Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

17 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Who cares what history says? And why do you rip on this guy?

Also, in that point about him being cut in favor of scrubs: In Minnesota and Detroit, they have established starters. Sloter did well in Minnesota (don't think he played at all in Detroit), but the coaches probably didn't want controversy, so they kept these other backup QB's. I think that sort of thing happens.

If those teams had ANY hope in him being a potential starter, they’re not cutting him to protect another 3rd-stringer’s feelings, come on now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

If those teams had ANY hope in him being a potential starter, they’re not cutting him to protect another 3rd-stringer’s feelings, come on now.

It's not to protect a third-stringer's feelings. They believe that they have their established starter, and they are afraid that the fans would want Sloter if Cousins or Stafford struggled.

18 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

It's not to protect a third-stringer's feelings. They believe that they have their established starter, and they are afraid that the fans would want Sloter if Cousins or Stafford struggled.

If a team had a potential starting QB for league minimum money, they’d prefer to keep spending $30-35M annually for their incumbent, average starters. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

@ET80 what to make crennel possibly being the head coach next year?

Absolutely nothing. It's somebody throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks.

Ownership has been very clear, the next GM picks the next HC - and that next GM isn't in the building. Given that GM isn't here, any speculation on HC is pointless right now.

Just now, ET80 said:

Absolutely nothing. It's somebody throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks.

Ownership has been very clear, the next GM picks the next HC - and that next GM isn't in the building. Given that GM isn't here, any speculation on HC is pointless right now.

Yeah I don't buy it myself

• Like 1

It's amazing how well Miami's rebuild is going what did they do that much different? I'm sure that division helps but that team looks amazing compared to last year. 

They've been my dark horse in the AFC since the niners game lol. The Broncos are a dead horse. Every December for the past 5 years we're looking forward to the draft opposed to actual football kinda sad.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

It's amazing how well Miami's rebuild is going what did they do that much different? I'm sure that division helps but that team looks amazing compared to last year. 

They've been my dark horse in the AFC since the niners game lol. The Broncos are a dead horse. Every December for the past 5 years we're looking forward to the draft opposed to actual football kinda sad.

Definitely not a believer in Miami yet. 30th in offensive yards, 9th in points scored. 23rd in yards allowed, 5th in points allowed. I can’t see that trend continuing for long. 

Also, holy cow did GB screw up drafting Jordan Love. Giving away a 1st round pick until after your Aaron Rodgers window has closed is certifiable. 

• Like 2

Just now, broncosfan_101 said:

Definitely not a believer in Miami yet. 30th in offensive yards, 9th in points scored. 23rd in yards allowed, 5th in points allowed. I can’t see that trend continuing for long. 

Also, holy cow did GB screw up drafting Jordan Love. Giving away a 1st round pick until after your Aaron Rodgers window has closed is certifiable. 

I mean Miami just looks like a complete team when I watch them no clue what numbers state.

And I believe Their coach wanted Lock last draft knew it was coming

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I mean Miami just looks like a complete team when I watch them no clue what numbers state.

GB wanted Lock? He may have been better off there (sitting on the bench for a few years).

20 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I've had Miami as my secondary team this year and they are indeed pretty complete. They need a few more options on offense but what's really impressed me is their defense. They are masters of taking advantage of mistakes as seen by their defense getting touchdowns the last 2 or 3 weeks. We are in for a blowout this week in Dove Valley. The Dolphins were the perfect spot for Tua to come into his own and learn. As to what they did differently, they pretty much stayed with bad QBs and traded away assets for picks until they saw a QB class they liked and could easily make a top5 pick. Instead for us, Elway makes trades for middling QBs that will be "projects" such as Lynch or Lock. Basically a fundamentally different philosophy (see 2018 draft when Josh Allen was the next QB off the board...wish we had him instead of Chubb...Fins would've if they chose where we did that year).

Edited by Dbrog24

Sad I'm already starting to look at the draft and free agency but here we are.... Who are some of your early wish list FAs?

Two names I would be very interested in are:

Leonard Williams (DE) - He'll be 27 going into next year and has always been a great run stopper. This year he has elevated his game and having a career year. I like his motor and his attitude. Would make a big difference on our D-line which is lacking a true two way player. He would be a big cost though, potentially looking at around 15mil/year. Or a few million/year over what Casey is currently scheduled to make. 

Matt Brieda (RB) - He has his injury concerns, but is so explosive, hard working and could potentially replace Gordon if we choose to move on from him and his salary. 

2 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Sad I'm already starting to look at the draft and free agency but here we are.... Who are some of your early wish list FAs?

Two names I would be very interested in are:

Leonard Williams (DE) - He'll be 27 going into next year and has always been a great run stopper. This year he has elevated his game and having a career year. I like his motor and his attitude. Would make a big difference on our D-line which is lacking a true two way player. He would be a big cost though, potentially looking at around 15mil/year. Or a few million/year over what Casey is currently scheduled to make. 

Matt Brieda (RB) - He has his injury concerns, but is so explosive, hard working and could potentially replace Gordon if we choose to move on from him and his salary. 

Breida is a big no.   That soft tissue injury history and altitude (injury recovery, his need to tap out) are a terrible combo. 

Williams would be a nice get. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1