Jump to content
AnAngryAmerican

Random Thoughts

Recommended Posts

Is it me, or do the Nuggets look like they just completely lost interest in playing this season? On paper, they should have only gotten better since last year’s playoffs. But after watching a couple of their games this series, I’m sayin 10/10 last year’s Nuggets would have destroyed this squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 9:45 PM, broncofan48 said:

Reading the camp observations;

 

Peyton Manning was there and at one point commented “we could have a good team”

Its always jumped out to me how he seems to embrace Denver more than Indy.  Is that just me?

Oh yeah. Indy did him dirty and he’ll never completely reconcile that. They literally ripped his heart out. Elway/Colorado welcomed him with open arms, believed in him, and went out and got him all the pieces he needed to win. He’s our quarterback now, and always will be. It’s why Peyton still lives in Denver, it’s why he still refers to the Broncos as “we,” and it’s why he chose to retire as a Bronco. Just wait till his HOF speech. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 1234567 said:

Is it me, or do the Nuggets look like they just completely lost interest in playing this season? On paper, they should have only gotten better since last year’s playoffs. But after watching a couple of their games this series, I’m sayin 10/10 last year’s Nuggets would have destroyed this squad. 

Honestly watching this series I would say that it is a mixture of Denver being out coached and Donovan Mitchell breaking out into superstar status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not having Barton and Harris makes a big difference especially Harris with his defense. Millsap also looks washed up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If PopOvich is available as HC, the Nugs have to consider right? He lovesaid Jokic. Can we imaginexpect what he'd do with this team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the spurs really going to let Pop go? Dude misses the playoffs for the first time IN HIS CAREER as HC and they’re going to call it good? I like Malone but yeah, you do that every day. Pop has (admittedly distant) Colorado ties being a USAFA alumn so maybe he’d be willing to come back. Likely just a pipe dream though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Are the spurs really going to let Pop go? Dude misses the playoffs for the first time IN HIS CAREER as HC and they’re going to call it good? I like Malone but yeah, you do that every day. Pop has (admittedly distant) Colorado ties being a USAFA alumn so maybe he’d be willing to come back. Likely just a pipe dream though

Yeah, I am not sure.  I saw on Bleacher Report that Brooklyn would have an interest.  Pop can take your high school JV team and make the playoffs with them.  He'd have collectively more talent on the Nuggets than he did with the Spurs when they had Duncan, Genobli, and Parker.  I think, anyways.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

Not having Barton and Harris makes a big difference especially Harris with his defense. Millsap also looks washed up.

Yeah it would appear that age finally caught up to him. Happened really quickly too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Yeah it would appear that age finally caught up to him. Happened really quickly too. 

He was petty good last year, so his decline certainly didn't help. I just hope we don't just lay down. Fight until it's over.

And the Avs are down 2-0 😖

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jazz are playing great. And I think Snyder has outcoached Malone, but Malone has been pretty strapped when it comes to personnel. The Nuggets essentially have Jerami Grant as the one playable good defensive player this series. Jokic can be a good defender but not against a spread PnR with the lob threat like Utah. 

The Jazz also can't stop the Nuggets. I think game 2 was pure brilliance by Donovan Mitchell to blow the nuggets out. The Nuggets tried to match Jokic vs Gobert in the paint in game 2 vs Mitchell...and Mitchell (and Clarkson and Conley smh) have just been unconscious shooting wise. The Nuggets switched up their scheme to something that eventually worked in game 5 in game 2 and the Jazz killed it.  I think after game 2 - where Gobert showed he can hang with Jokic in the paint and with Utah drilling threes - nuggets knew they needed Jokic to stay on the perimeter and bomb threes. Missed them in game 4 and they lost. Made them in game 5 and they won.

No excuse for game three for the Nuggets. That was embarrassing.

But for the most part it's a fairly evenly matched series. I think the Jazz are the better team with the matchup and Mitchell playing like mf'ing James Harden on the pull up threes. But if they start to cool off a little bit (like they did in 4th Q game 5) the Nuggets can win the series. Every game should be close. Murray looks like he is also making a major leap. 

Great series and love chopping it up with my guy @jonnyj20 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, champ11 said:

The Jazz are playing great. And I think Snyder has outcoached Malone, but Malone has been pretty strapped when it comes to personnel. The Nuggets essentially have Jerami Grant as the one playable good defensive player this series. Jokic can be a good defender but not against a spread PnR with the lob threat like Utah. 

The Jazz also can't stop the Nuggets. I think game 2 was pure brilliance by Donovan Mitchell to blow the nuggets out. The Nuggets tried to match Jokic vs Gobert in the paint in game 2 vs Mitchell...and Mitchell (and Clarkson and Conley smh) have just been unconscious shooting wise. The Nuggets switched up their scheme to something that eventually worked in game 5 in game 2 and the Jazz killed it.  I think after game 2 - where Gobert showed he can hang with Jokic in the paint and with Utah drilling threes - nuggets knew they needed Jokic to stay on the perimeter and bomb threes. Missed them in game 4 and they lost. Made them in game 5 and they won.

No excuse for game three for the Nuggets. That was embarrassing.

But for the most part it's a fairly evenly matched series. I think the Jazz are the better team with the matchup and Mitchell playing like mf'ing James Harden on the pull up threes. But if they start to cool off a little bit (like they did in 4th Q game 5) the Nuggets can win the series. Every game should be close. Murray looks like he is also making a major leap. 

Great series and love chopping it up with my guy @jonnyj20 

It's funny how 1 game changes the whole outlook. I was mentally preparing myself for the offseason & now we could have a chance. I think being in the bubble really helps us. We don't need to win a game in a hostile environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought they already cancelled the season for CV-19 or police brutality or something. 

Shows how little I pay attention to the NBA anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2020 at 1:46 PM, AKRNA said:

I thought they already cancelled the season for CV-19 or police brutality or something. 

Shows how little I pay attention to the NBA anymore.

Yeah same here. I gave up on the NBA a long time ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Price of LT's just went up. Decker from the Lions just signed for 6/$85, quite a lot for an average, meh, LT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...