Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

7 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

The Titans punting on a 4th and 2 at the Ravens 40 while trailing in the fourth quarter might be the worst call I’ve ever seen. Vrabel deserves to be eviscerated for that.

Thought I’d never see a more cowardly punt. Turns out I only needed to wait about seven hours.

• Like 1

Coaches playing not to lose....often fail to win.

Vrabel punting on 4th and 2 at the BAL 40 down 4 with 9 mins to go and a bottom 5 TEN D that was playing above its head, but also getting worn out......Tomlin punting 4th and 1 when they had all the momentum, and could have applied the heat to Baker & co., but instead let their worn out D fail (again), and then never get a chance to be in that same spot for the rest of the game.  SMH.     

Coaching decisions and game management matter SO much in playoff time - because there isn't much of a talent gap once you're into the upper tier of teams.    It may seem like nitpicking, but the reason we should hold coaches accountable for bad game management in the regular season - because they rarely become bolder in "play to win" scenarios.    If you're a bad manager in the regular season, it's really unlikely that's improving if you're put into an even-higher stakes situation like a playoff game.    It's what makes Vrabel's decision to put on the BAL 40 so out of character, because he's been one of the most reliable HC's at following the win probability metrics in game management - but it shows that the crucible of the playoffs often can make coaches crack.   

I don't have a problem with us keeping Fangio for another year, given the limbo of new ownership, and a GM coming late to make this call.   But when ppl complain about how bad his game management is - it shouldn't be minimized, or dismissed.   Because a bad HC game manager basically dooms their team in the playoffs, when coaching matters so much more.

Edited by Broncofan

20 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Nickelodeon broadcast is actual fire. Nostalgic old-school show music, 1st down line has constant slime running through it, SLIME CANNONS if you get a TD and edits on highlights like lightning bolts and bubble text like comic books! 

My daughter actually seemed somewhat interested in it. She kept laughing. Kudos to the NFL for doing something fun and off the wall. 

Nate Burelson was awesome too, I like him a lot of GMFB and he was a perfect choice for calling that game. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, germ-x said:

The Steelers have issues, but I’m sure they can’t wait to let Juju hit the road.  Reportedly him and Claypool live in the same complex, hit it off immediately, and are inseparable and now Claypool is acting like a 🤡.

Juju really had a terrible 2H of the season.    He's going to lose a ton of $$, not because of the bad PR - but because his #'s now look to be a construct of the system and short-pass friendliness of the system.   And keep in mind his breakout sophomore year came with AB still around.       

Diontae Johnson (drops aside) and Claypool are going to be fine without Juju.     Juju is going to get a slot-only label that hurts his stock in the FA market.    Combined with another great WR draft class, add in the awful optics of his social media work looking like it's more important to Juju than winning.....man, he did himself no favors heading into FA.    

Edited by Broncofan

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Juju really had a terrible 2H of the season.    He's going to lose a ton of $$, not because of the bad PR - but because his #'s now look to be a construct of the system and short-pass friendliness of the system.   And keep in mind his breakout sophomore year came with AB still around.       

Diontae Johnson (drops aside) and Claypool are going to be fine without Juju.     Juju is going to get a slot-only label that hurts his stock in the FA market.    Combined with another great WR draft class, add in the awful optics of his social media work looking like it's more important to Juju than winning.....man, he did himself no favors heading into FA.    

Oh yeah.  He has to grow up.  Now they have Claypool acting similarly.  Johnson/Claypool will be fine, but I’m sure they can’t wait to get Juju as far away from Claypool as possible with the reports of how close they are.