Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

If anyone wonders why I say we are at least another year away from serious contention - besides our roster lacking talent depth, the fact we have to catch KC to play January home games should remind us.  

Today couldn’t have been a better set-up for them to fail - but Mahomes and that O are something else.   And the D is actually ok especially with Chris Jones back (DC Spagnolo is a huge asset for them).  That was a world class beat down after the crazy 24-0 start (BOB lol wow though).  

It doesn’t change the optimism we should have overall but the gap between us and KC is at least 2 offseasons of work away from being close.    Don’t take short cuts to win now Elway.   Keep the youth movement strong.  

It pains me but Mahomes is "the one". We could be up against a 15-20 year run for a Michael Jordan equivalent. Twice a year. But if we keep the Raiders and Chargers in the basement, Denver will have their chances. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

10-year career with league record with 2000+ tackles.

7-time Pro Bowler (which yeah, I get it, it's flawed, but come on, 7x)

3-time All-Pro

2-time TEAM MVP

1978 Defensive Player of the Year.

I mean, absolute elite play at his peak, longevity, and impact.    The argument of no SB's rings hollow when there are lots of guys without rings who made it in (Harold Carmichael another example in this class).

I usually don't care that much about the HoF, but if you are going to put 10 vets in there, Gradishar being excluded is just nuts.  I can only hope this error is corrected eventually.  SMH.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

It’s pathetic that no one from that defense has gotten in and even more so that Broncos only have 1 defensive HOF. 

Atwater will make it 2, but it's still a travesty that Gradishar didn't get in.   A no-brainer call. 

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

It’s pathetic that no one from that defense has gotten in and even more so that Broncos only have 1 defensive HOF. 

Louis Wright was probably the best player on that D. I've heard "he didn't have enough INT's." Yeah, no sh*t. You were out of your mind if you threw his way.

The most dominant CB of his era.

Guys like Billy Thompson really got screwed. One of the best safeties in the league for years and only made a couple of Pro Bowls. Trust me, market bias was huge. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 7:28 AM, iLikeDefense said:

Mahomes looked so relaxed even when they were struggling. He’s a killer man. Lamar didn’t look so relaxed, after that first INT, he looked a bit off and went down hill from there.

Jackson is a flash in the pan. The guys is exciting as hell, he’s as dynamic as I’ve seen and I think he’s a better passer, and in a much better situation, than Vick was in Atlanta nearly 20 years ago. 

That said, his career won’t last more than 3 or 4 years. Hes an injury waiting to happen and you’re only 22 once. He’s also not mentally strong, as we saw Saturday night. 

Maholmes is the opposite, his in-game demeanor and what he has between the ears is akin to Brady and Wilson. Also, like Wilson and Brady, he is in the perfect situation with the perfect HC. A lot of it is a result of having a parent who was a professional athlete himself, in that regard he is like Peyton and Eli. 

If he stays healthy and doesn’t eat up the $50m in yearly cap space he could conceivably command, the Chiefs will be the class of the AFCW for a dozen years and will win multiple Super Bowls. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Jackson is a flash in the pan. The guys is exciting as hell, he’s as dynamic as I’ve seen and I think he’s a better passer, and in a much better situation, than Vick was in Atlanta nearly 20 years ago. 

That said, his career won’t last more than 3 or 4 years. Hes an injury waiting to happen and you’re only 22 once. He’s also not mentally strong, as we saw Saturday night. 

Maholmes is the opposite, his in-game demeanor and what he has between the ears is akin to Brady and Wilson. Also, like Wilson and Brady, he is in the perfect situation with the perfect HC. A lot of it is a result of having a parent who was a professional athlete himself, in that regard he is like Peyton and Eli. 

If he stays healthy and doesn’t eat up the $50m in yearly cap space he could conceivably command, the Chiefs will be the class of the AFCW for a dozen years and will win multiple Super Bowls. 

Loll about Jackson as a flash in a pan. Same thinking that had him drop to the end of the first and why all these franchises continue to stick themselves in purgatory with trash QBs - but hey - they fit the traditional mold!  Lamar is the league MVP - and the most exciting player in the NFL - at age 22 .... so saying he won't last 3 to 4 years because he is skinny and because he runs the football is good. When is the last time he got hurt? He's not mentally strong? What does that even mean?

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I pretty much agree. Jacksons just the latest version of Randall Cunningham. 

Mahomes is another matter all together. There was speculation for years in the 80's about what you'd have at QB if you could put Marinos head on Elways shoulders. I think we have the answer. 

6 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I pretty much agree. Jacksons just the latest version of Randall Cunningham. 

Mahomes is another matter all together. There was speculation for years in the 80's about what you'd have at QB if you could put Marinos head on Elways shoulders. I think we have the answer. 

how many MVPs did Cunningham win?