Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Side note - Bradley Roby is quietly having a great year in HOU.  On paper, he gave up the 1st TD to Tyreek Hill, but that was actually underthrown and on Mathieu, not him.  Until he went out yesterday, he had done a nice job on Hill (Hill's later work came after he exited, 2nd TD was only a few plays later IIRC - watching at Canuck Turkey Day with lots of ppl around, so harder to track lol).  And he's part of the reason why HOU has really improved their pass D in a huge way. 

I had no problem with us letting him walk, in Fangio's zone scheme he would have been a terrible fit (Barrett was again a situation where he wanted to start).  But good for him for turning it around elsewhere.   At least he should fetch a good return comp-pick wise in the formula even with the injury, IIRC if he's not put on IR, then it won't be enough time to count against us.

Edited by Broncofan

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

You just cannot call that 2nd illegal hands to the face unless you are 1000000% sure. That is egregious.

That game was the difference between the Lions being 1st in the division and last. 

The same incorrect call...twice.  Which extended drives each time.  Add to that the incorrect head shot penalty on DET with Allison concussion (has to be intent and not as a result of playing the ball) and the missed DPI that’s 4 big calls that went against DET.  And again extended 2 drives.   The last one a FG likely but they 1:38 left for DET to drive and get a Prater FG.   Who was 2/2 from 50+.  Man. 

It’s totally fair to say DET should have done more than get 5 FG and 1 TD for all of their chances.  But it’s not even 1 call it’s 2 incorrect drive-saving calls for GB late and overall 4 egregious ref mistakes against DET.   It’s just an awful look for the refs and the league on MNF.  

23 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

With his retirement today it got me thinking about Brock Osweiler. 

What's the true difference between Brock Osweiler and Jay Cutler other than Jay is the superior Quarterback?

If Brock was left in and won a superbowl how much different is his legacy compared to say a nick foles?

Well we won despite horrible QB play.  But it was mostly mistake free football.  Who knows what Oz would do.  TO’s are what got him benched.   SB50 is a shining example of a complete generational D overcoming a meh QB / O to get the crown.  

Foles on the other hand went on a massive heater.  He accounted for 4 TD’s and outduelled TB12 throwing for 500+.   Not even close to the same legacy for a SB win.  

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Foles on the other hand went on a massive heater.  He accounted for 4 TD’s and outduelled TB12 throwing for 500+.   Not even close to the same legacy for a SB win.

You're right Oz would of probably stunk up the joint in the playoffs. I just always wondered what would of happened if Brock was drafted by Philadelphia and Foles Denver.

I mean that eagles team had tremendous talent on offense with a top 5 oline, and an excellent,aggressive, innovative coaching staff. Would Brock have been too stubborn to return to Philly? 

He returned to Denver

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

That baby shark thing the Nationals do is so cringe. And don't get me started on the fully grown adults dressed as Sharks (without kids).

Furry fetish has got to be the strangest thing that's actually somewhat popular that I've ever heard of in a while...which is saying something lol.

Edited by Broncofan

28 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Is this a reference to the bbw post? Are you owning it now?

I've never stopped owning that lol.  But that's not even on the radar of weird.....this is animals, dude....and cartoon ones...

Edited by Broncofan