Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

13 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

His defensive impact has regressed to the point where he’s really only rim protection. He’s a 5, don’t see him fitting in with Jokic defensively. 

I would dabble as our third big, but yeah i only want ibaka for cheap at this point. What a career resurgence he had in Toronto tho. The guy that should be a Nuggets is OG. Championships would be on the way SMFH

5 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I would dabble as our third big, but yeah i only want ibaka for cheap at this point. What a career resurgence he had in Toronto tho. The guy that should be a Nuggets is OG. Championships would be on the way SMFH

OG gettin locked up this offseason, gonna buy so many scarves. 

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Masai spurned us and then stole OG from us in the draft. Unfortunately he is my enemy 

I’ve often wondered who Masai paid to fabricate medical reports on OG. Getting a borderline top 10 talent to fall to 23 because of a knee injury that was apparently gonna cost him his entire rookie season, only to be ready for the first game...big flex. Not to mention getting that pick AND the one used on Norm for Greivis Vasquez. Damn. Best exec in the game.

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I’ve often wondered who Masai paid to fabricate medical reports on OG. Getting a borderline top 10 talent to fall to 23 because of a knee injury that was apparently gonna cost him his entire rookie season, only to be ready for the first game...big flex. Not to mention getting that pick AND the one used on Norm for Greivis Vasquez. Damn. Best exec in the game.

Yeah, the nuggets obviously felt comfortable OG would fall. Traded back from 13 (became Mitchell) to 24. Definitely the low point of this era. Although they are also elite execs and up there. 

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

@lomaxgrUK George, why have we not paid for Sancho yet? 

A multitude of reasons:

- COVID has had a MASSIVE impact on football finances. Matchday revenue accounts for 20% of United's revenue and that has gone for the foreseeable. United will have been in discussions re: Sancho for a long time with Dortmund, so for United to turn around say "we aren't paying £120m, we will only pay £80m now" creates an issue
- Dortmund are a very well ran club. Their finances are excellent and therefore that gives them perfect leverage. They have no need to sell Sancho, and they know there will be other suitors in time. They were very clear its £120m or nothing, and they appear to be sticking by that
- Is Sancho actually worth £120m? That is what United will be asking. He's young, dynamic and very confident. But he's not achieved anything on the world stage. It's one thing playing for a Dortmund side without expectation; it's another coming into a poor United side that is demanding results
- The wages being reported for Sancho's move are so big. Something like £350k a week. During COVID, that just doesn't seem realistic and there have been reports that personal terms aren't agreed between United and Sancho

United are scrambling around now for a winger and it's embarrassing. Different transfer window, same story. Good clubs get their business done early to integrate their players; we never do.

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

A multitude of reasons:

- COVID has had a MASSIVE impact on football finances. Matchday revenue accounts for 20% of United's revenue and that has gone for the foreseeable. United will have been in discussions re: Sancho for a long time with Dortmund, so for United to turn around say "we aren't paying £120m, we will only pay £80m now" creates an issue
- Dortmund are a very well ran club. Their finances are excellent and therefore that gives them perfect leverage. They have no need to sell Sancho, and they know there will be other suitors in time. They were very clear its £120m or nothing, and they appear to be sticking by that
- Is Sancho actually worth £120m? That is what United will be asking. He's young, dynamic and very confident. But he's not achieved anything on the world stage. It's one thing playing for a Dortmund side without expectation; it's another coming into a poor United side that is demanding results
- The wages being reported for Sancho's move are so big. Something like £350k a week. During COVID, that just doesn't seem realistic and there have been reports that personal terms aren't agreed between United and Sancho

United are scrambling around now for a winger and it's embarrassing. Different transfer window, same story. Good clubs get their business done early to integrate their players; we never do.

Dembele and Traore are the latest I’ve seen links with. Surely they are not the answer. 

On 10/1/2020 at 11:15 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

A multitude of reasons:

Also, what’s the deal with Smalling? Ed doesn’t want to sell him, Ole doesn’t want him training with the squad? Forever looking for a CB, he apparently played quite well in Italy last season.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Ruggs is out though Carr doesn't have much to work with Waller, Renfrow ..... Aghlor

Yeah, but trying to toss a ball while getting sacked has nothing to do with that.  He was let down today and it could’ve been different, but he also constantly had bone headed plays or makes mistakes in crucial situations.  

8 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yeah, but trying to toss a ball while getting sacked has nothing to do with that.  He was let down today and it could’ve been different, but he also constantly had bone headed plays or makes mistakes in crucial situations.  

Oh I agree just don't see a difference with him and say a Goff think he gets over hated to be honest. That throw to Renfrow was beautiful but he does make bonehead plays

25 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh I agree just don't see a difference with him and say a Goff think he gets over hated to be honest. That throw to Renfrow was beautiful but he does make bonehead plays

Yeah.  He has moments.  But he hasn’t been the same since the leg injury.  He checks down as often as possible and just seems to always have a play or 2 in a loss that leaves you scratching your head about what he was thinking.  

Again, he’s not awful.  He’s a very capable NFL starter, but if I’m running the show he’s a guy I’m always looking to try and replace if the right scenario comes along.