Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

BoB is a shining example of why you don’t let guys be the HC/GM.   He’s burning through the future health in a misguided attempt to win now.   With a team that’s just not there, and for which he traded away his biggest core piece on O outside of Watson.  There’s one BB success story vs. all the other failed attempts.   SMH.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Broncofan said:

BoB is a shining example of why you don’t let guys be the HC/GM.   He’s burning through the future health in a misguided attempt to win now.   With a team that’s just not there, and for which he traded away his biggest core piece on O outside of Watson.  There’s one BB success story vs. all the other failed attempts.   SMH.  

the randall cobb deal is absolutely wild

Totally random, but one of my uncle’s friends used to live in Washington and got to go to a Seahawks practice once. According to him, he would have bet $10,000 that in full pads, no one in NFL history could have outrun Joey Galloway in a 25-30 yard race. I know of him, but never followed him a lot during his career. Obviously there is probably a little bit of hyperbole there, but I’m curious if any of you followed him at all? When it comes to legendary speed demons, you don’t hear him get brought up quite as much as some of the others. 

2 hours ago, 1234567 said:

Totally random, but one of my uncle’s friends used to live in Washington and got to go to a Seahawks practice once. According to him, he would have bet $10,000 that in full pads, no one in NFL history could have outrun Joey Galloway in a 25-30 yard race. I know of him, but never followed him a lot during his career. Obviously there is probably a little bit of hyperbole there, but I’m curious if any of you followed him at all? When it comes to legendary speed demons, you don’t hear him get brought up quite as much as some of the others. 

I actually watched Galloway quite a bit as he was on one of my first ever fantasy teams.  He was an elite deep threat, even as he aged.

That was before PPR and he could go over 1000 yards with under 60 receptions. 

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1234567 said:

Y’all, Joey Galloway was lightning. 

• Like 1

Galloway could fly, and he was so much better of a player than his career output would indicate as tends to be the case with deep threats. DeSean Jackson is another great example of that. Galloway lost what should have been the peak of his career to injuries and played with terrible QBs in Dallas. He was still a dangerous player well into his 30s. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Galloway could fly, and he was so much better of a player than his career output would indicate as tends to be the case with deep threats. DeSean Jackson is another great example of that. Galloway lost what should have been the peak of his career to injuries and played with terrible QBs in Dallas. He was still a dangerous player well into his 30s. 

The first comparison I could think of for him was Desean Jackson for people that hadn’t seen him.  He could just make that big of an impact on the game within minimal touches.

Not to derail this, but at worst I think Henry Ruggs has similar production to Joey Galloway....which is why I like Ruggs so much. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Holy hell cmac getting 17 mill a year makes Gordon look like a steal for 8

Christian McCaffrey’s averaged 2175 yards from scrimmage and 16 TD’s per season the last two years. Melvin Gordon’s been good for 1150 yards and 11.5 TD’s. These guys are not comparable. 

• Like 3

Holy hell cmac getting 17 mill a year makes Gordon look like a steal for 8

CMac is unbelievably good. He would easily be the best offensive non-QB to ever play for Denver if he was here. And no, I didn't forget about Terrell Davis. 

That offense had so little talent last season and he still was a freaking stud. When you watch him, your watching all time greatness. Gordon is a sandwich artist compared to him. 

So rumor is OBJ is possibly heading to Minnesota for a 2nd and 5th, Next Year!  Would you be interested in bringing him here for that compensation, seems cheap. 

Nope, OBJ is all the worst types of diva. Sometimes you gamble on the hot headed diva that also goes to bat for your squad, but OBJ is 100% about OBJ. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010
  • Like 1