Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

On 6/19/2020 at 8:02 AM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Baseball had a very good chance of being the only sport on TV this summer. But they have continually messed this up. Now they’re talking universal DH and advertising patches on uniforms? This is going to be like the 1994 strike season all over again. It’ll that them a decade to recover from this PR disaster 

Absolutely insane. I know there are people with strong stances on both sides (owners/players), but at the end of the day both sides are at fault here.

Unbelievable.

• Like 2

Juat want to ask random people random thoughts and how I should go about future endeavors 

So I'm bipolar and Everytime I share that with a friend a potential partner they get freaked out and cut me off. Should I stop disclosing that info? How should I go about it? I wear my illness like a badge of another lol. 

A girl I was very closed to in college I recently caught up with on Snapchat she was so pleasant in the convos and sent me a pic meant for someone else talking bad about me than videos detailing similar things.

Tried to open up to my brother about it and he flipped out in a rage of fury of me sharing it. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Juat want to ask random people random thoughts and how I should go about future endeavors 

So I'm bipolar and Everytime I share that with a friend a potential partner they get freaked out and cut me off. Should I stop disclosing that info? How should I go about it? I wear my illness like a badge of another lol. 

A girl I was very closed to in college I recently caught up with on Snapchat she was so pleasant in the convos and sent me a pic meant for someone else talking bad about me than videos detailing similar things.

Tried to open up to my brother about it and he flipped out in a rage of fury of me sharing it. 

You weren’t that close to her if she would do that to you. Honestly these people may not be real friends if they are cutting you off, unless you did something to them and told them being bipolar was the reasoning. And perhaps the cutting off was more of the action and not the explanation of what you live with day after day.  I don’t know all of the details and how you are presenting it. I think there is a time and stage of any relationship that it should be able to be shared. All relationships are different. Some tell people straight off the bat, and then some tell people down the line when they sense they were ready to know. It’s about reading people. If people truly love and care about you they will support you. Perhaps showing them you are working on any issues that have arisen will help as well. I have another friend I’ll ask if he would like to share in here. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I too have bipolar disordrr. In my experience people like to pretend like mental illness isn't a thing. People make fun of depression, bipolar disorder, etc because they don't understand it. Honestly, it isn't something you should be ashamed of BUT you should share it only with the people that you can truly trust. People who are gonna be there regardless of the presence of imperfection. I respect that you wear it as a badge of honor but others view it as a 'burden from my experience. People who are gonna treat you poorly because of it, they're not worth your time. My wife, God love her, sticks by me even though I can be an a-hole. My #1 advice here, get someone to talk to. Bipolar disorder as I'm sure you know is a very intense disorder. It doesn't get easier to manage as you're older. I don't share it with anyone that I've not been friends with a long time, created a strong bond with. 

Everyone is different so what works for me might not work for you. But don't let yourself think for a second you're the problem when someone dogs you for being a human with a disorder. A

2nd piece of advice, You are NOT bipolar. You are a person with bipolar disorder. Point simply, don't define yourself by your disorder, you're more complex than that. 

ny time you need to talk, my inbox is never left full.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I too have bipolar disordrr. In my experience people like to pretend like mental illness isn't a thing. People make fun of depression, bipolar disorder, etc because they don't understand it. Honestly, it isn't something you should be ashamed of BUT you should share it only with the people that you can truly trust. People who are gonna be there regardless of the presence of imperfection. I respect that you wear it as a badge of honor but others view it as a 'burden from my experience. People who are gonna treat you poorly because of it, they're not worth your time. My wife, God love her, sticks by me even though I can be an a-hole. My #1 advice here, get someone to talk to. Bipolar disorder as I'm sure you know is a very intense disorder. It doesn't get easier to manage as you're older. I don't share it with anyone that I've not been friends with a long time, created a strong bond with. 

Everyone is different so what works for me might not work for you. But don't let yourself think for a second you're the problem when someone dogs you for being a human with a disorder. A

2nd piece of advice, You are NOT bipolar. You are a person with bipolar disorder. Point simply, don't define yourself by your disorder, you're more complex than that. 

Thanks WW I didn’t want to tag you without asking you first in PM. 

• Like 1

I really want to press on the point that WW made about you not being bipolar. In the mental health field we strive to drive the point home that the person comes before the illness or disorder. Regardless of what it is. So as an example a child is not an autistic child, they are a child with autism. As WW pointed out you are so much more than a label. 

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Thago what I said to a girl on POF she said never State that right away if you're managing it well and k said I appreciate your feedback hopefully I'm not on here much longer lol. Then she kept going on and on and I said listen look I really appreciate you sticking around to give me feedback more than most girls can say . 

I added questions for her to answer tl break the ice and said I reveal it asap because I feel empowered by doing that and I like transparency. I said you seem like your justifying a reason to stop talkt I challenge you to move on and she blocked me shame.

Does the depression take over as you age? I do have bad behaviors lol they say it is part of the disorder but there's a decent chanceu life could end I'm suicide so why not get a motorcycle and go skydiving I feel empowered lol.

Thanks for sharing man means the world

Edited by thebestever6

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Thago what I said to a girl on POF she said never State that right away if you're managing it well and k said I appreciate your feedback hopefully I'm not on here much longer lol. Then she kept going on and on and I said listen look I really appreciate you sticking around to give me feedback more than most girls can say . 

I added questions for her to answer tl break the ice and said I reveal it asap because I feel empowered by doing that and I like transparency. I said you seem like your justifying a reason to stop talkt I challenge you to move on and she blocked me shame.

Does the depression take over as you age? I do have bad behaviors lol they say it is part of the disorder but there's a decent chanceu life could end I'm suicide so why not get a motorcycle and go skydiving I feel empowered lol.

Thanks for sharing man means the world

Honestly first of all that is exactly what Bipolar disorder is essentially. As quick as the clouds turn gray your mood can suddenly change. Any number of things could trigger it. Sometimes you'll just wake up and you can feel it.

With depression, I definitely feel it more now than when I was younger but I think that's because I'm acknowledging my past more. If you have depressed thoughts, it can often be a separate issue from the bipolar disorder, though Bipolar does cause depression.  That's something to keep in mind. Don't let it go untreated. I still struggle with my temper at times and I wish I could tell you it gets easier but that would be a lie. But when you have the right people around you, I mean for me, It's manageable.  I've experienced the deepest pits of depression and experienced moments im not proud of because of bipolar disorder but ive also come a long way thanks to my wife and kids and family. 

The biggest thing I struggled with is asking for help. It took a long time for me to be able to do that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly first of all that is exactly what Bipolar disorder is essentially. As quick as the clouds turn gray your mood can suddenly change. Any number of things could trigger it. Sometimes you'll just wake up and you can feel it.

With depression, I definitely feel it more now than when I was younger but I think that's because I'm acknowledging my past more. If you have depressed thoughts, it can often be a separate issue from the bipolar disorder, though Bipolar does cause depression.  That's something to keep in mind. Don't let it go untreated. I still struggle with my temper at times and I wish I could tell you it gets easier but that would be a lie. But when you have the right people around you, I mean for me, It's manageable.  I've experienced the deepest pits of depression and experienced moments im not proud of because of bipolar disorder but ive also come a long way thanks to my wife and kids and family. 

The biggest thing I struggled with is asking for help. It took a long time for me to be able to do that.

I love help but I was told I probably had it 10 years I am lacking in success compared to friends a lot of it is the disorder so I'm already having regrets yes time moves one way but if I was medicated managing it where could I be now,? Life would be. Lot easier it already is.

Yesterday I had a girl who we both crushed on each other type the nicest kindest messages and she offered therapy o kindly declined statimg k didn't want to get too personal with her.

She sent me videos on snap chat lol I was very delighted with excitement of what could it be she looked amazing sounded amazing but my emotional intelligence lacks and it wasn't excitement it was manirfactued uncomfortable ness I took blame for every thing and said I'll never message again after making an excuse the first video saying that was meant for someone else she couldn't lie anymore that was my situation.

I was super emotional and it triggered am event which is scary I was uemedicated one day I don't even think they would have stopped it it was traumatic.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:49 PM, thebestever6 said:

I love help but I was told I probably had it 10 years I am lacking in success compared to friends a lot of it is the disorder so I'm already having regrets yes time moves one way but if I was medicated managing it where could I be now,? Life would be. Lot easier it already is.

Yesterday I had a girl who we both crushed on each other type the nicest kindest messages and she offered therapy o kindly declined statimg k didn't want to get too personal with her.

She sent me videos on snap chat lol I was very delighted with excitement of what could it be she looked amazing sounded amazing but my emotional intelligence lacks and it wasn't excitement it was manirfactued uncomfortable ness I took blame for every thing and said I'll never message again after making an excuse the first video saying that was meant for someone else she couldn't lie anymore that was my situation.

I was super emotional and it triggered am event which is scary I was uemedicated one day I don't even think they would have stopped it it was traumatic.

I would definitely suggest getting someone to talk to like @wwhickok has suggested. I was diagnosed at age 21. Almost 12 years ago. I’ve had some bad moments. However I don’t think it affects me as significantly as it affects others based on shared stories. I am moody and irritable and have manic episodes that are fleeting and brief and not to the extent of others, and they are not very often. I would say I am mild compared to most. My depression comes in waves and I can usually sense when it’s coming. I call it the darkness. My friends and family know to give me space just by mentioning the words “the darkness is coming”. Sounds bleak and dreary I know but it helps me and others to understand. Took time to get them to understand but I’m in a good place now. My profession has helped me overcome so much of my own issues because I am helping others. It has been my saving grace. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

thought this was relevant for us .... and of course Kyle should be our coach smh

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2020/6/23/21299668/49ers-receivers-deebo-samuel-brandon-aiyuk-kyle-shanahan 

also incredible peyton manning recruitment article on the athletic if you have access 

We did have Kyles apprentice but decided to go in a different direction.

• 2 weeks later...