Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Again, guys - can we please remember Daniel Jones before coming on here next Spring after the draft, moaning and complaining about our 1st round pick if you haven't even seen them play.

Has anyone got a video collection of 'experts' after that pick? I would love to see it. I'm absolutely made up for the kid. Took more heat than I've ever seen for a guy who's never played a game in the NFL and he's lighting it up.

I liked Daniel Jones as a late first round qb thought the 3rd round pick talk was hot take bs. 

Manziel late first, Weeden, Tebow, Lynch, Lamar Jackson, Brady Quinn, Teddy Bridgewater off top of my head.

The Giants got their guy that's all that matters. The biggest debate is whether they could of gotten him at 6 or 17 which is irrelevant because they got their guy. I think Gettleman being a tool in pressers and in general made the pick look worse than had too.

Edited by thebestever6

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Re: Shaq - I wonder what would have happened had the Browns selected Bradley Chubb like we all expected. Would we have gone QB? Picked Ward? Either way, it wouldn't have been another pass rusher and Shaq would have been a starter in Denver.

It's not a criticism - just interesting to look back occasionally.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/05/2018-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-denver-broncos-trade/amp/

Been widely reported that we’d agreed in principle to a deal with Buffalo but we baulked on it once it became clear Chubb was there for the taking. 

• Like 1

5th year options are extremely overrated for First round qbs. Wentz extended after year 3, Goff After year 3, Mahomes will be extended during year 3, Dak Prescott most likely during year 4. Russell Wilson has made a million dollars less in his career than Andrew Luck.

Mariota and Winston they were picked up. Really haven't seen much other than regression. Bortles was also extended. 

Only player it might help with negotiation is Lamar Jackson due to play style. Either they're your guy by year 3 or you look for change. 

Edited by thebestever6

12 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Well fellas we’re getting upwards of a foot of snow this weekend so cheer the squad on for me I’ll be bunkered down 🥶😂

Where are ya? I’m in Kalispell right now visiting my folks. So far the monster storm predicted hasn’t materialized.

On another note, get to watch the Broncos tomorrow with my dad. It’s a very rare occurrence now after watching almost every game between 1963 and 1973 with him, either from the stands (20 year season ticket holders) or TV. At 97 he’s still the best judge of OL talent I’ve ever seen . He naps through most games but I’ll put him through his paces tomorrow.

I’ll send you all his analysis. I’m pretty excited guys. Not sure how many more times we’ll do this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Where are ya? I’m in Kalispell right now visiting my folks. So far the monster storm predicted hasn’t materialized.

On another note, get to watch the Broncos tomorrow with my dad. It’s a very rare occurrence now after watching almost every game between 1963 and 1973 with him, either from the stands (20 year season ticket holders) or TV. At 97 he’s still the best judge of OL talent I’ve ever seen . He naps through most games but I’ll put him through his paces tomorrow.

I’ll send you all his analysis. I’m pretty excited guys. Not sure how many more times we’ll do this.

I’m down dead center of the state haha.  We’ve got a foot and counting power was out yesterday 

Haskins is very agile in the pocket for a guy his size and he's super young. Has very good touch on passes. As far as making reads he's very raw.

I just don't see should have been a top 10 pick with him. He may have been a first rounder. I don't think he's almost a full round of picks better than Lock though potential wise.

On 9/28/2019 at 12:23 PM, thebestever6 said:

5th year options are extremely overrated for First round qbs. Wentz extended after year 3, Goff After year 3, Mahomes will be extended during year 3, Dak Prescott most likely during year 4. Russell Wilson has made a million dollars less in his career than Andrew Luck.

Mariota and Winston they were picked up. Really haven't seen much other than regression. Bortles was also extended. 

Only player it might help with negotiation is Lamar Jackson due to play style. Either they're your guy by year 3 or you look for change. 

5th year options only apply to 1st rounders.  

I’d actually say the case with Mariota & Winston show both sides of the coin.  It sure looks like TEN will avoid commiting long term dollars to Mariota but TAM looks pretty locked into Winston.   The only reason they aren’t 3-1 with Winston playing great is the HC tried to kill clock for the entire 2H vs. NYG, played prevent D and then played for the FG with 18 secs left and 1 TO at the 8 yard line (and intentionallly took a 5 yard delay of game penalty thinking it was too close for the K - who had already missed 2 XP that game).