Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

3 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

That's right that Rockets team also Clyde and Hakeem; tough to beat.  But, I still think the Bulls, with MJ's will to win, would have toppled them.  And, who would have the Bulls gotten in return for Pippen?  Kemp, Payton?  Shrempt? 

I don’t know the particulars of that potential deal but I don’t think they were going to give up any of their stars. Just a typical 70 cents on the dollar superstar trade with draft picks and young role players. That Sonics team could have been one of the best ever. Imagine a defense led by Payton and Pippen.

4 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The guy’s incredible. Wish he had stayed. I guess weather/home trumps money/winning. 

I mean, whichever team he went to was going to be a title contender since the Clippers thing was contingent on landing Paul George. I think the Clippers thing offered the best of all worlds. Home, weather, opportunity to win and relative anonymity in a Lakers town. 

12 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I mean, whichever team he went to was going to be a title contender since the Clippers thing was contingent on landing Paul George. I think the Clippers thing offered the best of all worlds. Home, weather, opportunity to win and relative anonymity in a Lakers town. 

There’s 100% a better chance to win a title with the Raps over the Clips. Better coach, better long term roster, better travel schedule. 

5 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

There’s 100% a better chance to win a title with the Raps over the Clips. Better coach, better long term roster, better travel schedule. 

Not enough of a difference to compensate for the other advantages of being in LA. Clippers were the preseason favorites to win the title, Lakers would have been Golden State with KD-esque favorites with Kawhi, Raptors would have been first or second to the Lakers. No bad choice, except he didn’t want to live in Toronto.

2 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Would the Bulls have won eight in a row if MJ hadn't decided to take two years off?  And if they had would they have been the best dynasty of any sport?  I always forget about hockey teams, I just don't know that much about hockey other than the Oilers and Canadiens seem to carry the torch of having the best teams. 

I think the Bulls win in 94 with MJ since Horace is still there. However, Houston gives them a tough series. They played the Bulls tough in the early-90's. In 1995, it depends on where Grant goes. If he still leaves, Chicago probably doesn't even make the Finals. If not, I still think that the Rockets could beat them with Drexler.

After that, it depends on where Rodman goes. The Bulls were better off in the late-90's with him. If they don't have Dennis, I don't see an eight-peat.

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

45 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Not enough of a difference to compensate for the other advantages of being in LA. Clippers were the preseason favorites to win the title, Lakers would have been Golden State with KD-esque favorites with Kawhi, Raptors would have been first or second to the Lakers. No bad choice, except he didn’t want to live in Toronto.

Oh, I don’t wanna make it seem like he shouldn’t have made the decision he did, because he’s allowed to do whatever he wants, value whatever he wants, and that’s awesome. But his title chances would’ve been better over his next (now current) contract had he stuck around in Toronto. While making more money. 

4 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Nevermind, it was a Kemp for Pippen trade and their plan was to sign Horace Grant in FA. That team definitely wins at least one title. And Shawn Kemp would have driven MJ crazy.

I can't imagine what team with Kemp and Jordan would have looked like...well actually it would have been to watch, but could they have worked together like Jordan and Pippen did?

4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I can't imagine what team with Kemp and Jordan would have looked like...well actually it would have been to watch, but could they have worked together like Jordan and Pippen did?

I don't think MJ would have come back if Pippen wasn't there.

• Like 1

Anyone hear about the cat fight between Michael Lombardi and Boomer Esiason? 

Being a part-time journalist I follow these things more closely than most. The thing is that both are total jerks and I cannot stand either, never have. But what's funny is that what Lombardi, a noted Patriots apologist, is doing here is attempting to help his buddy Belichick. Lombardi's thinking is that if he can damage Tua's stock, with inside information from Lombardi/Belichick mutual friend Nick Saban (another whose face I wouldn't piss on if his hair was on fire), he can fall to a spot in the draft where Belichick might be able to trade up and snag him.