Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

My waivers are $150 auction. And my bench depth is horrible. 

Oj Howard is te

Debating whether to go for a te like hockenson, or mark Andrews with a lesser (flyer) Deon Cain wr to replace Anthony Miller on my bench thinking also have Henderson on the rams I can replace and Damian Harris patriots.

Or go for a surer thing wr.

I think the biggest mistake is to save $ for later.  I’d get a TE simply because both are possible top 12 guys.  They will have trade value.   But Brown / Ross are worth claiming in virtually every format but 10-team 2-WR leagues. 

I’d find space for a TE and Brown.  If it’s redraft I’m ok with replacing Miller.   But keep him in mind because he was on the field for 22 percent snap share after missing all preseason.  That screams sitting for injury recovery.  After watching Taylor Gabriel and Cordarelle Patterson be wretched Miller is in line to start soon and get a big target share.  He and ARob are clearly the best WR there.  The reason why I’m ok with it is against our DB corps I doubt he gets claimed.  But a sneaky week 3-4 pickup with byes coming.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

And just when you thought the AB saga couldn't get any crazier....WOW.   In this era, given the PR hits he's taken already...I don't think he's going to survive this one if there's even a hint of merit.  Don't see how he can play until they resolve this one - at least playing AT MIA with the suit originating in South Florida (I mean they could win by 14+ without him this week).  WOW.

Edited by Broncofan

Okay, it makes too much sense for this team to go after Minkah Fitzpatrick so I don't want to get my hopes up. Of course a lot of teams would want a great young DB on a rookie deal but we need young defensive back talent badly and this can satisfy Elway's "win now" mentality while giving us another building block who's under team control for three more years. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Okay, it makes too much sense for this team to go after Minkah Fitzpatrick so I don't want to get my hopes up. Of course a lot of teams would want a great young DB on a rookie deal but we need young defensive back talent badly and this can satisfy Elway's "win now" mentality while giving us another building block who's under team control for three more years. 

Why would we trade a high draft pick for someone that doesn’t fill a need position? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Why would we trade a high draft pick for someone that doesn’t fill a need position? 

Depends on the pick.  If it’s a 3rd because Mia is in sell mode Minkah will be cheap for 2 years and then franchise tag eligible for. 3rd year.   That’s a no brainer.   Kareem Jackson is 31 and CHJ  is a goner after this year.

If it’s for a 1st - 2nd given how early we might be picking no way.  

Edited by Broncofan

26 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Depends on the pick.  If it’s a 3rd because Mia is in sell mode Minkah will be cheap for 2 years and then franchise tag eligible for. 3rd year.   That’s a no brainer.   Kareem Jackson is 31 and CHJ  is a goner after this year.

Talk is that they want a first, but the minimum they'd settle for is a second. Honestly there are better options to get Yiadom off the field:

- Sign Aaron Colvin on a prove-it deal for the rest of the season. The Texans basically rage cut him because of one boneheaded play, but he's a decent CB3 who can start whilst Callahan is out.

- Move Jackson back to corner and give Will Parks more playing time at safety. Promote Jamal Carter up from the practice squad to replace Parks' role as the nickel LB.

I'm also willing to write Monday off as a bad day at the office for Isaac Yiadom. He's a young player who impressed me in spot duty last season. Given we aren't a contender this year I'd be willing to leave him out there with some safety help from Justin Simmons and let him develop.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

What kinda comp pick at we expected to receive for Barrett?

Would Minkahs 5th year option be eligible still through a trade?

I agree about a 2nd or first being too high you never pay full price we're not a Houston type contender/desperate. If we can get Minkah for a 3rd and flip Harris for a 3rd/4th minimum I think that's worth it long term.

Edited by thebestever6