. 

-Kyle and John Lynch are building a dynasty in San Fran, even if it takes a few years. 

-Jamies Winston is, has been, and always will be, a million dollar body attached to a 10-cent head.

-We should have traded our entire 2017 lot of picks, or whatever Carolina wanted, to move up to #8 for Christian McCaffery. 

So I was listening to this medium and she asked the group had they ever f****ched a ghost. I was the only one that raised my hand. She was very surprised and was actually very shocked at my honesty, she said I was the first of her clients who f***cked a goat. I still don't see what the big deal is.

2 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

I'm first in the waiver order. Who do I grab?

Ross III
Hollywood Brown 
Chark (who?)
Amendola
Cobb

Brown was on the field for 12 snaps.  Mia is tanking.  Ross got a trick play TD but take that away he still got 5 catches / 70+ yards.   Plus it’s his year 3 so no worries about rookie wall.  I think Hollywood is legit but you have to factor in rookie learning curve, wall and usage.  

The other X factor is CIN O looks so different with Zac Taylor at the helm.   There are targets to be had.   Ross FTW. 

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Brown was on the field for 12 snaps.  Mia is tanking.  Ross got a trick play TD but take that away he still got 5 catches / 70+ yards.   Plus it’s his year 3 so no worries about rookie wall.  I think Hollywood is legit but you have to factor in rookie learning curve, wall and usage.  

The other X factor is CIN O looks so different with Zac Taylor at the helm.   There are targets to be had.   Ross FTW. 

Do you like Ross over John Brown and Terry Mclaurin as well?

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Do you like Ross over John Brown and Terry Mclaurin as well?

Mclaurin yes.  

But John Brown is the top guy in BAL.  That matters a ton.  

Brown, then Ross.  

Ross, then Hollywood.  

Obviously talking redraft.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Mclaurin yes.  

But John Brown is the top guy in BAL.  That matters a ton.  

Brown, then Ross.  

Ross, then Hollywood.  

Obviously talking redraft.  

My waivers are $150 auction. And my bench depth is horrible. 

Oj Howard is te

Debating whether to go for a te like hockenson, or mark Andrews with a lesser (flyer) Deon Cain wr to replace Anthony Miller on my bench thinking also have Henderson on the rams I can replace and Damian Harris patriots.

Or go for a surer thing wr.