Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Denver seemed to struggle in the regular season when the Lakers went big (Howard/McGee, Davis and Lebron).

I think the Lakers matchup is ideal for Jamal. We're going to need him and at least one other perimeter shooter because points in the paint will be so difficult.

Yeah they have an endless supply of big guys to throw at Jokic. I wonder who on the Lakers can keep up with Murray. Heck even PG and Kawhi couldn't stop him the last few games. Murray will need to shed his inconsistency if Denver stands any chance.

Edited by Joe_is_the_best

6 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

Grant, Craig, Porter are all going to need to step up and hit open shots in order to have a a chance. Also really need to be better at getting to the line(part of this is actually getting calls from the refs). I don’t see us winning the series but these Lakers are not better than the 08-09 team and we don’t have any idiots like Anthony Carter to throw the game away.

long_time_star_wars.gif

At what point do Nuggets fans become worried about MPJ defensively? I mean, I am no expert, but everything about him defensively seems awful besides his rebounding (when he can be bothered).

Poor effort, no defensive IQ, easy to get off his feet, and he gets picked on every time he's on the floor. Nothing at all comes natural to him.

If he's throwing up bricks like he was last night then he's such a liability.

6 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

At what point do Nuggets fans become worried about MPJ defensively? I mean, I am no expert, but everything about him defensively seems awful besides his rebounding (when he can be bothered).

Poor effort, no defensive IQ, easy to get off his feet, and he gets picked on every time he's on the floor. Nothing at all comes natural to him.

If he's throwing up bricks like he was last night then he's such a liability.

Utah exposed this terribly.   Only reason Clippers lost is their wingmen all had awful shooting series.   No one took advantage.  

I defer to the hardcore hoops guys but the one thing I’ve heard repeatedly - it will take an offseason to fix issues that MPJ has.   It’s not something that can be fixed now.   We have seen young players transform from liabilities to decent and even very good defenders.   He is only 23 so it’s not like this is a skill set that’s fixed.  But yeah I suspect it’s going to get ugly this series. 

Looking for some fantasy advice for my 10th and last starter this week.

Its basically down to Sutton, Parker, Harry, Kirk.

Normally Sutton/Parker would both be starting, but they’re game time decisions and that always scares me.  Even if they play they may be on a play count or not as effective.  Harry is listed as questionable as well, but it’s the Patriots, they are reporting he’s good to go.  Kirk I just don’t trust.

I also have the option of getting fancy and going with Claypool or Hardman.  I actually think Claypool could cause Denver a ton of problems today, he’s such a mismatch anywhere on the field and Denver is starting 2 rookie DBs.  

If Sutton plays I’ll probably start him.  Harry, IMO, is probably the safest bet.

33 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Gronks 'Im here to block baby' comment made me like him even more. I love guys that bring it all on gameday but are fun and happy-go-lucky off the field. He is a cool cat. 

Not so similarly, I love KJ Hamlers, attitude on the field. Watching the Hawks vs Pats Monday night game made me realize we are missing those "dogs" on our team. The get in your face, talk smack, and really get in the head of your opponents type of players. While I love and appreciate the Luck type of guys, I want to see the physicality and passion that winning teams have. Unfortunately, maybe thats why we havent seen much of that with us, is cuz we're missing the winning... 

20 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Hamler laid out Hayden didn't know he was that strong

Hamler for being on the smaller side was one of the most physical WRs I watched last year.  It’s what made him one of my favorites in this class.  He gets after it every play.

24 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Hamler for being on the smaller side was one of the most physical WRs I watched last year.  It’s what made him one of my favorites in this class.  He gets after it every play.

Really is unbelievable never seen anything like him honestly saw some Steve smith but smith was stocky like a tank. Hamler is wiery

7 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Really is unbelievable never seen anything like him honestly saw some Steve smith but smith was stocky like a tank. Hamler is wiery

Steve Smith was a great great player and much more physical and better in contested catches than I expect from Hamler. Hamler was compared to Hollywood Brown and I think that's probably as close to a perfect comparison that there is.